'Martial law won't muzzle opinions'

Lite Beer

Ginjag "The next election will be fair---but please tell me who will be eligible to stand ??"

Well that is the question, I suspect that the Thai voters will have the option of voting for Retired General...insert any name you like or Khun Ying.... Insert any name you like. The Sino-Thai members of the Amart will pre-select the 'candidates', a situation not dissimilar to what is causing the protests in Hong Kong at the present time.

I think Fiji did well out of the Military intervention. Now open and fair.

My own honest opinion is there HAS to be some sorting out here, the only ones are the Military. The people could well have had PTP for the full term, BUT governance was non existent.

Thailand cannot afford to go down the road as was again and keep making the err. You see how much has been revealed ?? Thais ARE more enlightened so good the PM is paving the way for the next elections.

The minority on here will shoot me down for this.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'muzzle opinions'? don't dogs wear 'muzzels'? the censorship laws are there to control the pack

the charter will be 'extremely successful' because:

• no dissent or debate will allowed
  • no advertising or promoting the opposite view
  • all control of 'message' through the Junta
  • no demos
  • no TV debates
  • a controlled vote with a loaded question

result? 'happy' people who overwhelmingly supported the New Charter - my guess is 90%+ 'muzzled'? never!

Aint it funny that you and your anti PM friends can post this way on TVF. it is so restricting to dissent ???

Remember to compare --Yingluck had no TV debates, just saying. Do your posts go through the PM before being printed here ??

BS propaganda post. I have openly criticized the Island murders, martial law, No knock on my door, YOU have to think in the manner it's done that counts.

What a refreshing attitude sick.gif, I'm allright Jack .

Ever wondered what martial law means for the Thais? You know, the ones who actually do get taken away for "attitude adjustment". Do you honestly think their lives are unaffected by the imposition of martial law.................................coffee1.gif

Well I have lived in rural Thailand for 10 years and up here it doesn't seem to have made ANY difference to the Thai people either before or after 22nd May.

• Like 1

'muzzle opinions'? don't dogs wear 'muzzels'? the censorship laws are there to control the pack

• no demos
  • no TV debates

result? 'happy' people who overwhelmingly supported the New Charter - my guess is 90%+ 'muzzled'? never!

Aint it funny that you and your anti PM friends can post this way on TVF. it is so restricting to dissent ???

Remember to compare --Yingluck had no TV debates, just saying. Do your posts go through the PM before being printed here ??

BS propaganda post. I have openly criticized the Island murders, martial law, No knock on my door, YOU have to think in the manner it's done that counts.

Ever wondered what martial law means for the Thais? You know, the ones who actually do get taken away for "attitude adjustment". Do you honestly think their lives are unaffected by the imposition of martial law.................................coffee1.gif

See #34.. you see other persons other than me notice no difference-----your example are sort of extremists---trouble makers AND you are OTT trying to make out it's normal for the PM to do this. Save it FAB along with your mates. get over the hate. move on. It has been pointed out to you by the majority at some time or other on TVF.---look forward to the Jan/Feb elections 2016.

• Like 1

Ginjag "The next election will be fair---but please tell me who will be eligible to stand ??"

Well that is the question, I suspect that the Thai voters will have the option of voting for Retired General...insert any name you like or Khun Ying.... Insert any name you like. The Sino-Thai members of the Amart will pre-select the 'candidates', a situation not dissimilar to what is causing the protests in Hong Kong at the present time.

My own honest opinion is there HAS to be some sorting out here, the only ones are the Military. The people could well have had PTP for the full term, BUT governance was non existent.

Thailand cannot afford to go down the road as was again and keep making the err. You see how much has been revealed ?? Thais ARE more enlightened so good the PM is paving the way for the next elections.

I not shoot you down but I completely disagree.

The military never did any good to Thailand, as in the previous coups they always had put their hands and arms in the jar, no positive changes, no real care for the country but for themselves.

They talk reform and do almost nothing, and what happened before we are seeing now. Same same...

I had a dream: I saw a country ruled in the interest of the People, and with institution not governing for themselves, a country where military is on duty to protect people, not to (mal)govern them, a country where a clan cannot be "owner" of it.

...but it was only a dream.

• Like 1

"What a refreshing attitude sick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vr.png, I'm allright Jack .

Ever wondered what martial law means for the Thais? You know, the ones who actually do get taken away for "attitude adjustment". Do you honestly think their lives are unaffected by the imposition of martial law.................................coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif"

OK put your money where your mouth is, produce a list of these so called "attitude adjusted" people, will be very interesting to see you go balls up trying to spew your lies & innuendo. The only ones so far that have been in the sh*t are the reds that were causing all the problems in the first place but dont let the truth get in the way of your biased rants. We all know you would much rather all your news be coming from the ptp/thaksin camp reporters with all their lies, strange how you all didnt mind it when all we had was the ptp correct news simply spreading their bullsh*t and false reports. If journo's report the news without any of their innuendo involved they are fine, the only ones it effects are those that are deliberately trying to stir up trouble and cause problems. Martial law has done absolutely nothing to cause any hassles in any of the many places I have travelled since the coup, both north and south, seems the only ones trying to cause sh*t are the ptp/thasin appologists because their glorious leader/party has been brought to heel and the majority of people in Thailand are very happy about it, you poor little diddums.tongue.png

• no demos
  • no TV debates

Well I have lived in rural Thailand for 10 years and up here it doesn't seem to have made ANY difference to the Thai people either before or after 22nd May.

Well, I'm glad for you and them. Does it detract from the viewpoint that other Thais are being affected by the coup and martial law?

The military never did any good to Thailand, as in the previous coups they always had put their hands and arms in the jar, no positive changes, no real care for the country but for themselves.

They talk reform and do almost nothing, and what happened before we are seeing now. Same same...

I had a dream: I saw a country ruled in the interest of the People, and with institution not governing for themselves, a country where military is on duty to protect people, not to (mal)govern them, a country where a clan cannot be "owner" of it.

Fair post but all doom and gloom. the military never BEFORE did a lot of good but recently not a bad record of getting shut of corrupt dead wood.

Your dream will come true in 2016 Feb ? hope the Thai people have grown up enough to vote honestly--they will definitely be more aware than last time---enlightened being the operative word.

Fair post but all doom and gloom. the military never BEFORE did a lot of good but recently not a bad record of getting shut of corrupt dead wood.

Your dream will come true in 2016 Feb ? hope the Thai people have grown up enough to vote honestly--they will definitely be more aware than last time---enlightened being the operative word.

Sorry but I really don't see anything good done against corruption... Plus no transparency on what the imposed government is doing now.

Beach cleaned? Situation back as usual.

Phuket taxi? Situation back as usual.

Gambling? Situation back as usual.

Lottery tickets? Situation back as usual.

Some nice mirror change, that as people turn their heads go back to usual business. That's all.

By the way: as usual History will judge who is in power now. But I don't have much hopes it will be so benevolent.

About going to elections on Feb 2016? I not believe too much about it... Many "cheerful" articles on newspapers lately are preparing the field of "More time is needed"...

The problem is not about people to vote honestly. Is about POLITICIANS and WHOEVER else is in power to be honest, isn't it?

Glad anyway we had an honest and constructive debate...

• Like 1

Thai people are grown up and voted in the party they wanted and they won by a landslide.

Just because it doesn't go ones way there's no need to thai bash.

They were denied the last vote when the yellow dems blocked the polling preventing them from voting and there was no military around then to stop the bullies and thugs who harrassed anyone who tried.

Anyway according to the junta lovers they just need an adjustment in their thinking.

Still it won't happen.

Post removed in respect of all prevailing rules and regulations.

Though perhaps an examination of enlightened self interest has prevailed in so many more developed countries.

And rarely more enlightened (sadly) than here--- but they work.

Edited by blaze

Sorry but I really don't see anything good done against corruption... Plus no transparency on what the imposed government is doing now.

Some nice mirror change, that as people turn their heads go back to usual business. That's all.

By the way: as usual History will judge who is in power now. But I don't have much hopes it will be so benevolent.

About going to elections on Feb 2016? I not believe too much about it... Many "cheerful" articles on newspapers lately are preparing the field of "More time is needed"...

The problem is not about people to vote honestly. Is about POLITICIANS and WHOEVER else is in power to be honest, isn't it?

OK you mentioned about Phuket taxi--gambling--beach--You have to remember these are INGRAINED and take a lot of time to clean it up.

I see massive inroads against corruption, people moved--local councils nervous, police inroads into their activities.

I have doubts here for that much change in a short time, but I have an open mind-optimistic that ANY improvements will be better even if we have to wait for much dung to be sorted.

OK you mentioned about Phuket taxi--gambling--beach--You have to remember these are INGRAINED and take a lot of time to clean it up.

I see massive inroads against corruption, people moved--local councils nervous, police inroads into their activities.

I have doubts here for that much change in a short time, but I have an open mind-optimistic that ANY improvements will be better even if we have to wait for much dung to be sorted.

But has not 'made the trains run on time-;-- a lot to learn--- '

But has not 'made the trains run on time-;-- a lot to learn--- '

YES you have. wait for the 2016 elections unless you do a wobbly first.

Though perhaps an examination of enlightened self interest has prevailed in so many more developed countries.

Happened in Fiji. this doom stuff is affecting your posts--look at your other 1 liner.

• Like 1

Happened in Fiji. this doom stuff is affecting your posts--look at your other 1 liner.

Whaddaya want =- an essay on how power works? On why democracy was selected as the best way to avoid the impending conflicts that arise in a world of limited resources and divided loyalties? One line is all ya get today GJ.

ANd as far as my reference to 'trains run on time'-- that is to point out that some forms of government can be very efficient-- hell- many exsamples best not provided... but I actually respect your posts as coming from a historically informed position-- not just heat--

But-- Ok-- you know all this.

Keep posting-- I respect them-- (not mutual I am sure)> aNnd just to add- I certainly do not hate the PM-- I think he has the very best of motives-- most people do.

Edited by blaze

"What a refreshing attitude sick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vr.png, I'm allright Jack .

Ever wondered what martial law means for the Thais? You know, the ones who actually do get taken away for "attitude adjustment". Do you honestly think their lives are unaffected by the imposition of martial law.................................coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif"

OK put your money where your mouth is, produce a list of these so called "attitude adjusted" people, will be very interesting to see you go balls up trying to spew your lies & innuendo. The only ones so far that have been in the sh*t are the reds that were causing all the problems in the first place but dont let the truth get in the way of your biased rants. We all know you would much rather all your news be coming from the ptp/thaksin camp reporters with all their lies, strange how you all didnt mind it when all we had was the ptp correct news simply spreading their bullsh*t and false reports. If journo's report the news without any of their innuendo involved they are fine, the only ones it effects are those that are deliberately trying to stir up trouble and cause problems. Martial law has done absolutely nothing to cause any hassles in any of the many places I have travelled since the coup, both north and south, seems the only ones trying to cause sh*t are the ptp/thasin appologists because their glorious leader/party has been brought to heel and the majority of people in Thailand are very happy about it, you poor little diddums.tongue.png

So you are saying that all those who have lost their jobs or businesses due to downturn in tourism caused by martial law are deserving of this, because they are all red shirt dissenters?

So you are saying that all those who have lost their jobs or businesses due to downturn in tourism caused by martial law are deserving of this, because they are all red shirt dissenters?

I was going to shut up-- but I couildn't resist-

I left Silom because of the rallies-- the racket- the fervent fanatical- 'shut down Bangkok' s*it.

Scariest T shirt I saw was Bangkok- Year Zero --

Well - they got their year zero in the side street tourist joints.I go back and the street vendors who were making thousands a day selling anti gov't slogans- are gone--- the hotels with Shut Down Bangkok on staff t-shirts-- scratching their heads.And -- I don't feel all that sorry for them.

And this was the educated class that will lead Thailand from the morass.

Whaddaya want =- an essay on how power works? On why democracy was selected as the best way to avoid the impending conflicts that arise in a world of limited resources and divided loyalties? One line is all ya get today GJ.

ANd as far as my reference to 'trains run on time'-- that is to point out that some forms of government can be very efficient-- hell- many exsamples best not provided... but I actually respect your posts as coming from a historically informed position-- not just heat--

But-- Ok-- you know all this.

Keep posting-- I respect them-- (not mutual I am sure)> aNnd just to add- I certainly do not hate the PM-- I think he has the very best of motives-- most people do.

Maybe I took your post that wasn't that clear the wrong way I was answering newcomer, then you posted something in the order of post removed etc,

I get that many from the doom and gloom brigade (today example) so apologize if I was wrong.

Transport has been seriously neglected for a long time, I know when I drive the 630 kilomet to Jomptien horrific road surface for the main A2 304-331.

If you have an open mind about the future and are trying the positives then we have much in common. OK thanks for your mail explaining your view. ginjag

Their are many people who voice their opinion in foreign countries These countries also should crack down on these trouble makers and thru them out of their countries

It would seem even a 'great leader' of a democratic country agrees with this. More supervision is needed.

"The root cause was in fact the “extremist narrative”, Cameron said.

This meant “we must ban extremist preachers from our country, we must root out extremism from our schools, universities and prisons”, as well as dealing with the internet."

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20141114/06414329138/david-cameron-says-people-arent-radicalized-poverty-foreign-policy-free-speech-online-so-isps-agree-to-censor-button.shtml

Something doesn't add up here : one the one hand we are told that 99.9 % (or some fantasy number) of people agree with the junta and at the same time the junta says Martial Law is necessary because dissenting opinions cause upheaval. So what is true? Who is lying here? The power hungry generals or the military paid polls (or both)?

Edited by dominique355
  • Like 2

Sorry, but I just saw the "Doom and gloom" referred to me... I am usually a positive guy, who knows me personally at least knows that. And least of all I am not part of any brigade, or group, or whatever. I have my own idea.

But allow me to be pessimistic on how things are going here in Thailand. Because everytime we had a coup here, there was always someone saying military will clean the situation, but just look back and look how this "wave" has started and I don't see any tiny difference.

But that's fine, it's my idea, you sure have a totally different one and I respect it. I hope the best for Thailand, but I don't really rely on any change at all.

• Like 1

"BANGKOK: -- Human Rights Lawyers Association (HRLA) today issued a statement saying a recent visit to the Thai PBS station by a group of senior military officers to request the station executives to remove a TV host from a talk show they deemed disturbing peace and order in the country is a breach of the media freedom, and rights to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority."

A fair and honesy debate? Or a group of senior military officers visiting you?

• Like 1

For me it is just amazing how all those JUNTA supporters are very quiet on the sidelines.

Thailand is going years behind of what was gained in the 80's and 90's.

And this whole reform is just rubbish because I have not seen anything got fixed yet in almost 6 months. Alright we have some beaches that got cleared up but the big fishes are still swimming in the pond.

The embassies in Thailand must be busy writing daily cables back to their ministries.

Looking forward for some wikileaks cables over the next year.

Edited by MobileContent

Sorry, but I just saw the "Doom and gloom" referred to me... I am usually a positive guy, who knows me personally at least knows that. And least of all I am not part of any brigade, or group, or whatever. I have my own idea.

But allow me to be pessimistic on how things are going here in Thailand. Because everytime we had a coup here, there was always someone saying military will clean the situation, but just look back and look how this "wave" has started and I don't see any tiny difference.

But that's fine, it's my idea, you sure have a totally different one and I respect it. I hope the best for Thailand, but I don't really rely on any change at all.

About the Quote "every time" bit babies do not always S##t the bed-to coin a phrase. There is a law of averages, so forgetting a lot of by gone history,

If you are not positive it is the same we hear every day from some people "it always happens to ME"..... I live in hope and refuse to die before I am 100. That's hope.

"Opinion is split on whether the imposition of martial law and media censorship will hinder the prospect of the people drafting the new charter."

Yes, one side thinks it will and Gen Prayuth thinks it won't

Sounds like the split is EVEN ?? chairman has the deciding vote though. JOKE but reality Yingluck as chairwoman was never there to do that. Truth

For me it is just amazing how all those JUNTA supporters are very quiet on the sidelines.

Thailand is going years behind of what was gained in the 80's and 90's.

And this whole reform is just rubbish because I have not seen anything got fixed yet in almost 6 months. Alright we have some beaches that got cleared up but the big fishes are still swimming in the pond.

The embassies in Thailand must be busy writing daily cables back to their ministries.

Looking forward for some wikileaks cables over the next year.

Not so quiet unless you haven't been reading, BUT I can tell you seriously so many now do not want to join the anti PM posts and get drawn in to the baiting, Sick to hell of it. Same everyday like yours --nit picking on beaches, you haven't seen any improvement on anything because you do not want to see .