Experience with Thai Elite Easy Access

• 4 months later...

I am buying a condo at Southpoint Pattaya, getting TE membership thrown-in, with 4 X 5 year visas. Paid the deposit yesterday. Just have to cancel my retirement visa and sell my BKK condo, then home & dry, hopefully (TIT)!

Welcome to Thailand Elite :)

From now on you will enjoy an much easier way of staying long term in Thailand.

• Like 1

somebody will explain why this type of visa does not advertised anywhere else ??

none of the thai embassy have this or information about it.
even when I asked the Thai law firm, I was offered a package of documents for business visa and when I asked them specifically about this one, they just ignored my question.
and this southpoint pattaya project 20 year visa option came out of nowhere...
<deleted> is going on?

somebody will explain why this type of visa does not advertised anywhere else ??

none of the thai embassy have this or information about it.
even when I asked the Thai law firm, I was offered a package of documents for business visa and when I asked them specifically about this one, they just ignored my question.
and this southpoint pattaya project 20 year visa option came out of nowhere...
<deleted> is going on?

http://www.thailandelite.com/glimpse.php

http://www.southpointpattaya.com/20-year-visa/

Google really is your friend !

i was in contact with Thailand Elite sales team, and also with southpoint pattaya representatives.

but the question was about information from official places, like embassy or any law company. not even any travel agency...

thai embassy in any country - isnt it a first place where you must see this information, especially if they only care about money and need to get more from tourism/visitors???

i was in contact with Thailand Elite sales team, and also with southpoint pattaya representatives.

but the question was about information from official places, like embassy or any law company. not even any travel agency...

thai embassy in any country - isnt it a first place where you must see this information, especially if they only care about money and need to get more from tourism/visitors???

Perhaps "They" (whoever they is) do not just "only care about money and need to get more from tourism/visitors"

Law companies and travel agencies are not usually sources of "official" information.

Have you complained to the Thai MFA about what you perceive to be a "lack of information" ??

• Like 1

not worth for me I m 2.5 years away from the retired visa so spending 500k in a piece of paper is a waste of money.

traveling doesn't bug me so much. I m fit and look good and I expect to remain healthy for years to come.

a trip to Lao doesn't cost a lot. I could ever build a house on my girl friend land with all the money I saved from the elite card.

Edited by smartpant
  • Like 1

not worth for me I m 2.5 years away from the retired visa so spending 500k in a piece of paper is a waste of money.

traveling doesn't bug me so much. I m fit and look good and I expect to remain healthy for years to come.

a trip to Lao doesn't cost a lot. I could ever build a house on my girl friend land with all the money I saved from the elite card.

You are making a rational choice with one caveat. You assume that Vientiane/Savannakhet will continue to issue you tourist visas for long term residence in Thailand. There is mounting evidence that this is a flawed assumption.

Those buying the elite visa are also making a rational choice, based on the assumption that hassle free residence in Thailand is worth about 7,000 baht a month (about 4,500 baht per month more than the cheapest serial visa runs assuming you are still able to do those).

In the end, everyone needs to make their own decision, balancing cost, convenience and risk.

• Like 2

oh i found a little banner http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/img/buttons/elitebanner.gif

on immigration website. anyway it was just curiosity.

after reading many messages on this forum about others TE experience, i guess i will go for one 5 yrs,

the TE girl told me I get a visa on arrival in the country. they will stick it at passport control, no worries.

and it will cost me around my three months salary. why not?

cause i just want to know that i dont have to border-run anywhere in the middle of something important or cheat like a teenager with fake school ED visas waiting to be deported...

When we/they are in a job, or in business, isn't one of our prime motivations money?

Saw an old chestnut on Facebook recently from a job interview:

"So why do you want to work for us?".

"Money".

I have a friend who has been with TE for about 7 years, I don't hear any complaints.

Perhaps "They" (whoever they is) do not just "only care about money and need to get more from tourism/visitors"

Law companies and travel agencies are not usually sources of "official" information.

Have you complained to the Thai MFA about what you perceive to be a "lack of information" ??

I too have spent many years working overseas and spending my 3 or 4 week breaks in Thailand (A ticket to BKK is the same price or cheaper than a ticket to London, from the Middle East).

Last year I saw that the head of the immigration Police had stated that he was well aware that there are many expats here like that/me.

However, what he failed to say was that we need to have a stamp in our passports that says this. After all, without that, we just get treated like any other tourist (I own property here, my home/main residence).

I need to work (overseas) for the next 5 - 10 years, I will have no further worries now I have the TE visa.

In other words 20K baht per year for an under-the-table visa which works until it doesn't.

the odd thing is, I spent 7 years in Thailand on Exempt stamps... Leaving regularly for work.

There is no regulation against that, like tourist visas, yet that stopped working. Years before I had been told by immigration to do a border run because I lived close to the border as a solution to extend my stay... Then suddenly I am an abuser of the system! Wtef?

Read the threads on ed visa clamp downs, to see how they are closing the loop holes.

Tourist visas will be next, they are designed for short term stay, which is why they are only valid for 60 days before being required to leave to country. The abusers will be targeted.

I'm not worried now, I have a long term visa.

100% of Thailand Elite members are satisfied.

Members come from all horizons and all ages.

Many could continue to apply for other types of visas but prefer the convenience of Thailand Elite, and its PE visa, 1 year stamps, great service...

We can read on this forum that - after having read all the related discussions - many people decide to join Thailand Elite.

The new members end up very satisfied with their choice too.

Thailand Elite is the easiest way to spend long or regular period of time in Thailand, with no headache, questions or hassle. But it comes at a cost.

Only those who can't buy the membership - or those who are too stingy - keep criticizing this super convenient program.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

Question and I am not bashing anyone as I am seriously interested in the TE program.

I am married, come here on 30 day visa exempt stamp, go to CW change it to a 12 months stamp by showing 400k+ in the bank.

Now all I have to do is 90 day reports which are done by our driver.

What is the real benefit for me to get with the TE program? The events and spas are something I don't really care about. Neither do I look for new friends.

I am just wondering what is the real benefit of the TE program compared to a marriage extension?

You will still have to leave the country once a year on TE just like on a marriage extension, correct?

Question and I am not bashing anyone as I am seriously interested in the TE program.

I am married, come here on 30 day visa exempt stamp, go to CW change it to a 12 months stamp by showing 400k+ in the bank.

What is the real benefit for me to get with the TE program? The events and spas are something I don't really care about. Neither do I look for new friends.

I am just wondering what is the real benefit of the TE program compared to a marriage extension?

You will still have to leave the country once a year on TE just like on a marriage extension, correct?

Not correct. You do not have to leave the country every year. In general you will have to do the 90 day reporting unless you always leave before 90 days elapses. Member only need to do a stay extension at immigration centre once a year if stay exceed 1 year ( Immigration Fee of 1,900 Baht apply).

I think it is just a matter of choice. Some people just don't want to deal with doing annual extensions.

You don't have to leave the country ever unless you want to if you have an extension of stay. Same for the Thai elite since you can apply for a one year extension instead of leaving.

Comparing a Thailand Elite PE visa (and all the services attacked to it) with any other type of visa is like comparing a guest house with a luxury hotel, a Toyota with a Bentley, a basic credit card with a platinum card, a noodle shop with a fine cuisine restaurant...

There are cheap options for everything.

The choice is there.

• Like 1

I think it is just a matter of choice. Some people just don't want to deal with doing annual extensions.

You don't have to leave the country ever unless you want to if you have an extension of stay. Same for the Thai elite since you can apply for a one year extension instead of leaving.

I have a 12 months extension so I never need to leave the country besides when the total of 13 months are up.

TE visa holders still have to do 90 day reports as well to my knowledge but they are handled by the TE staff.

Mine are done by a 3rd party as well, so where is the real benefit for me to make the switch?

Comparing a Thailand Elite PE visa (and all the services attacked to it) with any other type of visa is like comparing a guest house with a luxury hotel, a Toyota with a Bentley, a basic credit card with a platinum card, a noodle shop with a fine cuisine restaurant...

The choice is there.

Please explain me to me how and I don't mean to be one of the pattaya 10 baht atm saving fee brigade here, but please tell me what the benefit is for me.

Also please read my previous reply so you get a better picture of my situation. I am seriously considering the TE program I just don't know how it really benefits me.

Edited by PomRakBKK
  • Like 1

Actually, you do not need to leave the country on either TE or a marriage extension. With a TE visa, you have the option of leaving without needing a reentry stamp, but that is no big deal.

The main advantage of a TE visa is its simplicity. For a marriage extension, it is not just a matter of money in the bank. You must provide a lot of paperwork, and subject yourself to an investigation on whether your marriage is genuine. This is repeated annually. At some immigration offices, they are friendly and ease you through the process; at others, this can be seriously aggravating.

The choice is there.

Please explain me to me how and I don't mean to be one of the pattaya 10 baht atm saving fee brigade here, but please tell me what the benefit is for me.

Also please read my previous reply so you get a better picture of my situation. I am seriously considering the TE program I just don't know how it really benefits me.

I think your question is answered by BritTim above.

If you are not in the "10 baht atm saving fee brigade" and have a driver... forget the marriage extension. Go for the Thailand Elite membership, with no hesitation.

The choice is there.

I think your question is answered by BritTim above.

If you are not in the "10 baht atm saving fee brigade" and have a driver... forget the marriage extension. Go for the Thailand Elite membership, with no hesitation.

I appreciate your guys input - I really do. I am just trying to make any economical sense of it, but the jew inside of me makes it hard to justify 500,000 baht. That's about 3 months rent.

From the previous posts I gathered that the TE staff will great me at the airport and put the visa in my passport before passport control. If I leave the country on a holiday without the re-entry permit, my current extension will automatically be cancelled and the TE staff will meet me upon arrival in Bangkok and I am on the TE program?

Not exactly a no-brainer decision from a financial standpoint but considering the paperwork for the marriage extension and so on, it kinda saves a decent amount of time. The 2m baht option actually makes a lot more sense since I still have plenty of years to go before I would qualify for a retirement extension. I guess I will get with the program.

I appreciate your guys input - I really do. I am just trying to make any economical sense of it, but the jew inside of me makes it hard to justify 500,000 baht. That's about 3 months rent.

From the previous posts I gathered that the TE staff will great me at the airport and put the visa in my passport before passport control. If I leave the country on a holiday without the re-entry permit, my current extension will automatically be cancelled and the TE staff will meet me upon arrival in Bangkok and I am on the TE program?

Not exactly a no-brainer decision from a financial standpoint but considering the paperwork for the marriage extension and so on, it kinda saves a decent amount of time. The 2m baht option actually makes a lot more sense since I still have plenty of years to go before I would qualify for a retirement extension. I guess I will get with the program.

Once you have the TE visa, you do not need reentry stamps. The only reason to contact the TE people for subsequent entries is for the fast track through immigration and the limo ride.

From their website, there is one line stating you can sell your membership. That might be worth getting more details. And the line about not being prohibited from generating income while in Thailand is something I had not noticed before.

Advantages of Thailand Elite Card

• Being a retiree, occupying your time with activities are critical, free access to Golf & Spa is a good options to enhance your lifestyle while retiring.
  • Should one day you are leaving Thailand for good, you may choose to sell your membership.
  • Elite Visa is multiple entry visa i.e. no need to pay for re-entry when you leave Thailand.
  • For Thailand Retirement Visa, you will not be allowed to engage in business or generating an income in the Kingdom. This is not the case for Thailand Elite member, your contribution to the economy of Thailand is the main reason why Thai government is supporting this project.
  • No requirement for yearly re-application required.

Once you have the TE visa, you do not need reentry stamps. The only reason to contact the TE people for subsequent entries is for the fast track through immigration and the limo ride.

The fast track and limo usually comes from the airline anyway. Not a benefit to me besides the re-entry stamp.

Please note the following.

A couple of posters that are promoting the benefits of Elite here may have vested interests and sound to me like sales agents.

Secondly, in regards to getting a WP, a conversion from Elite to non B will have to take place.

Thirdly, as per their website:

In the event that the Member wants to transfer Membership to the third person, what are the procedures to do so?

Only Grand Individual member are allow to transfer once and subject to the rate of twenty percent (20%) excluding VAT of current market price at the time of the transfer and the approval as stated on Terms and Conditions of Thailand Elite Membership. After transfer, the term of the Membership is subject to the remaining period. Easy Access Member are not allow to transfer their membership.

So you don't "sell" it, you transfer it to whoever may be interested, and you cannot transfer the 500K one, only the 2M one.

• Like 1

as others have stated getting extensions due to marriage and even retirement reasons have been getting in some places a bit more challenging. Extra documentation about living arrangements, finances, visits from immigration, told to report etc. If one comes and goes a lot, the multi entry features of the elite visa seems like a nice feature. Not for everyone of course, but I myself would go for it for the simplicity. Won't be an issue for me for another two years anyway and the way Thailand changes things, who knows if the pros and cons will go more one way or the other

The fast track and limo usually comes from the airline anyway. Not a benefit to me besides the re-entry stamp.

If I can allow myself...

The Thailand Elite welcome and assistance at the airport is absolutely priceless. Even if you fly first class.

Once you experience the Thailand Elite way of welcoming you back in the country, you will not want to use the fast track service of your airline anymore.

Not only you exit the airport faster than any other passenger (including fellow first class passengers), but you also feel "welcome back home".

This priceless service is what also makes the difference.

Same thing when departing...

Edited by gerry1011