Has anyone been asked to go to the wattana psychiatric hospital

upcountrydude

Ok you internet Jockies....help me with this

I have his name not his passport number...He is British as you know. He has a daughter in UK, and she needs to be contacted, OR, someone needs the British Consulate here to contact her....What can be done ????

If there was a photo of this guy on TVF...most of you would be physically sick....

You have the name of his daughter, possible town she lives in ?, if you do, the BE should be able to find her off t

Have nothing like that yet....All I have so far is his Name and he has a Daughter...I dont know her name! thats the problem, she may also be married and have a different Family name....

coffee1.gif

Edited by bigjules007

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to all who helped this guy, it took quite a while for me to believe the story, hopefully he can start to rebuild his life.

one thing i was told on my first visit to Thailand 30 years ago, . 'only you are responsible for your safety in Thailand'

Edited by howerde

The Thais believe in witchcraft

i use it against them ,, every thai that has tried this bull on me has had it returns 10 fold ,,

i use a combination of old Welsh mixed with hebrew words and norse runes and Eygyptian glyphs and cast mumbo jumbo at them .. works every time .. they always become polite and passive out of fear of something they really dont understand or comprehend .

I even have them asking my Issan wife for my help ,,

I AM GLAD THE ORIGINAL POSTER HAS MOVED ON HIS LIFE AND FREEDOM WERE AT RISK

coffee1.gif

Edited by slipperylobster

I spoke to my wife about this tonight, as she is a Buri Ram native, to my absloute astonishment she reacted as if i had told her that the sky was blue, she said this happens all the time and that witchcraft in that part of the country (near Cambodia) is real.

She also tells me of a spell that bar girls have performed on them so as to attract men and make them absolutely smitten with them, although the poisoning is obviously factual the spells about making men fall madly in love with them sounds a bit far fetched, although i've known one or two farangs to totally lose the plot over women from Buri Ram, including just dumping there wife and kids literally over night and running off with a bar girl, might be some truth in them witches spells a?

It should be noted, that some of us were concerned about a possible drugging. It appears that this was not confirmed, as no testing was done. Enough said of that, as his daughter is a medic, and will know, better than us, what actually happened/or did not happen.

I have no knowledge of this...

What I do know, is that there are places where people still use drugs to weaken a victim. We were trying to rule that out.

I am sure his family will take care of him. It appears that privacy and closure are what is important now. No more speculation on my part. He was smart enough to ask for help...and help was given, by those already mentioned.

Family love and care can work magic....that I do believe.

I'm glad that things are turning out well for the OP; but the clear message for me is that being part of a forum like this when things are good is the way to go. Then, if things ever turn sour there are some sorts of relationships and empathy already in place. The OP seems to have become a little isolated; to put it mildly; and his first contact with the forum was a cry for help into the dark, to complete strangers. Complete strangers who pulled together and saved his bacon, but it's a massive call and brave to boot from the OP. Desperate, you could say? There's an amount of bitching and backbiting from time to time on TV, sometimes not very good natured but that's a bit like being part of any family, isn't it? However when the chips are down things get moving and there must be no amount of people helped by fellow TVers not just for trivial day-to-day matters, but also to help at times that can be life changing, or in this instance maybe even life saving. Well done to all involved; I was only a spectator from afar but the drama was clear.

Very true. For good or bad, things get tossed around on this forum. Just like anything else, we can use it for good, if we choose to.

Hurting people, just to get negative attention is kind of childish, but we all seen that it can happen. I think most of us shrug that away. Good people exist in every country of the world. Nobody is particularly "bad" or "wrong" just because they were born here or there. Some people go it alone, and find they cannot make it back. They take the step, and all is forgiven.

I would like to think that anybody can ask help, and receive it. Even those that wander from the herd. When they come back, they may even get a second chance.

Incidents like this have been known to be common place throughout history, especially in this area.

I was speaking to my girlfirend about this (she's Thai) and she was disgusted about the way this guy has been treated but wasn't too surprised when I told her where it happened, it's been going on for hundreds of years. She's not from this area but is well aware of previous incidents.

It obviously has nothing to do with 'magic' but magic is used as a cover story for the age old crime of poisoning.

From what I heard 'black magic' = poisoning and 'white magic' = treatment by herbal medicines.

Edited by ukrules

Incidents like this have been known to be common place throughout history, especially in this area.

I was speaking to my girlfirend about this (she's Thai) and she was disgusted about the way this guy has been treated but wasn't too surprised when I told her where it happened, it's been going on for hundreds of years. She's not from this area but is well aware of previous incidents.

It obviously has nothing to do with 'magic' but magic is used as a cover story for the age old crime of poisoning.

From what I heard 'black magic' = poisoning and 'white magic' = treatment by herbal medicines.

Agree. Knowing what is out there, makes you more prepared to resist.

Also, it can help you understand what is going on, should it happen to you. Isolation can make you a target. Also, with no frame of reference, (being drugged/or being manipulated) out alone in the "woods" is downright frightening.

• Like 1

Great job guys ! I really hope the OP recovers well.

What i still don't understand though is how do we know he had been poisened by his wife? Can it not be something in his food/water/air or whatever that caused his symptoms without anybody to blame for it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claviceps_purpurea

There are very dangerous fungus around that can cause almost the same symptoms as described here in this thread.

Not that i'm doubting any of the given reply's but the only thing i learned from living in Thailand is that things here are not always what they seem to be.

Kudos to Weegee and all who helped.

I am still stunned at what upcountrydude must have endured, and the self doubts he must have had before reaching out for help.

He will (I imagine) take quite a while to recover from his ordeal....post trauma, and I wish him all the best.

Once again, it strengthens my hope in humanity that there are still many good people out there that we have yet to meet....and ignore the many that are not good.

Cheers.

As no personal details were given in this thread I see no reason to give details if drugs were the problem and which ones. Being forewarned about what is possible could help other people avoid what happened to the OP.

• Like 1

As I said before selling the car will require paperwork and signatures of the owner in the Blue book. I would try and get those done now if I were you.. as another poster stated it should be an easy enough sale direct to a dealer. Good luck with everything.

Think all is sorted, the car is at swampy and will get moved on shortly to be sold.

I would like to see some kind of investigation launched into this. Has this been reported to the police ?

I would as well. IMHO it should be done by some outside-of-Thailand human rights organization.

The perpetrators of these crimes (crimes against humanity?) were Thai and the heroes foreigners. That combination doesn't sit well in Thailand.

• Like 1