NACC to organize Int’l Anti-Corruption Day

Lite Beer

15th anniversary? Can they give us numbers of how many people they have exposed as corrupt?

Well according to some people the proposed PTP Amnesty Bill would have given amnesty to 25,000 cases so presumably the NACC have put at least that many people behind bars - or was that just propaganda for the great unwashed.................................coffee1.gif

I thought that figure included pending cases, you know, like the 15 serious outstanding court cases awaiting your hero's return.

Why is it nearly all the people convicted of anything, sentenced and imprisoned are always the small fry? Mr. or Ms. 'Bigs' never seem to be identified and pursued regardless of their politics.

Are they showcasing it?

I expect A list celebrities with Yakusa, Mafia and triads along with a large delegation from the major Chinese cities and provinces.

Will they have a red carpet?

How about some local ' talent ' ?

There are 3 ex-senators who could try and explain why they are under investigation for suspected wrongdoing when senators yet are cleared to serve on new legislative bodies. It wouldn't take long, easily summoned up by saying " the old pals act ".

"The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) will celebrate the International Anti-Corruption Day on 18 November 2014" err... why are they celebrating on the 18th November? International Anti Corruption Day is December 9th - every year. http://www.un.org/en/events/anticorruptionday/ Do they mean International or Thai anti corruption day? It's an international observance day and not a public holiday apparently (the real one I mean) http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/un/international-anti-corruption-day What is wrong with this country? (okay, that was rhetorical)

Simple, give the NACC "real" power. They need to work outside of the Police force and when presenting sufficient evidence for prosecution it needs to be upheld no matter who or what it is.

I am sick of hearing about Thai bullish*t face,, I would have complete respect for it if was as described to me originally which was all about preservation of reputation. However, all I have seen is it used for is an excuse not to be held accountable by just keeping quiet when confronted, issues seem to then simply disappear.

Also, if someone finds something suspicious but it has been authorised or signed off by a particular senior individual people here do not feel they have the place to report it due to the hierarchal "class" system.

Its all a pile of crap that leaves to doors wide open for the people in power to pilfer and do as they please with little or no consequence, perhaps even get away with murder if the right palms are greased.

It is so engrained in the Thai culture the only way to tackle it is hard,, full on prosecutions and a continual message to all members of society that corruption is not acceptable. Start with the police force, politicians and key business figures,, once sights are set people will soon be sacrificed and people will run for the hills.

Right now China is stamping down on corruption. A Lawyer friend of mine in HK who represents a lot of Chinese clients states very clearly the people are running around like headless chickens not knowing what to do about the noose thats tightening.

It is what Thailand needs,, no less..

Remove slander and libel laws. Then you would see some change. But, T.I.T.

What? Name and shame the guilty? That would embarrass them!

Next I suppose you'll suggest transparency in government spending, competitive bidding for government contracts, and all government people with spending authority must declare their assets annually. How could anyone in government get rich under these conditions?