TOT internet?

Dirk_brijs

Mr. Dirk; yes; I am having the very same problem and have been getting increasingly 'cheesed-off' at the TOT; but then again - what can we do about it ? ? ? When my Thai (much) better-half calls them, they recognize her voice and remember her name . . . . . . . Useless outfit ! ! !

No issues here on my new TOT fiber line,,,,,,,Ban Chang

Had new 15 mbs fibre optic cable fitted. Have not noticed any discernible difference in speed from previous package except my laptop wi-fi does not now pick up signal beyond 5 metres range.

What a disappointment!

I am having problems with my internet access as well. The last week or so; it has been slower than usual. Calling TOT does not seem to help much. I'll be making a visit on Monday at the main office in Bungkan.

The whole weekend my TOT connection has just crawled along most of the day. Download speeds from overseas sites are 20-60 KB/s, whereas normally I get around 150-200 KB/s. I seem to recall it was like this at weekends some months ago, but I've had no problems during the low season. Maybe it's something to do with the increase in usage due to the large number of people here in the high season?

• Like 1

I can confirm, it was a little bit crappy slowly (more than usual) today.

But much better via Singapore VPN (digitalocean).

Interestingly, my Wilmaa Live TV streams and Internet radios are working without any major issues...

Maybe DNS problems?

Edited by Turkleton

Gave up on TOT long ago, 3BB is the way to go.

I have 3BB for 5 years and was happy with it :-)

but not so good last 3 months (slow, no PPP, disconnections,...) :-(

They came 3 times to fix the problem,

but each time the problem came back after 1 or 2 weeks.

Mr. Dirk; yes; I am having the very same problem and have been getting increasingly 'cheesed-off' at the TOT; but then again - what can we do about it ? ? ? When my Thai (much) better-half calls them, they recognize her voice and remember her name . . . . . . . Useless outfit ! ! !

Same problem here, get cheesed-off all the time here in naa- jomtien. Had tot out and tjek everything. They not find any problem and told me to go swits moden, first they tell me, my modem to 2300 thb is no good and had top model to sell. But have been working good more then 1 month with my timecapsel from Appel that can give the same speed as top model tot offer, anyway. We go an swift modem today and tot give new moden, lifetime warrent, haha, I have them 7 year now and is on my 2 modem with lifetime warrent, at least I know what lifetime is, to they get new modem.

Same problem, I don't think they will admit to have a problem.

Had the problem now over 7 days and don't think it help to do more at the moment, just get a new company or let be. Maybe it will go away by it self.

TOT have some problem like you say.

I am having problems with my internet access as well. The last week or so; it has been slower than usual. Calling TOT does not seem to help much. I'll be making a visit on Monday at the main office in Bungkan.

Visiting their office is a waste of time. When I go to the main TOT office on Klang (to complain about my land line) they call the technicians from their office phone and hand it to me. Better to call the technicians yourself from home.

• 2 weeks later...

TOT are <deleted> awful.

Constantly dropped connections for a day or 2 every week or so.

Practically unusable come evening time as it's so slow

Calling is a waste of time.

An engineer told us that we could get increased speed if we upgraded our 2 year old package & that we were due an upgraded modem anyway & to just bring in our one to the Klang office.

Off we went & it was as though we were speaking Martian with the responses.

My missus did the talking & she stopped because she was about to loose her temper with them & that's not her style.

Leaves that for indoors when I usually get it in the ear tongue.png

We're away at the mo but will most certainly change provider upon return

• 2 weeks later...

My TOT Internet went down midday today and is still down here in Jomtien. Anybody else?

Sorry can't help, as I finally got so fed up with TOT that on Monday I went and canceled my subscription. (Please note I was a subscriber for more then 5 years)

This happens from time to time , TOT goes down and sometimes you have to wait 10-12 hours for it to be back .

My TOT speed has been reduced now during prime time , not possible to watch video streams between 7 and 10 pm . I only get speeds around 3-400 kb/s . If I could choose another ISP I would but I'm stuck with them.

Edited by balo