'Defrauded' Briton Found Dead In Chiang Mai Guesthouse

Lite Beer

Another sad tale..... I must admit my financial status cannot be compared to " Donald Trump " in fact quite the opposite but even if things became critical for myself i could never hit the drink ( as i don't drink ) as a last " back up plan " i would become a Monk. I enjoy all the Buddha things and the temples and my life at present can hardly be described as " Rock n' Roll but i am extremely happy living a simple life here in Thailand.( in fact i can be " Irritatingly Chirpy " .... )

Of course not all Thai ladies are the same but 95 percent of them are " caught up in this materialistic way of life " where they seem to think money is they key to happiness! It should be noted viewers that i have had in the past " luxury sports cars " ( as seen on Top Gear ) hilltop luxury pads over looking the Ocean and " a big enough wadge to choke a donkey " but it never made me any happier! When you live a simple life here in Thailand on an " all in budget of just 6000 baht a month " not only do you really appreciate the simple things in life but you start to realize that " The Best things in life are free " ( very true ) I am 50 years old and been single for most of my life and for now it will be staying that way................

Farang Jaideewai2.gif

what happened to your fast cars and hilltop mansion ? Why are you now living a simple life ? Didn't you like the high life before ? Thanks

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another sad tale..... I must admit my financial status cannot be compared to " Donald Trump " in fact quite the opposite but even if things became critical for myself i could never hit the drink ( as i don't drink ) as a last " back up plan " i would become a Monk. I enjoy all the Buddha things and the temples and my life at present can hardly be described as " Rock n' Roll but i am extremely happy living a simple life here in Thailand.( in fact i can be " Irritatingly Chirpy " .... )

Of course not all Thai ladies are the same but 95 percent of them are " caught up in this materialistic way of life " where they seem to think money is they key to happiness! It should be noted viewers that i have had in the past " luxury sports cars " ( as seen on Top Gear ) hilltop luxury pads over looking the Ocean and " a big enough wadge to choke a donkey " but it never made me any happier! When you live a simple life here in Thailand on an " all in budget of just 6000 baht a month " not only do you really appreciate the simple things in life but you start to realize that " The Best things in life are free " ( very true ) I am 50 years old and been single for most of my life and for now it will be staying that way................

Farang Jaideewai2.gif

what happened to your fast cars and hilltop mansion ? Why are you now living a simple life ? Didn't you like the high life before ? Thanks

No it was all a waste of money! I even had a " cool convertible " but got fed up with driving in the end! Problems with my property in Spain too! Its just so nice to have a small cheap room close to the sea and walk everywhere or on a bicycle,no credit cards,no direct debits just pay cash every month! And those simple things have given me a " better quality " life in the lovely sunshine. F.J

Farang Jaideewai2.gif

No it was all a waste of money! I even had a " cool convertible " but got fed up with driving in the end! Problems with my property in Spain too! Its just so nice to have a small cheap room close to the sea and walk everywhere or on a bicycle,no credit cards,no direct debits just pay cash every month! And those simple things have given me a " better quality " life in the lovely sunshine. F.J

Stuff is aggravation.

fig11-10.jpg

It's the Gaussian curve of life.

We start off with the ambition to have a lifestyle full of stuff to around forty and then we chase the ambition to have a lifestyle pretty much devoid of stuff.

I think the median to the 95% confidence interval is the hardest to achieve.

• Like 2

Farang Jaideewai2.gif

you must av the best part of a tidy few bob stashed canary lad, if your goin to see your days out in Thailand there's 800,000 baht a year you have to have in the bank for a start, and god forbid if you ever let your guard down a succumbed to a touch of horizontal Hokey Cokey with one of them smiling assassins that you go on your romantic meanderings with....Ferang hor nee.....
  • Like 1

I'll give a little insight shall I? I was duped out of 14m in my first years here. No matter how bright one is, there's always a way.

I got married... bought 2 large houses (in her name of course), a new Audi, (in her name of course),

Fool you.

and this was AFTER she had had our BABY

MORE fool you!

... yes baby. Married with baby, together 2 years

What a mug.

I thought I had a great life. I was working in China, earning well as a consultant. I was flying back and forth every 8 weeks. Into year 3, I flew back to Thailand, went home........ and... somebody I didn't know answered my door. She had sold both houses, emptied our JOINT bank account, and done a runner with my kid.

You need to google upbreeding ;)

All my hard work and savings..... yes, I too went into a depression, but I never for once thought of suicide. I decided to make a comeback and get off my ass and fight on.

I did, and eventually met a fine woman, highly educated, as I waited and chose very carefully. Married 7 years now.... nice new home and new car, wife's a lecturer at Uni.

It is easy to be duped; my ex had it planned for 3 whole goddarned years..... including baby... to entice me to depart with my savings.

However, suicide was not an option for me. It's a shame for some, who just can't face such a loss. Don't, please, take the proverbial out of this young man; it can happen to anybody, especially if well planned! sad.png

Well at least you've hopefully learned your lesson and can warn others of your folly.

Also, I've found that most uni-graduates are even bigger clowns and fools than the less-educated, more streetwise school and college grads. The latter don't fall into the 3rd world paradigm delusion as much usually.

As a bit of an extra on this, from what my wife read in the Thai news sources, apparently his gf tricked him into spending 10M THB to buy the elephant sanctuary, then got him to work there.

However, they didn't actually buy it, and they just let him work there because they allow volunteers to work at the sanctuary. He apparently dding realize this, so worked there thinking it was his own business. Although by the time he found out the truth, his gf had done a runner.

Oxford graduates seem to learn the wrong skills. blink.png

I'll give a little insight shall I? I was duped out of 14m in my first years here. No matter how bright one is, there's always a way.

I got married... bought 2 large houses (in her name of course), a new Audi, (in her name of course), and this was AFTER she had had our BABY... yes baby. Married with baby, together 2 years. I thought I had a great life. I was working in China, earning well as a consultant. I was flying back and forth every 8 weeks. Into year 3, I flew back to Thailand, went home........ and... somebody I didn't know answered my door. She had sold both houses, emptied our JOINT bank account, and done a runner with my kid.

All my hard work and savings..... yes, I too went into a depression, but I never for once thought of suicide. I decided to make a comeback and get off my ass and fight on.

I did, and eventually met a fine woman, highly educated, as I waited and chose very carefully. Married 7 years now.... nice new home and new car, wife's a lecturer at Uni.

It is easy to be duped; my ex had it planned for 3 whole goddarned years..... including baby... to entice me to depart with my savings.

However, suicide was not an option for me. It's a shame for some, who just can't face such a loss. Don't, please, take the proverbial out of this young man; it can happen to anybody, especial

ly if well planned! sad.png

Thank you for sharing.

Never saw your Baby-child again?

Your new woman, also Thai?

A policeman friend said to me almost every morning over breakfast that I shouldn't marry my Asian girlfriend for the small dependant's addition to my pension

How right he was

I calculate my £50 a week cost me close on £200,000 when she soon filed for divorce having met a much younger man

So we can all be fools sometimes especially where pretty young girls and sex are concerned

I'm just sorry that this poor fellow didn't have anything or anybody to turn to apart from alcohol

Don't suppose he was aware of much at the end which is probably not a bad way to go

Very sad

Very sad indeed.

What a waste of a young life.

Whatever drove him to excessive drinking doesn't justify the loss of his life.

RIP young man, hope you find calm and tranquillity where you have gone now.

Whatever drove an educated Oxford graduate to go for a bar girl. That's sad.

An educated Oxford grad can be the biggest nerd in his home country. I don't think that amount of money makes you rich enough in the UK to attract a pretty young bird. This might have been the first time in his life he was "hansum ma'"

I don,t. Sadly the scum i have tried to escape from have found my once peaceful home. thanks to the bar girls. Are you one of the above mentioned ?

agree with beammeup to a point. But no one is holding a gun to the girls head. Having said that i pity some of them with the foreigners they have to deal with. Drunk a good part of the time , common scum balls that no woman in any country would want to deal with. Saw one just tonight with bar girl in tow. She looked miserable and the guy with beer in hand made my skin CRAWL! And this sadly is a common sight. CREEPY !

You must live in one of "those places"

What would that be Jim Bob? A bar girl, a drunk, a miserable bloke, a scum ball?

You're such a happy chap

• Like 1

Yeah, er....any end you put your alcohol, does not matter. If it manages to get absorbed in your blood stream from you intestines (can enter that two ways, I suppose)....the blood carries it to the liver filtration system. Only thing I know, it may enter faster through the lower end and be absorbed in the blood so fast that the filters in the liver cannot handle it. Can do the same from the upper end....if you try. Alcohol is also exhaled through the lungs and sweat glands (at a very slow rate).

Too much for the central nervous system and it shuts down....that's why depressants (alcohol is one) mixed together compound the problem, exponentially. Alone, high volumes of alcohol can kill you...but mix other depressants in there and you are almost sure not to wake up. Best nothing.

Canary and his 6k a month all in can't be beaten

Richest man in the World can enjoy life with so little.

Who needs the agg?

Exactly, he's not going to get "taken", unless they steal his ice cream

If I didn't have the kids I would live like this.

Also I've got a ghastly addiction which costs a fortune. They know all about it in the photog forum. Gearhead.

• Like 1

JOC you have no clue

he does have a big clue, Thai women are not "forced" into working in a bar. Have admiration for those who work in a factory or shop. The scam bargirls have a warped sense of life and are the lowest form of it. I guess John Stapletons book,with 40 years experience of Thailand,and getting Thais to tell the truth about their true feelings, will be banned. Edited by kingalfred
  • Like 1

The very obvious situation could be summarised thus as East meets West .

""Things indeed are not as they appear ""

A man with means to a Thai woman is attractive .

Their level of means is somewhat lower.

Ten million is an enormous amount .

In many cases one million enough to pledge undying support.

But die many who believe do.

Plastic bags on a feverish night on a head for just a minute .

Scattered bottles of scotch and paid off people .

It's over.

These cases are the bread and butter of Thailand .

Before social media just rumours .

Obscure reports .

People claiming to have found Nirvana !!

Westerners themselves recruiting new victims .

Sad expats submissive and PC to the most extreme circumstances .

But eventually like a rock star who does wrong the star falls .

People hear he is fiddling about .

Such is Thailand .

It continues to yet display to the world it's grace .

One can hope it reforms as promised .

However the darker side is a mantra that westerners increasingly know to be something to be careful of.

This case happens ten thousand times a day on a smaller scale .

And into oblivion go good trusting if perhaps idiotic men who believe the smiles

• Like 1

Yet more conspiracist rubbish - how do you know they weren't blissfully happy for years, then it turned sour because he played away, was tight with his money, had a secret schoolgirl fetish, liked to howl at the moon, was a wife beater etc etc at which point she thought stuff that I'm off and I'm taking everything with me because he treated her badly ? Answer - you don't !

A man being taken to the cleaners is NOT I'm afraid to tell you, exclusive to Thailand and anyone thinking it is, is going to come badly unstuck in any country.

Despite it being repeated dozens and dozens of dreary times on here there is zero proof it is more prominent in Thailand but it does fit the anti-thai bias so prevalent on here - and unless someone can come up with that evidence, you are just boring everyone with half a brain whilst pandering to those with none !

You really are deluded. It happens in other countries too of course but not to the same level and in other countries there are Justice systems that work for law and order rather than here where the police are almost universally corrupt and the Justice system does not lend itself to justice for foreigners because there is a huge stigma on any Thai assisting a foreigner here. So you have the ingredients of a system that supports and encourages fraud against foreigners, it is not much easier for Thais to get Justice but there are several less hurdles and a general willingness to help a Thai against a Thai.

Its fraud and she should be prosecuted , Otherwise this is a very morally sick country.

Having the quicker, better wit is not considered fraud anywhere. Though elsewhere nanny states have laws that protect those with lesser wit against the ruthless. Remember the US quote: a sucker is born every day? Or remember legalized stealing such as Enron that left many of their employees stranded.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Farang Jaideewai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20>

Agree with you 100%, best way to get rid of your savings and freedom is to get involved in a Thai "lady", and start drinking will not solve any problems.

Having the quicker, better wit is not considered fraud anywhere. Though elsewhere nanny states have laws that protect those with lesser wit against the ruthless. Remember the US quote: a sucker is born every day? Or remember legalized stealing such as Enron that left many of their employees stranded.

Just loving these posters calling civilised countries with laws in place to protect the weak and the vulnerable 'nanny states'. Back off to the jungle with you and take your' laws of' with you.

• Like 2

Has the deceased been named yet or is he still just "Oxford graduate" according to our accurate, informed and trustworthy Thai police source?

If you cared to read the thread before hitting the keyboard...........................coffee1.gif