Declaration to immigration for one night away ?

You don't have to believe me but why don't you just ask the immigration.

Like i asked the captain of Phuket Immigration.

I don't need to ask anybody. This site has been running (i guess) 15 years and has tens of thousand of reports - all consistent. You got the answer already, you're welcome to disagree but stop trying to spread misinformation.

My excuse.

Off course you don't have to ask as you have tens of thousands of reports.

I will stick with the confirmation i have from the immigration itself and what i experience on a daily basis.

The only confirmation and experience you have is for Phuket immigration. They have their own special way of doing things. Some even that are outside the written rules.

We go by reports from all over the country.

I think is time to end the bickering.

You are correct, all information i have is from Phuket Immigration or Bangkok HQ and normally i will explain this.

Thanks for the wise words.wai2.gif

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct, all information i have is from Phuket Immigration or Bangkok HQ and normally i will explain this.

Just to be clear, and again for the casual readers, there is no public announcement from any Thai Immigration office supporting your statement. If there is, link it here.

Just to be clear, and again for the casual readers, there is no public announcement from any Thai Immigration office supporting your statement. If there is, link it here.

As described in the Immigration act and referred to in reply 29.

This apply s to all foreigners in Thailand except for PR holders.

To respect Ubonjoe's request this will be my last reply on this matter.

As described in the Immigration act and referred to in reply 29.

This apply s to all foreigners in Thailand except for PR holders.

To respect Ubonjoe's request this will be my last reply on this matter.

Sect 38 art. (3) and and (4):

3. Shall notify the police official of the local police station where such alien resides, within twenty
– four hours from the time of arrival. In the case of change in residence in which new residence is not
located the same area with the former police stations , such alien must notify the police official of the
police station for that area within twenty – four hours from the time of arrival.
4. If the alien travels to any province and will stay there longer than twenty – four hours , such
alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within forty – eight hours from the time
of arrival

And:

The provision of ( 3 ) and ( 4 ) shall not apply to any cases under Section 34 by any conditions as
prescribed by the Director General.
It seems like the Director General knows better than you and has prescribed otherwise. In written or in consolidated practice.
  • Like 1

You don't have to believe me but why don't you just ask the immigration.

Like i asked the captain of Phuket Immigration.

I don't need to ask anybody. This site has been running (i guess) 15 years and has tens of thousand of reports - all consistent. You got the answer already, you're welcome to disagree but stop trying to spread misinformation.

I posted in another thread that your replies were in general obnoxious and arrogant. That was deleted of course. You seem to annoy a lot of posters here but for some reason get away with it. I have no doubt this one will go the same way.

• Like 1

What kind of a knob worries about these kinds of things. The Thais don't give a shit about Falang going about there business and staying somewhere for a few days. Why would you? Seems to me there are more pressing issues to deal with than some obscure rule that is not ever enforced. Really, some people are so obsessive about things that don't really matter. It would behoove the op to prioritize things in life a little more realistically. I can't even believe I read this post.

• Like 1

Btw, I know an English guy that pays a Thai electrician to change his light bulbs, because his Thai wife believes he can be arrested for working without a work permit. I also know some knobs that are afraid to mow their grass or paint their house for the same reason. Really, some people obsess over some really stupid shit. I don't know how they have made it to the age that they are. How can people go thru life acting like such scared twits.

Here's what's even funnier and it's right out of the law:

4. If the alien travels to any province and will stay there longer than twenty – four hours , such
alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within forty – eight hours from the time
of arrival
Where does it say "Immigration"? Last time I checked Police Station and Immigration are not the same. Plus the Police are not going to be bothered with trivial matters.
People making a mountain out of a mole hill!
Close the thread please.

inzman, on 22 Nov 2014 - 21:40, said:

What kind of a knob worries about these kinds of things. The Thais don't give a shit about Falang going about there business and staying somewhere for a few days. Why would you? Seems to me there are more pressing issues to deal with than some obscure rule that is not ever enforced. Really, some people are so obsessive about things that don't really matter. It would behoove the op to prioritize things in life a little more realistically. I can't even believe I read this post.

inzman, on 22 Nov 2014 - 21:45, said:

Btw, I know an English guy that pays a Thai electrician to change his light bulbs, because his Thai wife believes he can be arrested for working without a work permit. I also know some knobs that are afraid to mow their grass or paint their house for the same reason. Really, some people obsess over some really stupid shit. I don't know how they have made it to the age that they are. How can people go thru life acting like such scared twits.

Jeez, you know a lot of knobs smile.png

I posted in another thread that your replies were in general obnoxious and arrogant. That was deleted of course. You seem to annoy a lot of posters here but for some reason get away with it. I have no doubt this one will go the same way.

Why you cry to be the victim of a censorship that doesn't exist ?

Stating facts and correct information is more important than trying to please everybody else.

Edited by paz

And:

The provision of ( 3 ) and ( 4 ) shall not apply to any cases under Section 34 by any conditions as

prescribed by the Director General.

It seems like the Director General knows better than you and has prescribed otherwise. In written or in consolidated practice.

I am still trying to find confirmation whether the Director General of the Royal Thai Police has prescribed any conditions and if he has, what these conditions are. Has anybody got a copy or a link to it?

Prescribed conditions as laid down in the Thai Immigration Act 2004.

I tried to explain in post #41.

Section 35 : The Director General or the competent official deputized by the

Director General shall have the authority to permit the alien , who entered to stay

temporarily in the Kingdom under Section 34 , to remain in the Kingdom under

any prescribed conditions.

The prescribed conditions for aliens would therefore be those laid down in Police Orders by the Director General or his deputised officials, under the Immigration Act. i.e. 777/2551 etc.

I could be totally wrong, but that's how I read it.

OP (and everyone else), I'm not sure if it is relevant, but here is my experience.

Having been here for several years now, through my job I spend on average about a third of the year outside my province on short trips living in hotels throughout Thailand, but mostly in the Rayong area. That is a lot of checking in and checking out.

In every hotel I stay, they ask for my passport, copy it and do what they have to do with the photocopy, presumably submit to the police every 24 hours as they have to by law. Normal standard. Anyway, in all that time, literally hundreds of hotel stays, I have never filed a TM28 or TM30 for a business trip or otherwise. And before anyone says this is different, the hotel doesn't know if I am working or not as there have been no details of the work permit given. I am simply a guest of the hotel for that duration.

But, as with Ubonjoe, neither my wife or myself have ever submitted a TM30 or TM28 to immigration as to where I am living.

chrisinth, on 23 Nov 2014 - 10:37, said:chrisinth, on 23 Nov 2014 - 10:37, said:chrisinth, on 23 Nov 2014 - 10:37, said:chrisinth, on 23 Nov 2014 - 10:37, said:

OP (and everyone else), I'm not sure if it is relevant, but here is my experience.

Having been here for several years now, through my job I spend on average about a third of the year outside my province on short trips living in hotels throughout Thailand, but mostly in the Rayong area. That is a lot of checking in and checking out.

In every hotel I stay, they ask for my passport, copy it and do what they have to do with the photocopy, presumably submit to the police every 24 hours as they have to by law. Normal standard. Anyway, in all that time, literally hundreds of hotel stays, I have never filed a TM28 or TM30 for a business trip or otherwise. And before anyone says this is different, the hotel doesn't know if I am working or not as there have been no details of the work permit given. I am simply a guest of the hotel for that duration.

But, as with Ubonjoe, neither my wife or myself have ever submitted a TM30 or TM28 to immigration as to where I am living.

That's right Chris.

I arrived on a Non Imm O, then subsequently changed to an extension of stay based on retirement at which point I had to give proof of address to Immigration.

On my initial Arrivals card I stated 'Roi Et' as my intended address in Thailand, not having the full address of my rented apartment.

After a few months I subsequently moved to a rented house, so then completed a TM28 and the landlord a TM30 to avoid any problems with future visits to Immigration. There are occasions when this procedure should be followed, but not when touring for pleasure or business.

Immigration will return the tear of slip at the bottom of the TM28 and staple it into your passport as proof you have notified a change in your residence.

No problems with future 90 day notifications or annual extensions thereafter.

Not following the procedure when one moves permanent address can cause complications as one or two I know discovered.

Some arrived in Thailand only to spend some time in Pattaya. They did there extensions of stay in Bangkok. Later moving to different location, then tried to do another extension in a different province. They were refused and told they would have to go back to Bangkok because that is where their address was registered.

Sometimes people make a rod for their own back.

It's very easy to stay and live in Thailand as long as you follow a few simple laws.

Edited by Faz

Prescribed conditions as laid down in the Thai Immigration Act 2004.

I tried to explain in post #41.

Section 35 : The Director General or the competent official deputized by the

Director General shall have the authority to permit the alien , who entered to stay

temporarily in the Kingdom under Section 34 , to remain in the Kingdom under

any prescribed conditions.

The prescribed conditions for aliens would therefore be those laid down in Police Orders by the Director General or his deputised officials, under the Immigration Act. i.e. 777/2551 etc.

I could be totally wrong, but that's how I read it.

Yes, Police Order 777/2551 was issued under Section 35 of the Immigration Act, as was Police Order 327/2557, which replaced Police Order 777/2551.

Police Order 327-2557 (2014) - extension criteria & conditions en - immigration.pdf

As the preamble of this Police Order says, it is about the criteria and conditions for extensions of temporary stay (the discussion of which would be off topic in this thread):

the Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police Bureau issues the following order prescribing the criteria and conditions for consideration of an alien's application for a temporary stay in the Kingdom of Thailand under Paragraph 3, Section 35 of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (A.D. 1979)

We still do not know whether any conditions have been prescribed under the penultimate paragraph of Section 37 and if this has been done, what these conditions are regarding the exemption of foreigners on a temporary permission to stay from the notification requirements under Section 37(3) and (4)