Experience with Thai Elite Easy Access

I cherish my money I keep on my bank account. I like to master the situation and keep things under control. I don't fear government, as long I keep my money, they are my slaves.

in the pocket I cherish my tourist visa and I can not wait for my next trip to the Thai embassy who will give me a nice smile while stamping my document for another 6 months. they love me because they want me to spend my money in Thailand.

8 years in Thailand, cost me pretty much nothing in visa.

and if they decide that I need some holidays between two visas, I can still go for 2 weeks to visit another Asian country. just to sound like a real tourist. [emoji1]

But think of all the money you've spent on airport transfers and massages...if you'd spent 1M or 500k baht they would have all been free!

I cherish my money I keep on my bank account. I like to master the situation and keep things under control. I don't fear government, as long I keep my money, they are my slaves.

in the pocket I cherish my tourist visa and I can not wait for my next trip to the Thai embassy who will give me a nice smile while stamping my document for another 6 months. they love me because they want me to spend my money in Thailand.

and if they decide that I need some holidays between two visas, I can still go for 2 weeks to visit another Asian country. just to sound like a real tourist. [emoji1]

You go to a Thai embassy for your almost free visa renewal, not Thai immigration?

Please post directions to this location as it would be nice to see happy faces wielding renewal stamps while the expression of love for you is in abundance, it's sounds quite lovely.

• Like 1

How do you get stamped for 6 months and how does living on basic tourist visas cost you nothing? Unless I am wrong, you can get a double entry tourist visa during a border run and both enteries are good for 60 days only. If you want to extend each entry to 3 months each then you've got to visit immigration for each entry. So for a year, you've got four trips out of the country and 4 visits to Thai immigration.

Not only is that a headache, the amount of time and work that is involved is crazy. An Elite Visa costs roughly $3000 US per year. If you compare that amount to the cost of flying out of the country, (taxis, planes) buying two mulitple entry entry visas, lodging... Okay, you might have saved a couple grand for the year on the surface if you travel and live like a squatter, but the amount of time is the real killer. In the amount of time wasted to make 4 exits/entries into the country, waiting in line at Embassies/Consulates, and going to Immigration again I could easily make double or triple the amount of money I'm trying to save by squatting on tourist Visas.

I'm sorry, but that is hours and hours of work with little return and too many "timeouts" from living life. There's also the chance that at any time you will be refused yet another visa or extension from Immigration or the Thai consulate. If your time is only worth $10 per hour or less you might break even, but I don't think this program was designed for those individuals. My time is worth a whole lot more than that...

If one obtained a double-entry tourist visa and extended them two times, one could stay for 6 months. The cost would be about $150 for the visa and $100 for the extensions. A border run would also be necessary (about 50 bucks or so). Only two trips to immigration (for the extensions) would be required. The total cost is around $300.

If you want to stay multiple years at a time and are under 50 or don't want/need to work, the junior elite visa can be the way to go.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

I cherish my money I kept on my bank account

in the pocket I cherish my tourist visa and I can not wait for my next trip to embassy who will give me a nice smile while stamping for another 6 months.

8 years in Thailand, cost me pretty much nothing.

You're a funny guy :)

I think I will invite you on my yacht to entertain my friends (Thailand Elite members or not).

Don't worry, it will be free. Including imported beers and wines. But no visa service :)

Will your yacht be decorated with colored balloons to make it not only comfortable but easy to find? ;)

in the pocket I cherish my tourist visa and I can not wait for my next trip to embassy who will give me a nice smile while stamping for another 6 months.

I think I will invite you on my yacht to entertain my friends (Thailand Elite members or not).

Don't worry, it will be free. Including imported beers and wines. But no visa service :)

Will your yacht be decorated with colored balloons to make it not only comfortable but easy to find? ;)
I will hire a VIP tuk tuk to provide (more than adequate for the guest we talk about) transport to the pontoon :)

We will all welcome him on board, give him a Leo beer, while we enjoy imported Hoegaarden.

If needed, I can even serve the Leo beer in a Thailand Elite glass ;)

I wonder if he can believe that Thailand Elite members also have friends...

He seems to believe that interesting human relations can only be found in the back of a cheap van, or in a small guest house while on a visa run... Strange guy but still fun :)

Edited by gerry1011

How do you get stamped for 6 months and how does living on basic tourist visas cost you nothing? Unless I am wrong, you can get a double entry tourist visa during a border run and both enteries are good for 60 days only. If you want to extend each entry to 3 months each then you've got to visit immigration for each entry. So for a year, you've got four trips out of the country and 4 visits to Thai immigration.

Not only is that a headache, the amount of time and work that is involved is crazy. An Elite Visa costs roughly $3000 US per year. If you compare that amount to the cost of flying out of the country, (taxis, planes) buying two mulitple entry entry visas, lodging... Okay, you might have saved a couple grand for the year on the surface if you travel and live like a squatter, but the amount of time is the real killer. In the amount of time wasted to make 4 exits/entries into the country, waiting in line at Embassies/Consulates, and going to Immigration again I could easily make double or triple the amount of money I'm trying to save by squatting on tourist Visas.

I'm sorry, but that is hours and hours of work with little return and too many "timeouts" from living life. There's also the chance that at any time you will be refused yet another visa or extension from Immigration or the Thai consulate. If your time is only worth $10 per hour or less you might break even, but I don't think this program was designed for those individuals. My time is worth a whole lot more than that...

If one obtained a double-entry tourist visa and extended them two times, one could stay for 6 months. The cost would be about $150 for the visa and $100 for the extensions. A border run would also be necessary (about 50 bucks or so). Only two trips to immigration (for the extensions) would be required. The total cost is around $300.

If you want to stay multiple years at a time and are under 50 or don't want/need to work, the junior elite visa can be the way to go.

At least we now know vipinthailand and omgiminpattaya are the same person. Obviously doesnt have money for the Elite visa and doesnt like those who do. For all those that have the PE visa its worth every penny.

Too bad you would be wrong in your speculation. Obviously I've spent at least that much keeping up visa status during my more than a decade in Thailand. I could have picked up one of the original 1M baht lifetime memberships but didn't want to risk that much in what seemed like a speculative endeavor. Probably spent 15-20k on purely visa related trips over that time so still saved money over the PE visa. I also knew that I only needed the visa privilege for 12-13 years when it came out (until I was 50) so it just wasn't a compelling purchase for me. If I was 25 instead of 38 the calculation would have been different.

At 500k for 5 years it makes sense for a certain class of people (if they have that much liquid or want to borrow it); as for me, I've reached 50 now so no need for it for any reason anymore.

sorry I don't eat peanuts full of germs!

we all know that elite members don't wash hands

:)

8 years in Thailand, 20'000 baths a year for visa.

who want pay 5x more when I pay much less and i/o welcome you anyway.

why do you think tourist visa exist? If elite was so much better, they would cancel the tourist visa.

but they found some cows ready to give their money. why not? enjoy your stay at 500 thousand ! I enjoy my money and my stay at 20 thousand. I win, you lose. you can not force me out of the country, and you can not force me to pay 500k. I have even more privileges than you. I can pay whatever I want with MY 500 thousand. imagine all the drinks I can get with 500k. nice hotel rooms, limo, vip lounges at airport.... and ladies love me....

Edited by VIPinthailand

I feel sorry for people who think around 8k a month for this option is such a massive cost....

I don't think people think it is massive. But that is about $250 USD a month being optimistic on the exchange rate. For people on fixed pensions or US Social security of $2,0000 or $3,000 a month that is a measurable percentage. And if one can qualify for extended stays by other methods, there is a measurable cost saving, granted they may take some more paperwork or time and effort. But in retirement, watching the monies can be important. It is kind of like subscription economics. Those small monthly costs add up. I like the convenience of the Elite Visa, but from a money point of view I would like keeping the upfront ~ $15,000 USD equivalent of the 500K baht invested and earning > 5% tax free in my NEA muni bond fund. Depending on how my contracts keep going and if I decide to stay outside the USA to avoid Obamacare, I am on the fence if I would pay the one time thing up front and be done with it or not. I tend to like convenience so at the moment I am about 60/40 for the Elite Visa.

smile.png

why do you think tourist visa exist? If elite was so much better, they would cancel the tourist visa.

but they found some cows ready to give their money. why not? enjoy your stay at 500 thousand ! I enjoy my money and my stay at 20 thousand. I win, you lose. you can not force me out of the country, and you can not force me to pay 500k. I have even more privileges than you. I can pay whatever I want with MY 500 thousand. imagine all the drinks I can get with 500k. nice hotel rooms, limo, vip lounges at airport.... and ladies love me....

As I have commented elsewhere, I would be really interested in seeing the cost breakdown on this. To be included:

• 4-5 visa extensions per year @ 1,900 baht
  • Transport to and from immigration 4-5 times per year for extensions

[Curiosity: how much time do you invest each time, inclusive of travel, and is this one of the things you enjoy about doing it this way?]

• Return air fares to cities (which ones) where you get fresh double entry visas and travel out to activate second entry's
  • Cost of double entry visas (at least 4,000 baht per year, can be more depending on where you go)
  • Cost of visas to enter countries where you get fresh visas and activate second entry's (minimum 4 per year unless the country is visa free)
  • Cost of hotels during these 4 visits out of Thailand
  • Taxis to/from airports, hotels and consulates
  • Amount spent per trip entertaining the friends that are an incentive you cite for doing it this way

why do you think tourist visa exist?

I speculate that tourist visas are intended for tourists intending to visit the country for limited periods of time. Clearly, you have a different opinion.

smile.png

As I have commented elsewhere, I would be really interested in seeing the cost breakdown on this. To be included:

[Curiosity: how much time do you invest each time, inclusive of travel, and is this one of the things you enjoy about doing it this way?]

• Return air fares to cities (which ones) where you get fresh double entry visas and travel out to activate second entry's
  • Cost of double entry visas (at least 4,000 baht per year, can be more depending on where you go)
  • Cost of visas to enter countries where you get fresh visas and activate second entry's (minimum 4 per year unless the country is visa free)
  • Amount spent per trip entertaining the friends that are an incentive you cite for doing it this way

I speculate that tourist visas are intended for tourists intending to visit the country for limited periods of time. Clearly, you have a different opinion.

why don't you go by yourself and keep track of your spending.

if you are smart like me you will see you can save a lot and have a better life instead to throw your money for some ridiculous "disgrace" visas. :)

I agree with you, being a VIP is not for everybody! :)

Edited by VIPinthailand

smile.png

why don't you go by yourself and keep track of your spending.

if you are smart like me you will see you can save a lot and have a better life instead to throw your money for some ridiculous "disgrace" visas. smile.png

I agree with you, being a VIP is not for everybody! smile.png

why don't you go by yourself and keep track of your spending

The reason for asking you is because I cannot see how on earth you can do it for less than 50,000 baht per year (assuming you travel reasonably comfortably). A key benefit of these forums is to learn from each other. I am really interested in seeing how you do it.

first you can go to Cambodia for cheap. and come back same day for visa run. all depends where you live.

if you live near boarder you don't need a visa at all. just cross bridge or boarder every month until they ask you to get a visa.

second you can go to Lao for cheap with air Asia and stay in very good hotel for 320 bahts a night.

all you need is to be efficient and smart. I see too many guys who don't know to bargain and pay double price because they don't know they can.

once you have done a few visa trip you start to know how it works and where to stay.

you save lot of money if you book your flight in advance, in the middle of the week it s cheaper than a Friday or Sunday flights.

if you need to go to Don Muang, you can go to Bangkok airport and get free bus to Don Muang.

Bus ride will cost you 30 bahts for Don Muang to Mo chit bus station.

things is to ask info and try by yourself. getting a tourist is very easy as long you play by the rules.

But I wouldnt want to go to Cambodia or Loas. And I for sure would not stay in a 320 hotel. You see thats the difference. Im sorry you dont have the money for a TE visa but please dont keep on at those that see value in it and can afford it.

first you can go to Cambodia for cheap. and come back same day for visa run. all depends where you live.

if you live near boarder you don't need a visa at all. just cross bridge or boarder every month until they ask you to get a visa.

second you can go to Lao for cheap with air Asia and stay in very good hotel for 320 bahts a night.

all you need is to be efficient and smart. I see too many guys who don't know to bargain and pay double price because they don't know they can.

once you have done a few visa trip you start to know how it works and where to stay.

you save lot of money if you book your flight in advance, in the middle of the week it s cheaper than a Friday or Sunday flights.

if you need to go to Don Muang, you can go to Bangkok airport and get free bus to Don Muang.

Bus ride will cost you 30 bahts for Don Muang to Mo chit bus station.

things is to ask info and try by yourself. getting a tourist is very easy as long you play by the rules.

you can go to Lao for cheap with air Asia

Interesting. I have always found flights to Laos expensive. When was the last time you flew into Laos on Air Asia, where did you fly from, and how much did it cost?

• Like 1