Tywais

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Price is absurd.

Could have been an ecosport and juke killer. And should have, it's just a jazz with big wheels.

But for some reason they decided to put a 1.8l motor inside and to price it 200.000thb more than the ecosport. Very weird

Edited by pistachios

Price is absurd.

Could have been an ecosport and juke killer. And should have, it's just a jazz with big wheels.

But for some reason they decided to put a 1.8l motor inside and to price it 200.000thb more than the ecosport. Very weird

It'll still sell units because it's a Honda, but now way is it going to compete for top spot in the growing mini-SUV market they way they've packaged and priced it.

Price is absurd.

One thing this packaging tells me is, they are planning an even smaller SUV.

Price is absurd.

Yeah, that's what the BK Post article alluded to. I wonder if the plan is to eventually end of life the CRV? The 1.8 engine has good power, but even though E85 compatible, is not going to provide very good fuel economy. What is lacking in this segment is a hybrid, diesel or super fuel efficient petrol AT model. I wonder who will be first with that. I suspect Honda could do a hybrid if they wanted to.

The Ecosport is available in other markets with both diesel and ecoboost, but only in manual tranny, so the AT market is still left wanting.

Edited by keemapoot

Makes one wonder why 1.8 lt ? that is a bigger engine than the old model.. and what about the 1.6 DTEC Diesel engine in other markets ?

Honda has many 660cc to 1.0 lt Turbo engines, both brand new models and models going back many years.. + already tested last week there new 1.6 engine for 2015 F1 Mclaren..

maybe a old engine they have many of ? [older Integra's engine?] there last new model a couple of months ago is fitted with an old engine, not even a current spec engine !!.. pay extra for a Honda and then get some older lump put in..

Even the 'new' facelifted CRV here has not got the new gearboxes as the other markets have on the face-lift.. ?

Is Thailand the dumping ground for the old stuff in new or face lifted models ?

Re all new Honda HR-V.. Posted today UK

Honda says it will also offer improved fuel economy and higher performance thanks to its new 1.3 litre i-VTEC petrol engine linked to either a six-speed manual (replacing the previous five-speed unit) or an automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT).

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/motoring/article-2764351/Honda-reveals-new-HR-V-combining-coupe-like-design-versatility-stability-4x4.html#ixzz3JTX1NHxT

Had a good look in/out and in certainly is on a different league than Juke and Ecosport. Much more spacious. It also looks much more premium inside (only saw the top version).

It is quite amazing that it actually is based on a Jazz, because size would surely suggest a bigger platform. Interior had some nice touches as well.

Ecosport struggles with too small an engine. Juke is just about "cuteness" and nothing much else (so people say...I don't find it that cute, just lacking in about everything)

Wish the HR-V would have come at just above 800K, but as this is about Civic price category it is a nice looking spacious alternative. Especially as the Civic is only available as Sedan, no hatchback.

Price is absurd.

That is also the speculation, that they will use the Brio platform. I guess that will be the first maybe eco "Micro-SUV" to hit the market if that happens.

I'm still puzzled by this product placement. B-segment Jazz platform, upgraded interior and engine from the competition, but C-segment pricing. Definitely will not be the leader in the Mini-SUV segment with pricing of a million baht.

Price is absurd.

The price seems to be scaled with regards to the CRV price,

without consideration to the ecosport and juke.

It's as if Honda want to be showing superiority by reflection in their pricing.

Maybe it's a Thai marketing strategy saying that Honda is the leader and therefore

you need to pay extra for that.wink.png

Maybe it's a Thai marketing strategy saying that Honda is the leader and therefore

you need to pay extra for that.wink.png

Most probably an element, yes, but it didn't work out too well for them with the Freed did it? :P

Beats me why anyone would want a sunroof in Thailand? Read this post in MK restaurant in Sriracha and happened to be overlooking the car park. Best part of 200 cars below and not one sunroof. Did see a 70's soft top Merc 350 SL once - a nice car to pose in, but not too comfortable in the blazing sun I'd imagine.

Looks like Honda scores again, I am tall and actually sit comfortably in the Fit so I am optimistic about the HRV, we'll see. Don't fit in a Juke and this car doesn't look like a joke (I meant Juke!). Toyota imports nothing like this but I am wondering if they will steal market share from the CRV.

I think the point is more the additional light they let into the cabin. Many manufacturers now seem to be offering mega sized glass roofs usually on their top of the range models but these are not always available in Thailand. Certainly there are plenty here in Singapore. They are usually heavily tinted and blend in with the body colour so often you cannot tell the car has a glass roof.

They have a sliding screen which I guess keeps out sunlight when parked in an open air car park. Would presume that the air con can cope when on the move. I cannot see much benefit of actually opening the glass and letting in hot humid air just as one does not usually drive with he side windows open in the tropics except perhaps in the North, in the cool season or at night.

Still I like the idea of being able to see the stars and the cabin being so light and airy

Maybe Honda are waiting to see how the New Mazda CX 3 sells + has a diesel option....

Odd going back to 2003 Honda build here a car no one would buy as it was a hatch, and Thais don't buy hatch-backs [so say].... funny did not take long before all the other makes also built hatch-backs here.

Often wondered how long it would be for a mainstream Estate was built here ? maybe the small SUV/PPV models now appearing in all makes, the small estates would be a non starter now.

3 month wait. No free insurance. .. popped into Honda at Chonburi seeing as no one in Pattaya would turn one on!

Also popped in BMW while I was there. Gotta admit X1 vs Crv ... 300k difference top Crv vs entry X1 - tempting

3 month wait. No free insurance. .. popped into Honda at Chonburi seeing as no one in Pattaya would turn one on!

Also popped in BMW while I was there. Gotta admit X1 vs Crv ... 300k difference top Crv vs entry X1 - tempting

We'll likely see an official announcement on the CX-3 around then.. just sayin' :)

Maybe Honda are waiting to see how the New Mazda CX 3 sells + has a diesel option....

I don't think Honda are waiting for the CX-3 - I think they're just trying to beat it to market smile.png

Honda HR-V in Thailand has a Diesel engine option ??

Did not know Honda Thailand had any diesel engine options, sure in most other countries they have... Mazda Thailand with the new Mazda 2 and CX 3 will both have diesel options here.

I don't think Honda are waiting for the CX-3 - I think they're just trying to beat it to market smile.png

Honda HR-V in Thailand has a Diesel engine option ??

Did not know Honda Thailand had any diesel engine options, sure in most other countries they have... Mazda Thailand with the new Mazda 2 and CX 3 will both have diesel options here.

Sorry, I think I was responding to a different part of your post.

The HR-V platform is indeed available with diesel elsewhere, but very little chance we'll ever see it in TH.

OTOH, the CX-3 will likely come only with diesel in TH at launch, until the new excise taxes come around in 2016 - only then would the Skyactiv 2.0G make business sense here. Either that, or it launches with some insane prices.

Edited by IMHO