New Ais Fiber net

shariq607

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/12/2016 at 9:47 PM, sas_cars said:

Does the AIS fiber come with a landline number like true fiber?

While the router does support voice (2 POTs lines), AIS Fiber does not offer this service.

3BB, which uses the same router, does offer this service, so you get an 02 number. Works well, ~ 49 baht/month. 

The ability to offer voice may be related to some regulatory issues here?

Hello guys,

Would really appreciate some AIS Fiber feedbacks in a bangkok condo.

From what i understand, AIS would connect the building to fiber, but not to the home, so basically connect end user thru old building dsl cable.

What can i expect for the performances by doing so ? I also assume i wont be able to sign for higher than the 30/10 mb offer ? 

Im living on rama 3 in a lumpini building, where AIS is advertising their offer.

Any feedbacks much appreciated !

Cheers

On 11/17/2015 at 4:16 AM, thailanddogerator said:

Thank you for your reply, but the worst that could happen is number 2 and I am sure that number 1 will be what will really happen.

I have no problem bribing the whole condo management and AIS guy to make sure that I get what I want.

I won't let them connect the 10 years old shit copper that is certainly oxidized, so why being stupid and let them install a new copper telephone cable when it is exactly the same job to install the fiber directly to my condo ? It seems so stupid even though I exactly know where we are living, but money talks...

No offense, not sure how your manage your world, but mine always work exactly as I want, here or anywhere else...

So, is that what you get in the end ? I was asking myself the same question since im tempted to move from a dsl to a fiber package.

True, 3BB and AIS are offering in the building, and dont know which one i should go to.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, kimchi said:

Hello guys,

Would really appreciate some AIS Fiber feedbacks in a bangkok condo.

From what i understand, AIS would connect the building to fiber, but not to the home, so basically connect end user thru old building dsl cable.

What can i expect for the performances by doing so ? I also assume i wont be able to sign for higher than the 30/10 mb offer ? 

Im living on rama 3 in a lumpini building, where AIS is advertising their offer.

Any feedbacks much appreciated !

Cheers

Yes, some applications or FTTb(uilding) or curb, with copper used in the riser utilizing VDSL. Actual performance will be based on a few criteria, but 50/10 seems reasonable in many applications. You should contact an ISP for a site survey.

Archived