Koh Tao suspects to be indicted by end of month

Lite Beer

seahorse, on 01 Mar 2015 - 00:55, said:

The B2 said they went for a swim and when they came back their clothes had been stolen. We have seen a picture of a guy walking about wearing a t-shirt of one of them and one flip-flop. I think that is consistent with their story. Now, who is he and what was he doing?

I still subscribe to the theory that "walking man" is wearing both flip-flops (jandals/thongs) in those CCTV images but I admit it's really hard to tell. Many of us think it is Maung Maung, the third Burmese. In one CCTV image he appears to be carrying what looks like a bottle in his left hand which would fit with his story that he brought another bottle of alcohol to the beach where the B2 were sitting after they had run out of beer. Nevertheless all the CCTV footage of "walking man" seems to be well before the murders took place so I really question the relevance if it is indeed Maung Maung.

• Like 1

greenchair, on 01 Mar 2015 - 14:45, said:
IslandLover, on 01 Mar 2015 - 14:30, said:
berybert, on 01 Mar 2015 - 05:02, said:

berybert, on 01 Mar 2015 - 05:02, said:

greenchair, on 01 Mar 2015 - 01:16, said:

greenchair, on 01 Mar 2015 - 01:16, said:

Oh berybert, really I must be patient with you. but it's starting to wear thin.

The police would not reveal who turned in the stolen clothes. But really it might just have been a common thief with no connection to the crime. There certainly was a lot of strange things going on in regards to clothes that night.

The b2 say their clothes were stolen.

David strangely was found naked.

David's clothes are squeaky clean.

If the picture is Muang Muang, he changed clothes with Wei.

There is a naked man in the street.

What a weird set up.

OK stay patient. As I said before, why when the Burmese guys are stark bollok naked would they riffle thru clothes that are laying on the ground to steal a phone and sunglasses, yet leave the clothes behind.

Quite ...... A very unlikely scenario. Yet when Maung Maung returned to his room at around 5 a.m. after being with his girlfriend, he said he woke the B2 to ask them where the guitar was and they told him they had left it at the AC bar. Perhaps they were too embarrassed to tell MM the guitar had been nicked.

I am wondering about the other 2 that were sharing the room.

Did they not see the b2 sleeping.

It has never been mentioned whether the other two were actually in the room of the B2 on the night of the murders. They were only produced at the pre-trial hearing to testify that they had been given a phone by the B2 at some time after the murders which they became suspicious of and consequently smashed.

greenchair, on 01 Mar 2015 - 14:50, said:greenchair, on 01 Mar 2015 - 14:50, said:

Clearly 1 jandal is missing.

attachicon.gifpost-223227-0-23285100-1420519434.jpg

Sorry Greenchair, I'm still not convinced. The angle of his right foot makes it very hard to tell.

Also, this particular CCTV image is recorded at 2 a.m. and we have footage of both David and Hannah walking around at this time, very much alive. Much more relevant is the footage of running man and the farang/asian couple.

Edited by IslandLover
  • Like 2

berybert....I understood that Hannah's phone was turned in to authorities by her friend Emma who had been carrying it in her purse.

attachicon.gifPhone.jpg

Of course. Hannah must be the only girl in the world who doesn't have her own bag/purse/pocket in which to carry her stuff.

It is known that Hannah was not carrying a handbag (purse) on the night she was killed. CCTV images prove this. Her phone, and presumably wallet, were being carried in her friend's handbag.

But when she left AC Bar it looks like she has her wallet in the right hand. But maybe not her phone.

fayou, on 01 Mar 2015 - 15:07, said:
IslandLover, on 01 Mar 2015 - 00:22, said:
berybert, on 28 Feb 2015 - 20:04, said:
Eirene, on 28 Feb 2015 - 19:57, said:

berybert....I understood that Hannah's phone was turned in to authorities by her friend Emma who had been carrying it in her purse.

attachicon.gifPhone.jpg

Of course. Hannah must be the only girl in the world who doesn't have her own bag/purse/pocket in which to carry her stuff.

It is known that Hannah was not carrying a handbag (purse) on the night she was killed. CCTV images prove this. Her phone, and presumably wallet, were being carried in her friend's handbag.

But when she left AC Bar it looks like she has her wallet in the right hand. But maybe not her phone.

Yes, it could be. In the group photo of Hannah/David/Chris Ware etc. taken at Chopper's bar earlier in the evening her phone, and what looks like a wallet, are on the table in front of her. Hannah's phone was given to the RTP by her friend on the morning after the murders but there was never any mention of the wallet, but presumably it was given to them as well. All Hannah's possessions (phone, iPad etc.) were returned by the RTP to her family when they arrived in Bangkok. Anyway, the point is that Hannah was not carrying a handbag that night but her friend was. She also had no pockets in the outfit she was wearing in which to carry anything.

thanks @IslandLover

If its not her wallet or her phone...what could it be ? She left the Bar with other people ! Without money or Phone? I dont think so. If the wallet presumably was given with the phone to the police as well. It means she left the bar with phone and wallet and gave it to her friend later on. She did not leave the bar with her friends ( the 3 uk girls sitting next to her in the bar ) The cctv footage at AC Bar 23.58 shows Hannah left with Matt Barrat, Tom Woods and Emma Madeline. Hannah must have seen her friends later somewhere to give the phone and wallet to them. But why ? Do i miss something here because i never read anything about this.

post-151207-0-56838200-1425234316_thumb.

Edited by fayou

fayou, on 01 Mar 2015 - 19:13, said:

thanks @IslandLover

If its not her wallet or her phone...what could it be ? She left the Bar with other people ! Without money or Phone? I dont think so. If the wallet presumably was given with the phone to the police as well. It means she left the bar with phone and wallet and gave it to her friend later on. She did not leave the bar with her friends ( the 3 uk girls sitting next to her in the bar ) The cctv footage at AC Bar 23.58 shows Hannah left with Matt Barrat, Tom Woods and Emma Madeline. Hannah must have seen her friends later somewhere to give the phone and wallet to them. Do i miss something here because i never read anything about this.

I think it was Chopper's bar they left at 23.58, not the AC bar. They had all been watching a Manchester United football game. Emma Madeline was the friend with the handbag who was carrying Hannah's phone and presumably wallet, and was the one who gave Hannah's phone to the RTP on the morning after the murders.

thanks @IslandLover

If its not her wallet or her phone...what could it be ? She left the Bar with other people ! Without money or Phone? I dont think so. If the wallet presumably was given with the phone to the police as well. It means she left the bar with phone and wallet and gave it to her friend later on. She did not leave the bar with her friends ( the 3 uk girls sitting next to her in the bar ) The cctv footage at AC Bar 23.58 shows Hannah left with Matt Barrat, Tom Woods and Emma Madeline. Hannah must have seen her friends later somewhere to give the phone and wallet to them. Do i miss something here because i never read anything about this.

I think it was Chopper's bar they left at 23.58, not the AC bar. They had all been watching a Manchester United football game. Emma Madeline was the friend with the handbag who was carrying Hannah's phone and presumably wallet, and was the one who gave Hannah's phone to the RTP on the morning after the murders.

OK, Thank you i understand. Bit confused. rolleyes.gif But what have Emma Madeline and Hannah's friends said about what happened that night ? There have been literally no reports or witness statements at all.

Edited by fayou
  • Like 1

thanks @IslandLover

OK, Thank you i understand. Bit confused. rolleyes.gif But what have Emma Madeline and Hannah's friends said about what happened that night ? There have been literally no reports or witness statements at all.

Correct. Hannah and David's travelling companions have said absolutely nothing since the murders. Hannah was with 3 other girls including Emma and David was with two guys, Chris and Jimmy Ware, although Jimmy apparently left the island the day before the murders. They all apparently gave statements to the RTP and presumably the British police on their return to the UK - but who really knows as nothing has been reported. We can only surmise that they have been told not to talk for whatever reason.

• Like 1

I wonder why hannah was separated from her friend Emma. They were out together, but suddenly hannah is alone?

At 23.58 Hannah, Emma Madeline, Matt Barrat and Tom Woods left Choppers Bar and Grill and moved to the AC nightclub.

At 7.47pm David and his friend Chris Ware were filmed walking towards the bar. They were then recorded at 12.55am leaving, stopping in a convenience store for a toasted sandwich, before walking back to their bungalow.

In a police interview Mr Ware told officers that David then told him he was going out to get some cigarettes but another friend revealed he went instead to nightclub AC to meet up with Hannah and her friend Emma Madeline.

AT 1.26am David Miller is recorded walking from the club, and returns at 1.57am. That is the last time he is seen on camera.

Without Hannah.

Emma Madeleine had phone and wallet (?) from Hanna and must have know where Hannah after the AC Bar went.

Edited by fayou
  • Like 1

I wonder why hannah was separated from her friend Emma. They were out together, but suddenly hannah is alone?

At 23.58 Hannah, Emma Madeline, Matt Barrat and Tom Woods left Choppers Bar and Grill and moved to the AC nightclub.

At 7.47pm David and his friend Chris Ware were filmed walking towards the bar. They were then recorded at 12.55am leaving, stopping in a convenience store for a toasted sandwich, before walking back to their bungalow.

In a police interview Mr Ware told officers that David then told him he was going out to get some cigarettes but another friend revealed he went instead to nightclub AC to meet up with Hannah and her friend Emma Madeline.

AT 1.26am David Miller is recorded walking from the club, and returns at 1.57am. That is the last time he is seen on camera.

Without Hannah.

Emma Madeleine had phone and wallet (?) from Hanna and must have know where Hannah after the AC Bar went.

I believe 100% although went back to the pub, he did not meet with hannah again. I think as he was going back to his room or was at a beach party ,he stumbled upon the attack of Hannah. He then tried to intervene.

Tom, matt and Emma have never said how it came to be that they all parted with hannah.

It would certainly answer a lot of questions. ???

Without Hannah.

Yes, you would expect so but none of these people have said anything and I suspect we will never know what really happened that night. I find it so strange, in the case of Hannah, that the girl she was sharing a room with, and who had been accompanying her all evening, would leave her alone like that, or at least would know where she went after leaving the bar.

• Like 2

Thai police said they had CCTV of Mr Miller and Ms Witheridge walking together, and later footage showing a man - described as being of Asian appearance - who is now the prime suspect.

Police say they have examined CCTV footage showing the two victims leaving a bar late on Sunday night, walking towards the beach - but they were killed in a hidden spot behind some rocks, and no eyewitnesses have yet been found.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29225672

Edited by seahorse

Friends told police that Hannah, from Great Yarmouth, and David, from Jersey, left the club together between 3am and 4am.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2764038/Did-Thai-murder-victims-argue-island-gangster-hour-brutally-killed-Locals-claim-no-one-speak-scared.html

Yes I read somewhere also but cant find the link now where one of the friends I think it it was Tom said they left together and he presumed they were heading to the beach

Thai police said they had CCTV of Mr Miller and Ms Witheridge walking together, and later footage showing a man - described as being of Asian appearance - who is now the prime suspect.

Police say they have examined CCTV footage showing the two victims leaving a bar late on Sunday night, walking towards the beach - but they were killed in a hidden spot behind some rocks, and no eyewitnesses have yet been found.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29225672

I think your first quote where it says Thai police said they had CCTV of Mr. Miller and Ms. Witheridge walking together could refer to the farang man and Asian woman who were mistaken for Hannah and David, and whose picture appeared in many early press reports. It is curious that there has never been any CCTV footage released of Hannah and David walking together.

I think David was hiding from his friends (the Ware bros) the fact that he was having a fling with Hannah, in case his girlfriend back home found out.

Hannah was obviously a very attractive young woman who a lot of men would have been interested in. From all accounts she was a nice person too. And apparently so was David. It would be only natural for them to be attracted to each other.

• Like 2

OK, Thank you i understand. Bit confused. rolleyes.gif alt=rolleyes.gif> But what have Emma Madeline and Hannah's friends said about what happened that night ? There have been literally no reports or witness statements at all.

Correct. Hannah and David's travelling companions have said absolutely nothing since the murders. Hannah was with 3 other girls including Emma and David was with two guys, Chris and Jimmy Ware, although Jimmy apparently left the island the day before the murders. They all apparently gave statements to the RTP and presumably the British police on their return to the UK - but who really knows as nothing has been reported. We can only surmise that they have been told not to talk for whatever reason.

Yes, it would be very interesting to hear what Hannah and David's friends say about what they observed that night, and their ideas related to the crime. Thai clubs are supposed to close at 2 pm are they not? Having a residual group of backpackers hanging around at 3 and even 4 is probably not unusual there. However, a friend or two leaving before Hannah is not unusual. It happens often where a friend says; "I'm tired. I'm going back to the guest house. (to her friend): Do you want to go back with me now? No? Ok, you be ok, and I'll see you later, bye."

As for the guy dressed in black, with possibly just one sandal: that CCTV is at least 2.5 hours before the crime, so it doesn't seem significant.

• Like 1

OK, Thank you i understand. Bit confused. rolleyes.gif alt=rolleyes.gif> But what have Emma Madeline and Hannah's friends said about what happened that night ? There have been literally no reports or witness statements at all.

Yes, it would be very interesting to hear what Hannah and David's friends say about what they observed that night, and their ideas related to the crime. Thai clubs are supposed to close at 2 pm are they not? Having a residual group of backpackers hanging around at 3 and even 4 is probably not unusual there. However, a friend or two leaving before Hannah is not unusual. It happens often where a friend says; "I'm tired. I'm going back to the guest house. (to her friend): Do you want to go back with me now? No? Ok, you be ok, and I'll see you later, bye."

As for the guy dressed in black, with possibly just one sandal: that CCTV is at least 2.5 hours before the crime, so it doesn't seem significant.

Seems the UK police have been sharing information they should not have been with their Thai counterparts in this interesting article published yesterday http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/01/capital-punishment-concerns-hannah-witheridge-david-miller-murder-thailand

Taken from this this tread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/781951-family-of-brits-murdered-in-thailand-say-evidence-convincing/page-111

• Like 2

The news has many conflicting times and stories. If it cannot be backed up with evidence then it is only useful as guide at best. For example 1 report says hannah and david were at a beach party and left together at 1 am.

We know know certainly through cctv that this cannot be true.

Another report says they left the ac bar together between 3am and 4am. First it would be interesting to know the closing times of the bars. Since I thought by law they must close at 2.30 am. And it has been reported that often the party went to the beach at pub closing time.

3rd. Why is there only a picture of David by himself at the bar. Surely if they met together at the bar there would be a picture of them sitting together or walking along the way to the beach.

But no. There is not a single pic of them anywhere near each other. He may have thought she was lovely. We don't know.

But we know leading up to the crime, they had no romantic indications by friends or cctv at all. Only a fool would believe they did. ????

• Like 1

I am just wondering. If the brit coroner / police did have solid proof that the b2 were innocent.

Would they keep it to themselves and let these 2 die, in order to follow protocol correctly? ????

Shame oh shame ????

The only thing they could withhold is the DNA I guess.... I doubt that though..

The news has many conflicting times and stories. If it cannot be backed up with evidence then it is only useful as guide at best. For example 1 report says hannah and david were at a beach party and left together at 1 am.

We know know certainly through cctv that this cannot be true.

Another report says they left the ac bar together between 3am and 4am. First it would be interesting to know the closing times of the bars. Since I thought by law they must close at 2.30 am. And it has been reported that often the party went to the beach at pub closing time.

3rd. Why is there only a picture of David by himself at the bar. Surely if they met together at the bar there would be a picture of them sitting together or walking along the way to the beach.

But no. There is not a single pic of them anywhere near each other. He may have thought she was lovely. We don't know.

But we know leading up to the crime, they had no romantic indications by friends or cctv at all. Only a fool would believe they did. ????

'Why is there only a picture of David by himself at the bar?'

I saw the picture. Unfortunately without Date and time stamps. But i think David wear the T- Shirt from the night of his murder. Obviously Hannah and her friends where not there during the time David was looking for them. Shortly before 1.26 am or after 1.57am when he returns?

the closing time.

AC - BAR - Sairee Beach open daily, party every Tue, Thu, Sun from 20.00h - 3.00h

• Like 1

'a friend or two leaving before Hannah is not unusual'

Of course not. But to leave her without giving back her phone or even wallet ? That's strange.

• Like 1

The only reason I can think that a woman (or man) might give their personal belongings to someone to look after in that situation is if they were going for a swim and didn't want to leave anything on the sand. I wonder if David had a wallet with him and if he did, what happened to it? Hannah's friend who handed her phone to the police must have given an explanation of why and when it came to be in her possession. I also wonder if when her phone was given back to her parents, all the data/photos were still on it.

All this business of phones seems strange to say the least. David's phone found smashed. Hannah's in the possession of a friend. McAnna allegedly using a phone belonging to a member of staff at the 24/7 store to ask for help. And nothing whatsoever in the public domain regards what evidence there might have been on any of them relating to the murders or lead up to the murders.

• Like 2

The trial should sort out much of the confusion people seem to be having.

I think they are guilty but we know that they have a defense team and advocates. Let them do their jobs.