PM Prayut: Foreign leaders concerned about Thailand

webfact

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathetic -

The rhetoric is disgraceful-

Obama is asking for the hostages (Thai Public ) to be released back to democracy-

This Guy is banned By Australia and Tony Abbott was heard to call him a "disappointment ""

This guy was NOT pathetic but is heading that way and YES Australia will not give him the time of day so you are right. Australia has not lifted travel warnings and NO ONE at home believes the TOURIST situation has improved thank you to the botched Kao Tao or whatever it is called, investigation. People are stayuong away in droves and I mean planes that are normally full are half full .... that is a lot of people with changed pland and many others are travelling on not staying.

And do you really think Prauth spoke DIRECTLY to Putin or Obama? NO WAY! Maybe a nod here and ther ean his little address to the crowd as they are all permitted to do.

"“I told all the leaders that Thailand was relatively peaceful now,” he said.

The Thai premier said he told all the foreign leaders that the atmosphere for tourism in Thailand had improved and invited people from their countries to visit." And this is the same CRAP that every PM of Thailand says. OF COURSE everyone is invited to visit. Just that maybe a lot NO LONGER want to visit and people like me are getting peed off by the rhetoric when there was such a great chance for REAL POSITIVE innovative change.

The shine has worn off and I feel speaking to people and businesses and Embassy staff ...my own that is ... and reading between the lines of business news.. that the golden days Of THAILAND the HUB is now over

It has been on the downward spiral for years, but the problem with some TVF posters is ---they actually believe it started when the PM took over. and they insist everyday it is his fault---scams, tourists-south problems-infrastructure- killings- He is at the helm now so he is having to carry the can, the same as Yingluck should for most of this mess. He is definitely not the best by a long shot, but the deflections off Yinglucks woes are the only thing that some posters post about.

• Like 1

Suggest you read the article, which quotes General Prayuth himself as saying President Obama was concerned, and implies that Prime Minister Putin was as well - hence the General felt the need to re-assure them everything was ok.

Of course, if you wish to question General Prayuth's veracity, that is your problem!smile.png

I read a few reports sure there are concerns in all governments, Thailand has it's ongoing problems, There were comments that have to be answered. and the PM just did that.

My point AGAIN is the heading to the original topic is misleading as it implies that the meeting was about concern for Thailand and it WAS NOT.

>Gen Prayut, who also heads the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), said that he had met leaders of all 21 APEC members at a dinner reception on Monday evening and they had expressed concern about the situation in Thailand.< Quote from the OP

Selective reading by Mr ginjag, again!!coffee1.gif

>Gen Prayut said he told the foreign leaders that his interim government was carrying out national reform and the process would not take a long time to complete.< Quote

Cleaned 3 beaches Check

Moved some streetvendors Check

Lotteryprices Check (sort of)

Motosai-taxis Check (sort of)

Sure those impressive reforms will impress the world-leaders!!coffee1.gif

Even if it was those 4 issues that the most popular PM in the last decade addressed in 5 months it is still 4 more issues than the PTP addressed in 3 years!

Of course an agenda biased response sourced from the narrative of the PTP seems to strike down it's victims with instant Alzheimer's Disease with the symptoms being a decline in memory, thinking and reasoning skills.

Here is a few issues to refresh your memory.

1/ Stopped red shirt terrorist daily attacks without firing a single bullet.

2/ Removed over 170 000 illegal workers from Thailand. Those registered and returning will have access to medical facilities and be legally recognized in Thailand. Exbetiting an end to human trafficking across the borders (especially near Soi Dao, Chanthaburi were I have a lot of first hand knowledge of)3/ Confiscating illegal weapons in 2 months that equated to 10% of all weapons finds in 14 years.

4/ Paid the majority of the rice farmers.

5/ Stood up for the tax payer and the majority by properly investigating the rice scheme and actually finding irregularities in it instead of excuses. Of course you will have excuses for this.

6/ Brought Thailand back to the #1 rice exporter.

7/ Cleared the beaches of "tourist hasslers"

8/ Stopped the red shirt terrorist attacks without firing a single bullet. That one was stated twice due to its importance because your or my children could have been the next victims.

9/ Rationalizing state enterprise board member bonuses and perks.

10/ Pension fund reintroduced to benefit a broad spectrum of the population. Not just rice farmers.

11/ Stopped the red shirt terrorist attacks without firing a single bullet. That one was stated three times. As you can see my children's safety is paramount and singly the most important, precious asset in my life.

12/ Offering a road map to return democracy to a country that had not seen it for 3 years (yes, yes yingluck was elected)

13/ Offering reform to a country whose previous regime saw reform as giving amnesty to the PM's brother and 25 000 other corruption cases.

And every last thing you wrote is BS! That took a long time to dream up this poop.

To me the PM has assured foreign leaders that Thailand is on the right track, To me the speech give out good vibes.

The topic Heading is definitely misleading posters, and invites negative comments.

I did not see anywhere any foreign leaders shouting concern. So why word it like this. To me this is baiting ill feeling on TVF.

Suggest you read the article, which quotes General Prayuth himself as saying President Obama was concerned, and implies that Prime Minister Putin was as well - hence the General felt the need to re-assure them everything was ok.

Of course, if you wish to question General Prayuth's veracity, that is your problem!smile.png

I read a few reports sure there are concerns in all governments, Thailand has it's ongoing problems, There were comments that have to be answered. and the PM just did that.

My point AGAIN is the heading to the original topic is misleading as it implies that the meeting was about concern for Thailand and it WAS NOT.

Take it up with the State News Agency MCOT.

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=5461a47ebe04700b148b46eb

>Gen Prayut said he told the foreign leaders that his interim government was carrying out national reform and the process would not take a long time to complete.< Quote

Cleaned 3 beaches Check

Even if it was those 4 issues that the most popular PM in the last decade addressed in 5 months it is still 4 more issues than the PTP addressed in 3 years!

Of course an agenda biased response sourced from the narrative of the PTP seems to strike down it's victims with instant Alzheimer's Disease with the symptoms being a decline in memory, thinking and reasoning skills.

2/ Removed over 170 000 illegal workers from Thailand. Those registered and returning will have access to medical facilities and be legally recognized in Thailand. Exbetiting an end to human trafficking across the borders (especially near Soi Dao, Chanthaburi were I have a lot of first hand knowledge of)3/ Confiscating illegal weapons in 2 months that equated to 10% of all weapons finds in 14 years.

5/ Stood up for the tax payer and the majority by properly investigating the rice scheme and actually finding irregularities in it instead of excuses. Of course you will have excuses for this.

8/ Stopped the red shirt terrorist attacks without firing a single bullet. That one was stated twice due to its importance because your or my children could have been the next victims.

10/ Pension fund reintroduced to benefit a broad spectrum of the population. Not just rice farmers.

11/ Stopped the red shirt terrorist attacks without firing a single bullet. That one was stated three times. As you can see my children's safety is paramount and singly the most important, precious asset in my life.

12/ Offering a road map to return democracy to a country that had not seen it for 3 years (yes, yes yingluck was elected)

13/ Offering reform to a country whose previous regime saw reform as giving amnesty to the PM's brother and 25 000 other corruption cases.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the popcorn gunman who was paid to shoot at people, was he a red terrorist?

Was the person throwing grenades at police a red terrorist?

Such a pity the army could not of done the same in 2010.

ginjag<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

Pathetic -

Obama is asking for the hostages (Thai Public ) to be released back to democracy-

This Guy is banned By Australia and Tony Abbott was heard to call him a "disappointment ""

This guy was NOT pathetic but is heading that way and YES Australia will not give him the time of day so you are right. Australia has not lifted travel warnings and NO ONE at home believes the TOURIST situation has improved thank you to the botched Kao Tao or whatever it is called, investigation. People are stayuong away in droves and I mean planes that are normally full are half full .... that is a lot of people with changed pland and many others are travelling on not staying.

And do you really think Prauth spoke DIRECTLY to Putin or Obama? NO WAY! Maybe a nod here and ther ean his little address to the crowd as they are all permitted to do.

The Thai premier said he told all the foreign leaders that the atmosphere for tourism in Thailand had improved and invited people from their countries to visit." And this is the same CRAP that every PM of Thailand says. OF COURSE everyone is invited to visit. Just that maybe a lot NO LONGER want to visit and people like me are getting peed off by the rhetoric when there was such a great chance for REAL POSITIVE innovative change.

The shine has worn off and I feel speaking to people and businesses and Embassy staff ...my own that is ... and reading between the lines of business news.. that the golden days Of THAILAND the HUB is now over

It has been on the downward spiral for years, but the problem with some TVF posters is ---they actually believe it started when the PM took over. and they insist everyday it is his fault---scams, tourists-south problems-infrastructure- killings- He is at the helm now so he is having to carry the can, the same as Yingluck should for most of this mess. He is definitely not the best by a long shot, but the deflections off Yinglucks woes are the only thing that some posters post about.

I don't know or care who started what and when. I am English and believe in democracy as so many have fought and died to protect. End of for me

Cleaned 3 beaches Check

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the popcorn gunman who was paid to shoot at people, was he a red terrorist?

Was the person throwing grenades at police a red terrorist?

Such a pity the army could not of done the same in 2010.

ginjag<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

Pathetic -

I don't know or care who started what and when. I am English and believe in democracy as so many have fought and died to protect. End of for me

I am with you on this BUT...democracy Shin Thai style is not my style, Elections pave the way for democratic rule--PTP did not observe this, they in government flouted the law and ruled therefore undemocratically--lousy governance---This is my gripe, but certainly not to kick to death anyone having a go at a big mega clean up---gonna take years to undo not months.

PM Prayut: Foreign leaders concerned about Thailand

, but I told them 'You think too much'

Maybe did for all we know. These meetings are to air views between leaders and they would all share opinions.

Am I getting the wrong news-----Was the meeting called for, for the Thai PM to attend to answer questions about the Thai situation ?? NO.

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

Cleaned 3 beaches Check

Sure those impressive reforms will impress the world-leaders!!coffee1.gif width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

You got about half a dozen replys when you posted that rubbish on the other thread, If you want to believe everything the Junta are saying as fact, then thats your choice

I don't understand how someone, who claims to care so much for their children, is so concerned about the infinitesimally small chance of being involved in protest violence, yet chooses to stay in a country with the second worst driving record in the world. Seems like the odds of a traffic accident are many magnitudes greater (515 times greater) than being involved in protest violence, and driving accidents can happen anywhere in the country. Protest violence can be avoided by simply avoiding protest sites.

This type of argument, used in almost every post, is a logical fallacy called appeal to emotion. http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/appeal-to-emotion.html

It is fallacious because using various tactics to incite emotions in people does not serve as evidence for a claim.

Using a child’s safety to make an argument, when ignoring other obvious safety issues, is simply a manipulation in place of a valid or compelling argument.

• Like 1

Go easy on him JOC.

OCD when left untreated produces such reactions. Only his perception of reality IS the real one.

Anti-Thaksinistas (who by the way, never lost one Satang due to Thaksin's shenanigans) would be happy with Idi Amin in power instead of YS who was voted by the majority of Thais and elected by MPs, also elected and some appointed, per Thainess.

If a minority of people hate Thaksin, who still has ample support in Thailand, it follows they also hate the majority of Thais who support him.

A=B

B=C

A=C

Not rocket science but OCDers will never understand/accept that.

"If a minority of people hate Thaksin, who still has ample support in Thailand, it follows they also hate the majority of Thais who support him."

I knew the science of logic was never taught in Thailand, which explains the many illogical statements by Thai officials, but assumed it was taught in most western schools, I guess not.

If I do not like cake, but you do like cake, then according to your "logic" I do not like you! biggrin.png

I agree logic is not rocket science, but it is actual science, it follows mathematical rules and can therefore be proven or disproven mathematically. There are plenty of books that teach it, and I strongly suggest certain ppl buy one before posting biggrin.png

You are using Thai logic and therefore the result is a false analogy..

It's Math. Transient character.

It's about equal (= not FB likes)

Your post borders on Sophistry. Look it up.

I agree your previous post was hard (impossible) to defend as it was a simple issue of logic/math gone wrong, not an opinion which can always be defended, so assumed you would try to deflect attention instead - and you didsmile.png

Let us simply forget about it and let the other readers decide for themselves biggrin.png

Edited by monkeycountry

Pathetic -

• Like 1

The stuttering parrot, on 11 Nov 2014 - 15:34, said:

How did he keep a straight face when he was spewing out all that BS?

The south is a basket case the koh Tao murders are worldwide news not to mention martial law still in place and the tourism industry in a down hill spiral.The suppression of freedom of speech and trying to wipe the Thaksin name from history and warning media not to mention his name while they pursue his sister while others on the other side of politics are once again given safe passage.

All the known scams are still in place so what has he actually done since seizing power which he denied he was going to do in the first place?

The only people who believe his rhetoric is himself and ginjag, the other world leaders are not that stupid, but know what to say politically, this is another thing the Gen. does not understand... international political speak.

you forgot DJJamie who worships him, Suthep and the coup

• Like 1

He also told them his income???? His bank account?????? His brother and families incomes and bank accounts??????

He makes Thailand and himself ridicilous. And the most Thai people they still believe him. This is what he wants: KEEP THEM STUPID. ( with all the respect I have for the Thais, but please open your eyes )

• Like 2

"Gen Prayut said the Japanese and Chinese leaders told him that they planned to lift travel advisories for their citizens planning to visit Thailand"

They probably meant when there is no longer a military occupation.

I see Obama has now give up to 10 year visas to Chinese and vice versa.

I don't think Thailand is in other countries concern books.

Currently an embarrassment to ASEAN.

• Like 1

"Gen Prayut said the Japanese and Chinese leaders told him that they planned to lift travel advisories for their citizens planning to visit Thailand"

Your last sentence speaks more about you here.---go with the flow until it's no good. People did with Yingluck didn't they ???

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He also told them his income???? His bank account?????? His brother and families incomes and bank accounts??????

He makes Thailand and himself ridicilous. And the most Thai people they still believe him. This is what he wants: KEEP THEM STUPID. ( with all the respect I have for the Thais, but please open your eyes )

Yes, open your eyes to the immoral gang who would try to return to rape of the country and trying to railroad immoral acts through parliament at 3.00am in the morning mostly with the voting cards of their immoral colleagues who don't even have enough respect for Thailand and all good Thai people to actually attend parliament, including the puppet.

• Like 2

Your last sentence speaks more about you here.---go with the flow until it's no good. People did with Yingluck didn't they ???

Actually the people were not allowed to go with the flow to wherever.

There was a military intervention that curtailed her parties elected term in office, or did you miss that?

• Like 1

Pathetic -

What do you mean "banned by Australia?"

He (the good general) is NOT permitted to enter Australia. BANNED FROM ENTERING

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes, open your eyes to the immoral gang who would try to return to rape of the country and trying to railroad immoral acts through parliament at 3.00am in the morning mostly with the voting cards of their immoral colleagues who don't even have enough respect for Thailand and all good Thai people to actually attend parliament, including the puppet.

THEY ALL need lining against a wall and shooting. the whole lot of them and get some ladyboys to start again. they would at least smile nicely

• Like 1

Foreigners are also concerned about Thailand , not only leaders , this prancing around China is not making Thailand a welcome country for Nato or ANZUs allies nor their citizens , Thailand's Prayuth must remember that Thailand needs friends the Allies don't need Thailand. bah.gif

• Like 1

Order has been restored in Thailand?

Tell that to the people in the south!

Or does he mean order in that the criminals who took over Bangkok earlier this year are now facing charges?

What a sad state of affairs this country is in!

A new recruit for the fabie / robespierre gang?

If this gang you talk about is for people who think clearly, logically and are not brainwashed then I must be a new recruit.

Better than other people on here who only accept their point of view and can't accept others who make very good points that actually make sense.

Actually the people were not allowed to go with the flow to wherever.

There was a military intervention that curtailed her parties elected term in office, or did you miss that?

Didn't miss a trick, I noted that PTP flouted the law shot it'self in the foot, caused mega unrest with it's non governance. DID YOU NOT OBSERVE THIS ?? if not then you must have been away.---an intervention stopped Thailand internal war starting with the red army v the protesters---DID YOU NOT SEE THIS ??.................Had they governed according to the oath they took there would have been no problems ARE YOU NOT AWARE OF THAT ??