8,000-10,000 Baht Apartment in Pattaya

Cirencester

Have placed this in Pattaya section rather than a hotel or accomodation section so grateful if it could remain here....

Looking for long term Rental 1-2 years and looking for apartment/room in the above price band plus utility, bit flexible top end

Any suggestions from guys on the Ground...??

You need to be more specific on location and size.

Plenty of studio's for that price in central pattaya, but can also get a house in east.

I would suggest LK living place in soi batman, off pattaya tai.

Away from the bars yet close and cheap enough to get to them.

And price is around 5000 baht

Edited by konying

Plenty of studio's for that price in central pattaya, but can also get a house in east.

Thanks where is Soi Batman as never heard of it. (rough location)

Roughly opposite Big C in South Pattaya.

Not across the road to Sukhumvit , but across the Pattaya Tai, so you still on this side.

Soi Batman - Otherwise known as Pattaya Thai Soi 2.

It got the name from the old Batman Disco at the end of the Soi. It is called JK Disco on the maps, but was always known as the Batman Building. It was the one of Pattaya’s hottest discos in the 90s.

Spotlights casting batman logos arced across the night sky. The young clientele crowded the four floors. Police staged a raid on the dance club and closed the premises for drugs and under-age drinking. While the owner fought the closure in court, a mysterious fire gutted the interior to the delight of his rivals. Batman has remained shut for over a decade. It dominates the neighborhood. Few people enter the derelict building. Where Batman has fled, only pi or ghosts walk the night.

And also known as Soi phone booth..whistling.gif

• Like 1

Book a guest house for a week and do the leg work, supermarket message boards, walk around the sois, check the local papers, go to the places you pick out at night to check for any noise problems.

Don't rent for more that 6 months first, only pay 1 month deposit, make sure your paying government rate water and electric

hope that helps

For that price you could get a fairly nice studio condo in a convenient part of Jomtien, in a building with a big pool. Of course that may not be what you want.

Does it come with Russians?

Looking for squatters maybe whistling.gif

Edited by petermik

It's hard to find a condo in this price range at central pattaya. I wouldn't call Soi Batman as Central Pattaya. It's somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Even Thaigirls are scared to go to this area. There, you MUST have a motorcycle or a car.

I look for my self for a condo from 10000-15000 Baht. But it's very very hard. I think, it starts from 30k. Below, forget it, unless you want a Thaistyle condo.

Edited by alocacoc

It's hard to find a condo in this price range at central pattaya. I wouldn't call Soi Batman as Central Pattaya. It's somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Even Thaigirls are scared to go to this area. There, you MUST have a motorcycle or a car.

I look for my self for a condo from 10000-15000 Baht. But it's very very hard. I think, it starts from 30k. Below, forget it, unless you want a Thaistyle condo.

Why bother to post nonsenserolleyes.gif

Soi Batman is an extention of soi Bongkot, where half of hooker population of Pattaya live.

Soi batman is 5 min walk from Big C and 2 min walk to baht bus on Pattaya Tai.

Clearly you do not have a clue about town or prices, 30k gets you a brand new massive 1 bedroom or as new 2 bedroom pretty much anywhere in central pattaya.

10 000 gets you a studio right on the beach in Markland Condo

Edited by konying
  • Like 1

Soi Batman is an extention of soi Bongkot, where half of hooker population of Pattaya live.

Clearly you do not have a clue about town or prices, 30k gets you a brand new massive 1 bedroom or as new 2 bedroom pretty much anywhere in central pattaya.

Depends on what people understand about "Central Pattaya". I know Soi Batman quite well. Ok, may be the OP want access quickly to Big C south, then he will be happy there. If he want to stay close to bars, well, then i would not suggest this place. Then better he would rent a 10k Appartment in Jomtien, Treppasit Rd. There are also live many hookers.

Edited by alocacoc

• 2 weeks later...

I have a double condo 60 sqm condo in jomtiean whit 2 pools and 2 old gym.. for 8500bath and pay water and electricity to the company .. no extra charge.. so everything is possible

And yes there is russia people in jomtiean. I lived here 3 year and i think i actully talk to a Russian 2 or times in 3 year... i am from Denmark and i was not so happy about the russian.. but if i gone be honest... in this 3 years i acuelly never hade a problem whit them.. just want to give an example..

• Like 2

Oh lord that's too much. 2,000 baht per month is what Thais pay. I have seen nice apartments(fan cooled) for 2,000 baht per month in and around Pattaya. Might as well stay home if you're going to pay that much(I can find flats at that price in my home country).

No sense in paying those prices. I can find cheaper places in my own country(not a cheap place by world standards). If I have to pay much more than 3-4k a month, I'd just walk away. I rented a luxurious brand new studio flat in Chiang Mai for 3k a year back. There are nice places IF you rent on a yearly basis. Don't look like a sucker and pay the farang tourist price. Nirun is decent but a little pricey for my tastes.

I think the best thing you can do, is as suggested in an earlier reply come and rent week by week and look yourself. Nobody can say this or that is good for you, as you only know your taste and standards.

If you need a Baht bus for transport, then keep near to the main roads.

Nirun is a dump IMO

Nirun is decent but a little pricey for my tastes.

Nirun is fine if you dont want to walk too far to find a hooker or a drug dealer, but I would not live there if I was paid to.

There are indeed many Thai-style apartments to be had for a few thousand Baht per month, but they dont have the panoramic sea view that mine does, nor do they have my huge swimming pool and big secure car park, nor are they yards from the sea and right on a main Baht-bus route and near many shops and high-end restaurants. So you do get what you pay for.

That said, I would not pay the sort of ridiculous prices that agents here demand for monthly rentals either. 50% of the advertised price would often be about right for yearly rentals.

Oh lord that's too much. 2,000 baht per month is what Thais pay. I have seen nice apartments(fan cooled) for 2,000 baht per month in and around Pattaya. Might as well stay home if you're going to pay that much(I can find flats at that price in my home country).

2,000Bt a month? How is it living like a tuk tuk driver?

Move to Thailand and join the bottom of the food chain? I don't get it.

• Like 1

Markland for 10k? I'll tell my mate on the management committee. He'll have a good chuckle at that one.

I have a 48 sq meter condo in Jomtien. I have lived here two years and I am still unsure what a Russian looks like.

That's strange. I dont know of many condo buildings in Jomtien that dont have a significant presence of Russians (or people from countries very close to Russia). You also see them absolutely everywhere on the beach and along Beach Road and all over Pratumnak.

I have a double condo 60 sqm condo in jomtiean whit 2 pools and 2 old gym.. for 8500bath and pay water and electricity to the company .. no extra charge.. so everything is possible

And yes there is russia people in jomtiean. I lived here 3 year and i think i actully talk to a Russian 2 or times in 3 year... i am from Denmark and i was not so happy about the russian.. but if i gone be honest... in this 3 years i acuelly never hade a problem whit them.. just want to give an example.

Why do i want to rent a thai room for 2000bath when that is a whore room whit nothing i have a EU Standard appartment actuelly i have a home.. not a room... i did not move to Thailand to live like a tuktuk driver... i moved to Thailand to Raising my life and live a more comfortable life then i did home... it worth every bath...

• Like 1

Why do i want to rent a thai room for 2000bath when that is a whore room whit nothing i have a EU Standard appartment actuelly i have a home.. not a room... i did not move to Thailand to live like a tuktuk driver... i moved to Thailand to Raising my life and live a more comfortable life then i did home... it worth every bath...

I fully agree. I understand that every have its own priorities. But for me too, i need a decent apartment. If i couldn't afford it, i would prefer to stay in my home country.