Pattaya Police Chief begins investigation into Tim 'Sharky' Ward

webfact

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A drug test on his hair - from very personal parts if necessary will say whether he is a drug user , if he is lock him up

If not it lends credence to the fact he was set up

ROB SMITH.....think before you post.

I have no doubt at all that he was robbed by the Thai police and set up to look like he is some sort of drug dealing King Pin.

It happens often as that is how they operate knowing that a foreigner can do very little about it.

And then there is you, condoning what the police do by way of implying that if he is a drug user then he deserves what he gets while 4 million baht of his money is stolen from him by the Thai police.

How about someone sets you up with fabricated stories and the Thai police take all your money and throws your sorry ass in jail using the drug users / drug fiend angle to set you up.

You can hate him all you want and despise his past, however what he is fighting for is admirable as all people, local and foreigners get extorted and robbed by police one way or another on daily basis and it goes unpunished and blunt.

Exactly. Anyone who exposes the RTP of their rotten core should get a cheer. He might not be clean but certainly Pattaya police is definitely not any cleaner.

I am not taking any sides but have to admit following this story is more entertaining than any soap opera.

You can hate him all you want and despise his past, however what he is fighting for is admirable as all people, local and foreigners get extorted and robbed by police one way or another on daily basis and it goes unpunished and blunt.

what is he? Seems to me he is only fighting to continue to be a pimp, extort money and continue to break the law. If the police left him alone he would not be fighting, he is not a hero...

It is not a case of whether the RTP are corrupt or not. This idiot has put himself in the frame by confronting the police in the way he did. Others have said it on here already but if he had kept a low profile then he would still be enjoying the proceeds of his activities. As it is he has put himself in the firing line through his behavior. He is nothing more than an attention seeker so I wonder what his childhood upbringing was like? I hope he gets what he deserves. This would be one more unwelcome piece of trash to be thrown out of Thailand. Live by the sword ... die by the sword Sharky.

very questionable what he is doing with the girls.

You mean extorting poor Issan people of the little income they have for "protection"? Protection from what, exactly, I have no idea. Most of the sex workers are more street smart than this moron will ever be.

Taking them to his room and posting semi-nude photos on his multiple social networking accounts? Naaaaa, he's a great guy, deserving of our gratitude for taking on the mean ol' police department! Reading here is sometime a head-shaking experience, how anyone can defend this POS is beyond me.

I agree with konying. Why on earth would someone with so much to lose make up a fictitious story about being robved by the police if it were not true. We all know the police are robbing people every single minute of every single day in this country. Good for you Tim for standing up to these criminals considering most posters here wouldn't have the balls to do the same. If more people stood up to these crooks maybe something could change but until then you can expect they will continue with their corruption and extortion.

Sow wind, harvest storm....

Nevertheless, if police planted evidence it should be made public loudly. The BIB have to learn that they aren't the untouchable bosses anymore, but servants of the people

Fatfather

Yes they do need to learn that lesson.

However, there is scant evidence showing that they are capable of learning anything new, once the uniform with medals go on, they are solid gold.

A severe reality check is long overdue.

Police corruption is culturally accepted by the Thai people, it’s established and accepted that a member of the Thai police department has the right to do whatever they want, provided money goes up the ladder. There is no credibility, no one believes the Thai police, it’s an extortion gang with government powers.

Just saying....

If your entire persona revolves around walking around in booty shorts, boots, and have a tattooed map of Middle Earth on your body...along with posting pics of your Lambo, your gold, and your ho's....then braging about being a gangster, a rebel, and a "mobster".

Just saying....if you are gonna front all of that, and make it your lifestyle--dont' go crying that the forces of darkness robbed you. Because guess what? The police are gansters too, and you just got jacked by a mob bigger than yourself.

Not very gangsta' to cry about it.

It is not a case of whether the RTP are corrupt or not. This idiot has put himself in the frame by confronting the police in the way he did. Others have said it on here already but if he had kept a low profile then he would still be enjoying the proceeds of his activities. As it is he has put himself in the firing line through his behavior. He is nothing more than an attention seeker so I wonder what his childhood upbringing was like? I hope he gets what he deserves. This would be one more unwelcome piece of trash to be thrown out of Thailand. Live by the sword ... die by the sword Sharky.

So, by your reckoning, it would just be better for everyone to just accept whatever the police want to do to them, be they a fine upstanding and law abiding citizen or an unwelcome piece of trash, hmmmmm.

I do not know this chap, and if I had an invitation to take tea with him, I would probably be busy washing my hair.

But if he can make another dent in the totally ruthless and apparently untouchable organisation called the RTP, I'll buy him a long distance beverage of his choice.

Sharky is not a danger to society as some posters have mentioned. The RTP are the real danger to society!!!

yup cause the RTP are running around stabbing people. From the way everyone talks on TV the RTP are so corrupt you can't walk past 1 without getting shaken down. Yet this had never happened to me. I have in the past wore Thai gold, gone out to nana, soi cowboy, soi buokow, walking st, and other areas of disrepute. So I would love to see solid evidence as to the assumption that all RTP are as bad as we keep hearing.

No matter what the man is like or his reputation, he deserves to have his complaint investigated. How many times have we all been "ripped off"? I had a taxi driver drive off with my laptop and the police reply, when I had given the number of the dab driver was "Give me 3,000 Baht and we will look into it. Its about time we all stood up to these criminals who pretend to be police, but we have no recourse because we are not "The chosen race", Thai.

Why make an "announcement" that investigations into this man are to begin? Police should just do their job which would usually result in arrest or deportation in a civilised society. Then when the work is done make your announcement. No need to flaunt intent. I really don't care if the police do fit this guy up if we never see him again. Just do it.

We will all soon learn whether Tim Sharky's connections in the Thai politico are higher than the Pattaya police chief

the likelihood is this announcement was his last warning to sell his condo, if he owns it, liquidate his assets, and get them out of dodge,

this doesn't end well for anyone, especially, if they come to get him at his condo, and he decides its the OK Corral

So, by your reckoning, it would just be better for everyone to just accept whatever the police want to do to them, be they a fine upstanding and law abiding citizen or an unwelcome piece of trash, hmmmmm.

I do not know this chap, and if I had an invitation to take tea with him, I would probably be busy washing my hair.

But if he can make another dent in the totally ruthless and apparently untouchable organisation called the RTP, I'll buy him a long distance beverage of his choice.

No not at all but the fact is we all know there is corruption in Thailand. It is part of their society and we all have to live with it because it will not go away overnight despite our complaints and protestations. For Sharky (and I don't know him either and really don't want to) to front-up the police in this way was a bad move whether he was in the right or wrong.

Sharky, the short fused criminal has to go.

Do an investigation into his complaint and email him the results.

Criminals who make their living illegally and admit it publicly are sometimes going to be caught up even in Thailand. He went too far and now he pays (maybe twice). I think the lesson here for Mr. Sharky is don't believe your social media postings are not going to be used against you.

If he is here on a legal visa than when he goes for his next extension of stay or 90 day report just deny his request and give him time to leave or deport him. Let him fight it with the Thai courts and try to intimate them. Send him back to Australia and let them handle him.

Wow so simple..of course why did not the Thai police think of this...Shark tanked...time will tell how the shark swims without water...even his fins are not valuable any more...darkness will overtake darkness...light will show all colors of the rainbow..but not black....I rest my case.

Police corruption is culturally accepted by the Thai people, it’s established and accepted that a member of the Thai police department has the right to do whatever they want, provided money goes up the ladder. There is no credibility, no one believes the Thai police, it’s an extortion gang with government powers.

What we name corruption here is named VAT in other countries. Different word, same sh$t ...

Its a small world...

I actually witness the event when he checked the CCTV.

I needed to access VT6 CCTV since I twice have had burglary in different rooms (where "someone" used master keys to access the room + the safe)

Sharky helped me a lot. A real nice guy.

(ViewTalay 6 have problems. According to the brooker I rent room from the master keys to the safes/rooms are in the wild. <-- usually posting this warning leads to people censoring /deleeting the post. Have no idea why... Nothing is safe in VT6. 26-1004, 16-564. Twice in just 2 months master keys have been used to steal stuff from my safe)

Unfortunately now, he has given the RTP the exact evidence they need on video, don't think many Thai officials will be siding with him after watching the police station shenanigans.

I just dont think this sort of thing would of happened to him if he would of just kept a low profile in Pattaya, no need to tell the world that he was pimping 300 Pattaya prostitutes, I think the police may have taken offence to that, as would most of the police forces in the rest of the world would of.

Sometimes its just better to stay under the radar, especially if you have a past.

how does one "pimp 300 girls" in pattaya? that is like selling chocolate at a chocolate factory

If he is here on a legal visa than when he goes for his next extension of stay or 90 day report just deny his request and give him time to leave or deport him. Let him fight it with the Thai courts and try to intimate them. Send him back to Australia and let them handle him.

Excuse me , do you think Australia wants him back ? we're in the export business laugh.png

Archived