Experience with Thai Elite Easy Access

TE might be a good solution if you:

* Aren't married to a Thai,

* Haven't reach official retirement age,

* Travel economy.

I'm married to a Thai and travel business or first class. Therefore, I don't see the need to spend THB500K.

BTW, I don't drive a Toyota (this part was hilarious)

coffee1.gif

- I am not married.

- I did not reach retirement age yet (after 12 years of Thailand Elite membership)

- I travel First Class

- I drive a Lambo (among others)

And I would recommend Thailand Elite to everyone in my situation (as well as other situations too).

Thailand Elite can appeal to a very broad range of people.

Actually, anyone who likes convenience and don't want to worry about immigration.

Those who have a bit of money, of course... :)

Of course, those who have a bit of money and manage their visa / extension of stay requirements well do not need TE

:-)

It's the same old argument ;)

Do you need TE and an ultra convenient PE visa?

Of course not. You do not "need" it at all.

It's just nice to have.

Same as a Lambo, a yacht, a personal assistant, a few phones,... There are so many things we do not actually "need".

On my side, I must admit that I have quite a number of things that I don't "need".

I could not live (in Thailand) without my PE visa though... It makes things so easy. I thank God for that visa (and maybe I also should thank Thaksin) :)

Still don't understand why you are so pushy re. TE

Why do you feel "attacked" when someone says something different?

Why the need to show off? I could do it as well...

Yes, the same old argument... from you...

With the online address report one of Elite so called perks becomes completely useless.

The question is if Thai economy will tank in the next few years due to strong baht. If that happens Thailand will have to make it easier for tourists to spend money. They obviously do not like chinese tourists that much and lets face it....economies strive on illegal activity.

• Like 1

* Travel economy.

I'm married to a Thai and travel business or first class. Therefore, I don't see the need to spend THB500K.

coffee1.gif

- I am not married.

- I did not reach retirement age yet (after 12 years of Thailand Elite membership)

- I travel First Class

And I would recommend Thailand Elite to everyone in my situation (as well as other situations too).

Actually, anyone who likes convenience and don't want to worry about immigration.

Of course, those who have a bit of money and manage their visa / extension of stay requirements well do not need TE

It's just nice to have.

Same as a Lambo, a yacht, a personal assistant, a few phones,... There are so many things we do not actually "need".

On my side, I must admit that I have quite a number of things that I don't "need".

I could not live (in Thailand) without my PE visa though... It makes things so easy. I thank God for that visa (and maybe I also should thank Thaksin) :)

You, and others, "push" your arguments against Thailand Elite, while Thailand Elite members, and others, "push" their arguments in favor of it.

I don't think anybody feels "attacked" for it... Or do you?

Did I show off?

I never that that yacht was mine :)

It was just to point out that the Thailand Elite card is appealing for many other types of people, rather than only to those who travel economy, as you wrote (Which I believe many members do not).

Thailand Elite is a product that people from very different backgrounds, with very different interests in life, and with very different activities, have found very valuable. Most of them very nice people and not at all "stupid". Some very successful in life, some other just want to spend peaceful moments in Thailand.

I hope you also don't mind that I say something "different" and that I will probably never agree with the Thailand Elite haters. This for the simple reason that I, together with around 3000 other members, am very happy of the membership... since over a decade.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

With the online address report one of Elite so called perks becomes completely useless.

The question is if Thai economy will tank in the next few years due to strong baht. If that happens Thailand will have to make it easier for tourists to spend money. They obviously do not like chinese tourists that much and lets face it....economies strive on illegal activity.

I think you must mean that "with the online 90 day report, Thailand Elite will not have to do the 90 report on behalf of the members who have their address in Bangkok"...

That rather convenient Thailand Elite "perk" becomes then useless, indeed. And it is a very good news.

Rumors also say that soon, Thailand Elite members will not have to do the 90 day report at all. Be it in person, online, or through Thailand Elite. Even better news, right?

For the rest of your post, I am not sure I understand it well.

In any case, even if the Thai economy "tanks" in the next few years... it has little to do with Thailand Elite.

• Like 1

* Travel economy.

coffee1.gif

- I am not married.

- I travel First Class

It's just nice to have.

You, and others, "push" your arguments against Thailand Elite, while Thailand Elite members, and others, "push" their arguments in favor of it.

I don't think anybody feels "attacked" for it... Or do you?

Did I show off?

I never that that yacht was mine :)

It was just to point out that the Thailand Elite card is appealing for many other types of people, rather than only to those who travel economy, as you wrote (Which I believe many members do not).

Thailand Elite is a product that people from very different backgrounds, with very different interests in life, and with very different activities, have found very valuable. Most of them very nice people and not at all "stupid". Some very successful in life, some other just want to spend peaceful moments in Thailand.

I hope you also don't mind that I say something "different" and that I will probably never agree with the Thailand Elite haters. This for the simple reason that I, together with around 3000 other members, am very happy of the membership... since over a decade.

Please read my initial post again and tell me where I wrote against the TE scheme...

I've never said that TE was useless. I've said TE might offer a solution for a certain type of users.

Not all wealthy foreigners need TE. It fully depends on their personal circumstances.

If you don't understand it and don't accept other people's opinions then it's hopeless.

Hey all,

Thanks for all the good info on the topic, been good read.

Now, I recently sold my stuff and moved to Thailand. I currently have company in EU where I get some money, enough to live in Thailand. So by all means I am not rich: I have about 1.5M Baht in bank atm. So I am wondering is it worth it to pay 500k for the Easy Access?

The bonuses is nice and all, but pretty much reason for me is the VISA: I am only 35 and not married to Thai (Have Thai GF tho). Quickly counting in my head, I think time and money used on VISA-runs is about same value that the 500k. So pretty much only 2 things worrying me is a) It uses bit portion of my saving B) Will it actually be alive for 5 years?

I also did consider marrying my GF, but as much as I love her, I think we have spent way too little time together. So TE would give me 5 years to see. After that can marry her to stay in Thailand.

Considering I don't really like VISAruns, I don't really see any bad things in getting the TE. Sure it's big amount of money for me, but in the end it's only money. One bad thing is that currently my money is in Euros which has really bad value atm...

Any comments or suggestions?

Hey all,

Now, I recently sold my stuff and moved to Thailand. I currently have company in EU where I get some money, enough to live in Thailand. So by all means I am not rich: I have about 1.5M Baht in bank atm. So I am wondering is it worth it to pay 500k for the Easy Access?

The bonuses is nice and all, but pretty much reason for me is the VISA: I am only 35 and not married to Thai (Have Thai GF tho). Quickly counting in my head, I think time and money used on VISA-runs is about same value that the 500k. So pretty much only 2 things worrying me is a) It uses bit portion of my saving B) Will it actually be alive for 5 years?

I also did consider marrying my GF, but as much as I love her, I think we have spent way too little time together. So TE would give me 5 years to see. After that can marry her to stay in Thailand.

Considering I don't really like VISAruns, I don't really see any bad things in getting the TE. Sure it's big amount of money for me, but in the end it's only money. One bad thing is that currently my money is in Euros which has really bad value atm...

Its a difficult one to answer but my story was when myself and GF moved here a year and a half ago I did my first year on two mutli entry tourist visas and I like you didnt care for the visa runs. I had to go back to the UK for my second ME tourist visa in Liverpool and was told a third one may not be possible. I do know people who have been here years on them though. When I found out about TE last year it was a godsend. No more visa runs and worked out cheaper than flying back to the UK every 6 months never mind leaving the country every 60 days. I now live here with peace of mind with the PE visa that comes with joining TE. You get people here trashing the scheme who are not members but not sure why as there are plenty of people satisfied with being a member. Im retired and not of age for a retirement visa like yourself. Wishing you well on your stay in this wonderful country. Edited by bim
  • Like 1

Hey all,

The bonuses is nice and all, but pretty much reason for me is the VISA: I am only 35 and not married to Thai (Have Thai GF tho). Quickly counting in my head, I think time and money used on VISA-runs is about same value that the 500k. So pretty much only 2 things worrying me is a) It uses bit portion of my saving cool.png Will it actually be alive for 5 years?

i have to say for me also the cost of the TE is the same I would spent in doing

visa runs every 90 days like you i hated them there are only so many times you

enjoy seing vientiane etc. the only thing is I had to pay upfront. I am 47 and i wish they

had(or i knew about it) 11 years ago when i came to stay permanent, I have a partner

but not married also. I have to be honest when my TE runs out and I am 52 and I

might take an retirement visa but if I like TE I might extend. Only you can decide for yourself.

I have no worries that the TE will be around for more than 5 years as it has been around for 13(???) years and noone evr lost their visa priviliges.

good luck deciding

rick

• Like 1

visa run cost less than 20'000 bahts a year.

pick up visa :

2 flights with air Asia, 3 or 4 night hotel, bus, tuck tuck, visa 2 entries =10'000 bahts. (no agency) plus lot of fun.

visa run(no pick up visa)

same as above but no visa =4000 to 5000 bahts plus lot of fun.

you save 400'000 bahts plus interest that you keep for you to buy a motorbike, free room for 3 years & free food.

this is why I m a VIPinthailand. :)

Edited by VIPinthailand

pick up visa :

2 flights with air Asia, 3 or 4 night hotel, bus, tuck tuck, visa 2 entries =10'000 bahts. (no agency) plus lot of fun.

you save 400'000 bahts plus interest that you keep for you to buy a motorbike, free room for 3 years & free food.

this is why I m a VIPinthailand. :)

I have no intention of wanting to do visa runs I am happy staying at home or come and go as I please not when I have to which is why so many see value in the PE scheme. Triple entry tourist visa can only be obtained in your home country so your cheap visa run costs seam a little on the cheap side. This is the last time I respond to your envy posts. You obviously came to live as cheaply as you possibly can in Thailand. Good look to you while the rest of us enjoy our easy PE visa with its perks. Your anything but a VIP in Thailand. Edited by bim
  • Like 1

pick up visa :

this is why I m a VIPinthailand. smile.png

What about 1900 baht for a 30 day extension of the 60 day tourist visa entry. That adds 7600 baht total.

I think you are way low on your trips to get a visa.

Same for your border runs to use the entry.

Where are you going to go to get a visa when you reach the max you can get within the region?

• Like 1

pick up visa :

this is why I m a VIPinthailand. smile.png

i would not want to stay in the hotels you are staying in mr vip

• Like 2

take your calculator for Pete sake.

2000 air Asia 2 ways

450x2 night in Thailand (hotel)

350 bahts hotel in Lao.

1000 bahts Lao visa

600 tuktuk, minivan....

2000 Thai visa (with 2 entries)

Total 20'000 bahts a year. (average)

when you have 500k, it s easy to get visa back to back.... no need to pay for these elite things. Trust me! money is king in Thailand.

as for hotel, my hotels are top class and super clean . 3 stars minimum

Edited by VIPinthailand

Thanks for the replies all. Very useful info. Will take things in consideration.

Currently thinking to go with the joining, the convenience is just so nice. I enjoy simple things in life, main reason I came to Thailand was to be hassle free.

take your calculator for Pete sake.

2000 air Asia 2 ways

450x2 night in Thailand (hotel)

350 bahts hotel in Lao.

1000 bahts Lao visa

600 tuktuk, minivan....

2000 Thai visa (with 2 entries)

Total 20'000 bahts a year. (average)

when you have 500k, it s easy to get visa back to back.... no need to pay for these elite things. Trust me! money is king in Thailand.

as for hotel, my hotels are top class and super clean . 3 stars minimum

no doubt, you enjoy the serenity of your holiday home in Bonnie Doon also.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Usually the ones bitching about it is coz they do not have the cash to join the program. I remember my visa runs in my younger years, even then I found them a major hassle.

PE, is a good deal of course not for the cheap skates !

• 2 weeks later...

How did you all decide to handle your wire transfers? My bank is cutting a huge commission out of the exchange rate. Wire transferring 500k THB will cost me about $500 more than what the actual exchange rate is today if I go directly thru the bank. Current rate is 33.58, but bank is calculating for around 32.50. Yikes...

I'll eat the huge fee if I need to, but seems like there would be a smarter way.

How did you all decide to handle your wire transfers? My bank is cutting a huge commission out of the exchange rate. Wire transferring 500k THB will cost me about $500 more than what the actual exchange rate is today if I go directly thru the bank. Current rate is 33.58, but bank is calculating for around 32.50. Yikes...

I'll eat the huge fee if I need to, but seems like there would be a smarter way.

Are you doing the currency conversion before you send the money ? If so this is the reason you're getting a lower rate.

I send my money as UK pounds and it's converted to Baht at the current rate on arrival. Of course I'm sending it to my own Thai Baht bank account. If you're making a direct wire to the Thailand Elite company for a specific amount from a foreign currency account then this is not such an easy thing to do if you want the exact amount to arrive.

Edited by ukrules

Thanks for the replies all. Very useful info. Will take things in consideration.

Currently thinking to go with the joining, the convenience is just so nice. I enjoy simple things in life, main reason I came to Thailand was to be hassle free.

Wow were you mis-informed...many long-timers will tell you living in LOS is noting but an endless string of big and small hassles.

My bank charges $29 a transfer no matter the amount...maybe you need a new bank.

My bank charges $29 a transfer no matter the amount...maybe you need a new bank.

He's talking about the exchange rate offered, not the transfer fee.

It's well known all around the world that it you convert to Baht outside of Thailand before doing the transfer the exchange rate sucks. This is due to capital controls.

He's talking about the exchange rate offered, not the transfer fee.

It's well known all around the world that it you convert to Baht outside of Thailand before doing the transfer the exchange rate sucks. This is due to capital controls.

Yes, that's covered in Expating 101...always do the hard currency conversion into the soft Third World currency in the Third World country. He must have slept during this lecture day.