Difficulties To Get Work Permit

What are the current difficulties to get the Work Permit + 1 year multiple entry visa?

If i invest 100k USD in the creation of my company here in BKK and can't get approved the work permit and 1 year visa, i'll get somehow in a deep shit.

I have read and heard here and there that getting the sesame (WP + 1y visa) wasn't that easy.

What are the mandatory conditions and on the other side, the criteria that would bring a reject?

Thanks for your knowledge.

What are the current difficulties to get the Work Permit + 1 year multiple entry visa?

If i invest 100k USD in the creation of my company here in BKK and can't get approved the work permit and 1 year visa, i'll get somehow in a deep shit.

I have read and heard here and there that getting the sesame (WP + 1y visa) wasn't that easy.

What are the mandatory conditions and on the other side, the criteria that would bring a reject?

If you invest 100 k USD you shouldn't hesitate to involve a legal advisor.....you could check with our Forums Sponsor Sunbelt Legal Advisor

Hope that helps & good luck,

rcm :o

yes, my plan is definitely to go through legal advisor.

Any of the legal company in the market would say 'yes, no problem, we'll proceed for everything for you' but i'd like to avoid the 'sorry it's not so easy to get it now' while processing the application.

yes, my plan is definitely to go through legal advisor.

Any of the legal company in the market would say 'yes, no problem, we'll proceed for everything for you' but i'd like to avoid the 'sorry it's not so easy to get it now' while processing the application.

I know what you mean...thats why i gave you a link of a Company i never heard bad things about , they will give you up to date advice . I received up to date info from them by simply sending them an email and explain my situation....if you happen to be in BKK i guess you could give them a visit too. Doesn't hurt to ask them.

I don't think they will come with the "yes, no problem " answer if it doesn't apply.

rcm :o

You don't need to employ 4 Thais to get neither a workpermit nor a multiple entry visa. The issue of employing Thais is only relevant if you go for one-year in-country extensions of your visa ...

Since you are investing more than 2 million Baht - the path towards your goal is a piece of cake ... No problem unless you fall in the claws of some legal advicor, who doesn't have a clue on what he is dealing with (or is set for scamming you).

You don't need to employ 4 Thais to get neither a workpermit nor a multiple entry visa. The issue of employing Thais is only relevant if you go for one-year in-country extensions of your visa ...

Since you are investing more than 2 million Baht - the path towards your goal is a piece of cake ... No problem unless you fall in the claws of some legal advicor, who doesn't have a clue on what he is dealing with (or is set for scamming you).

Right rishi.

I was talking about the one year extension of stay, with a multiple entry permit, but as usual managed to get ther terminology ballsed up.

A multiple entry visa can be got from Embassies outside Asia, or Sri Lanka i believe still issues them with the right paperwork.

Getting the company set up, getting a WP and a 1 year Visa should not be difficult.

The questions start to arise at a later stage - is the structure stable enough, long lasting, will it raise questions during your first yearly Audit.

One advice - keep it as simple as possible and within the simple law, stay away from complex legal tricks that try to bend it.

Can confirm getting the workpermit is pretty easy.

Just got one from the Chonburi Labour department (notorious for keeping their own set of laws) with basically only a 3 million Baht registered company and some pictures of the place of work...

Had some office girl at the labour department advice us on how they like the pictures in Bangkok, what amount of salary to fill in on the application etc. Went all vey smooth, without any lawyer, just one of our Thai staff to go along and translate...

Once you are up and running you'll need to make sure everything accountingwise is above board to ensure you wil get your permit extended!

When in Bankok, let people like Sunbelt take care, they have the experience advantage on keeping everything go smooth...

Thanks for all your advice.

After the first application achieved, seemed that the first yearly audit is important and may impact the extension of the WP.

What are the reasons, from this audit, that may cause a reject of the extension?

First year of activity is often less profitable (and sometimes not profitable)because you are getting to settle your activity, have to get known, and so on.

Thanks Guys for the kind words.

WP conditions

• 2 million Baht registered company per Wp

• Non immigrant visa

• Must be in the Vat system unless you are selling books or newspapers. ( This means a registered address and letter of consent to operate a business there)

• Copy of License if required. ( Restaurant such as application of food license)

• No Thai employees required

• No minimum salary required. However in reality, the officer at their discretion will want to see 30K per month if you are an Executive.

Extension of stay based on Business Conditions

• Four Thai employees are being employed at least at a minimum salary of 5,520 per month per WP (unless the objective is agent or consultant than its 1 Thai employee per WP.

• Minimum salary for your Nationality such as American being 60,000 Baht per month.

• Valid work permit

• Non immigrant visa

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thanks for all your advice.

After the first application achieved, seemed that the first yearly audit is important and may impact the extension of the WP.

What are the reasons, from this audit, that may cause a reject of the extension?

First year of activity is often less profitable (and sometimes not profitable)because you are getting to settle your activity, have to get known, and so on.

We have never had a wp application rejected even after the first year audit. Have heard of cases of work permits rejected in the second or third year when the company does not have enough funds to support the salary of the foreigner. The officer looks at the balance sheet and if the business has no real income, some call this a ” hobby business"

Worse case scenario is to start another Limited company acquiring those assets of the old company and getting a new wp. Another view some officers look is if the foreigner is milking Thailand without giving them any cream. Meaning making money and not paying tax. The key is to pay tax and you are fine.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

One of the reasons I wrote the Chonburi Labour department often runs to their own set of rules is that in my application they insisted on a minimum salary of 50000 Baht/month (no law states this amount apart from when you need an extension based on work).

I do not have to use the workpermit for an extension of stay, since I have this extension already based on investment.

One of the drawbacks of this 50,000 Baht salary listed is that I will have to pay tax on that amount, or they might find reason not to extend my permit next year. (tax comes to 40,200 Baht/year)