"Pastrami On Rye" Deli Sandwiches - Jomtien -

EddieHaskel

Pattaya/Jomtien residents are so fortunate that 'Pastrami John' is back making his terrific New York Deli Style sandwiches.

He now has an unbelievable menu of 13 awesome sandwiches. I intend to sample them all. They are really incredible.

Beside his famous Pastrami & Corned Beef he has a Cuban Sandwich on the menu along with Pulled Pork, Smoked Pork W/ Bacon, Meatball Sub and several more.

Sandwiches like this go for $20 in New York and you can now get them here for about half that price. Great deal.

John cures, smokes, steams and prepares his ingredients on premises. This is not deli meats from a Thai Wholesaler. This is the way they do it in New York.

"PASTRAMI ON RYE"

LOCATION: Jomtien Beach Road between Soi 8-9 Enter at Casa Jomtien Condos(7/11) on corner go by guard shack on the left.

MENU:

http://www.pastramionryethailand.com/kitchen.html

I have no association with this restaurant. Just appreciate great food.

• Like 1

10 dollars, so about 300 baht for a sandwhich. It better be good for that price.

Before people say you get what you pay for, I will just say that at the Landmark Hotel

in Bangkok I can get a quality sandwhich for about 5 bucks(150 Baht) or less as they have ha;lf price after

7pm.

In Pattaya, quality is either too expensive or just not there.... but I will probably give 'em a try.

Yeah, they probably are a good deal compared to New York, but they are kind of expensive sandwiches for Thailand, and I'm a bit glad about that ... health food they aren't! I remember once I had a corned beef sandwich and then cheesecake at Carnegie Deli and felt like I'd better take a cab directly to the coronary unit!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Again, these are big sandwiches for big appetites so comparing prices with Raros, Subway, Au Bon Pain, etc is difficult. You get a big pickle and a small cole slaw /potato salad too. If I had requested the same portion of meat on my roast beef sandwich I would have paid 500 baht at Subway. Too bad he doesn't have picture menu's.

• Like 1

Again, these are big sandwiches for big appetites so comparing prices with Raros, Subway, Au Bon Pain, etc is difficult. You get a big pickle and a small cole slaw /potato salad too. If I had requested the same portion of meat on my roast beef sandwich I would have paid 500 baht at Subway. Too bad he doesn't have picture menu's.

There are photos on their FaceBook page

I agree. It is a good value for what you get, both quality and quantity. No argument from me on that.thumbsup.gif

The sandwiches are huge. Too big. I never understood why they stack the meat so high?

Could take one home and make 4 or 5 regular size sandwiches with all that meat.

They should make a junior size, priced for Pattayas largest demographic, the cheap charlie.

Why big?

Tradition.

You could share one with a friend.

Anyway, these aren't really super big compared to the famous New York delis.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes I agree a bit expensive but they are worth the price. Used to have the pastrami there when is was delizza years back. Same people.

Great news, I remember that place well and the food.

My plans for tomorrow have just been altered.

Descions descions descions, dont know wether to have the Cuban, Reubens or the Philly cheese steak.

As for expensive, check out the prices in some place like Subway, these prices are a bargain, a meal in itself.

Screw the calories, just whats needed to soak up 10 or 12 beers.

• Like 1

There are photos on their FaceBook page

This is one of the most unappetising things I have ever seen. sad.png

10471019_768029083256494_421119661068008

This is why it pays to hire a professional food photographer to market your product, a concept not understood by so many in the restaurant business. This looks like an abortion but in actuality is probably a fine tasting sandwich.

This looks like an abortion but in actuality is probably a fine tasting sandwich.

I'll take your word for it.

I certainly would not spend 300B to test the theory. If I wanted to spend 300B on a meal I can think of a lot of other places I would rather go, and a lot of things I would rather eat.

• Like 1

This looks like an abortion but in actuality is probably a fine tasting sandwich.

I'll take your word for it.

I certainly would not spend 300B to test the theory. If I wanted to spend 300B on a meal I can think of a lot of other places I would rather go, and a lot of things I would rather eat.

I don't know what that sandwich even was, but yes, they do have exceptionally good deli meats, possibly really the best in Thailand.

Amazing; I was just saying to one of my friends, only the other day; that I had a real craving for a REAL Reuben Sandwich. I have tried some in the larger hotels here & there, over the years, but nothing came close to what they understand a Reuben Sandwich to be in North America . . . . . . .until (obviously) I just read your Post here.

I am extremely grateful for your Post and I will high-tail it down there today to satisfy this yearlong craving of mine ! ! !

THANKS

clap2.gif

• Like 1

Amazing; I was just saying to one of my friends, only the other day; that I had a real craving for a REAL Reuben Sandwich. I have tried some in the larger hotels here & there, over the years, but nothing came close to what they understand a Reuben Sandwich to be in North America . . . . . . .until (obviously) I just read your Post here.

I am extremely grateful for your Post and I will high-tail it down there today to satisfy this yearlong craving of mine ! ! !

THANKS

clap2.gif

Please report back on your findings! Having lived in NYC for some time, I do miss a real reuben. Carnegie's was a regular visit for me. Here's a pic of one of their's. I could feel my colon shudder when I walked in the door! 555555

post-5869-0-38912300-1415147096_thumb.jp

Please report back on your findings! Having lived in NYC for some time, I do miss a real reuben. Carnegie's was a regular visit for me. Here's a pic of one of their's. I could feel my colon shudder when I walked in the door! 555555

Yeah, their sandwiches are RIDONCULOUS!

Edited by Jingthing