Experience with Thai Elite Easy Access

I asked what the payment schedule on the condo was, 2 weeks ago, No answers yet, but I can't buy this year..but in 5 or 15 years, it's very possible that you'll have to get your own visa..

Never can tell! Aloha!

Edited by KonaRain

The Elite Visa still requires the member to pay 1900 baht once every year for a one year extension. Isn't that the same that a person would pay if he was retired and applying to extend his stay based on retirement? Both still have to do 90 day reporting (granted the Elite visa will handle that in Bangkok and apparently a few other places). But one doesn't have to leave Thailand for any reason if staying on for retirement. One doesn't have to make visa runs. Looks like the Elite Visa will make it a bit easier to travel in and out of the country, but even if on a retirement extension one could just get a re-entry permit or perhaps have paid 5,000 Baht in advance for multiple entries. To me that seems like a convenience fee. Sure there is more paperwork with something like a retirement extension (I would be doing retirement by the monthly income affidavit method). As much as I like convenience, I guess I will wait and see how I feel financially in the next two years. Obviously if a person is under 50 years old, the Elite could be a great method.

Unless a PE visa holder didn't leave the country for a year there would be no need to apply for an extension. Every time they enter the country they get a new one year permit to stay.

I don't read that when I look at their website. It says one is still subject to the 1900 baht.

From their website faq:

"How does the five (5) year visa work?

The Member is granted a special five (5)-year multiple entry VISA with automatic approval of one 1 year stay. The Member is also exempt from the requirement to leave Thailand extend length of stay but is subject to stay extension fee (1900 THB) as stated in the Thai Immigration service duty charges. Member only require to visit Immigration office once every 12 months, if member never leave Thailand for one year."

The Elite Visa still requires the member to pay 1900 baht once every year for a one year extension. Isn't that the same that a person would pay if he was retired and applying to extend his stay based on retirement? Both still have to do 90 day reporting (granted the Elite visa will handle that in Bangkok and apparently a few other places). But one doesn't have to leave Thailand for any reason if staying on for retirement. One doesn't have to make visa runs. Looks like the Elite Visa will make it a bit easier to travel in and out of the country, but even if on a retirement extension one could just get a re-entry permit or perhaps have paid 5,000 Baht in advance for multiple entries. To me that seems like a convenience fee. Sure there is more paperwork with something like a retirement extension (I would be doing retirement by the monthly income affidavit method). As much as I like convenience, I guess I will wait and see how I feel financially in the next two years. Obviously if a person is under 50 years old, the Elite could be a great method.

Unless a PE visa holder didn't leave the country for a year there would be no need to apply for an extension. Every time they enter the country they get a new one year permit to stay.

I don't read that when I look at their website. It says one is still subject to the 1900 baht.

From their website faq:

The Member is granted a special five (5)-year multiple entry VISA with automatic approval of one 1 year stay. The Member is also exempt from the requirement to leave Thailand extend length of stay but is subject to stay extension fee (1900 THB) as stated in the Thai Immigration service duty charges. Member only require to visit Immigration office once every 12 months, if member never leave Thailand for one year."

Read the comment you are responding to again!

From their website faq:

Read the comment you are responding to again!

yep. Everything says automatic, and exempt, yet the faq says subject to the 1900 baht fee if member never leave Thailand.

I guess this is good news...

According to the latest Thailand Elite newsletter, the Thailand Elite staff can take care of the 90 day report on behalf of the member not only in Bangkok, but also in Chiangmai, Phuket and Chonburi.

It's getting better and better smile.png

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect PRO1459505771.308573.jpg

"Normally a foreigner would have to be present at the immigration" ... for 90days? Nope, my gardener can do it, my maid can do it, my motorcycle taxi driver can do it and if properly dressed my dog might be able to do it. Unlike for extension of stay and re-entry permit for 90d reporting presence at immigration is not required.

(I have no gardener nor a maid, I only used those samples as I love to brag. And my dog is too lazy to go to immigration for me.)

• Like 1

According to the latest Thailand Elite newsletter, the Thailand Elite staff can take care of the 90 day report on behalf of the member not only in Bangkok, but also in Chiangmai, Phuket and Chonburi.

"Normally a foreigner would have to be present at the immigration" ... for 90days? Nope, my gardener can do it, my maid can do it, my motorcycle taxi driver can do it and if properly dressed my dog might be able to do it. Unlike for extension of stay and re-entry permit for 90d reporting presence at immigration is not required.

(I have no gardener nor a maid, I only used those samples as I love to brag. And my dog is too lazy to go to immigration for me.)

You forgot to say that you can also ask your (properly dressed) dog (a day it is not too lazy) to make the 90 day report by mail or online, on your behalf. Two more options open to anyone (regardless of the type of permit of stay).

While I could also give it a try myself (I have 4 dogs) (as well as driver, maid, etc...), I prefer to rely on the charming and professional Thailand Elite staff to do it for me :)

Up to anyone to trust a dog or a motorcycle taxi to carry one's passport and go to make the 90 day report at immigration though... To anyone his own way (Personally I prefer to give my passport to professionals).

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

You forgot to say that you can also ask your (properly dressed) dog (a day it is not too lazy) to make the 90 day report by mail or online, on your behalf. Two more options open to anyone (regardless of the type of permit of stay).

While I could also give it a try myself (I have 4 dogs) (as well as driver, maid, etc...), I prefer to rely on the charming and professional Thailand Elite staff to do it for me smile.png

Up to anyone to trust a dog or a motorcycle taxi to carry one's passport and go to make the 90 day report at immigration though... To anyone his own way (Personally I prefer to give my passport to professionals of Thailand Elite).

Who delivers the passport to the 'charming' TE staff ?

The dog , the maid or you ?

While I could also give it a try myself (I have 4 dogs) (as well as driver, maid, etc...), I prefer to rely on the charming and professional Thailand Elite staff to do it for me smile.png

Up to anyone to trust a dog or a motorcycle taxi to carry one's passport and go to make the 90 day report at immigration though... To anyone his own way (Personally I prefer to give my passport to professionals of Thailand Elite).

Can be the ones you suggest above... Or your driver, your hairdresser, your neighbor, the postman, ... a pigeon maybe?

If the Thailand Elite staff was coming to pick up the passport at your door we would be discussing about who would go to the door to hand over the passport.

It is a never ending story :)

My dog always gets saliva on mine but it's wiped off by those lovely Elite Staff.))

See, that's why I was always reluctant about this Elite. I would have to buy a dog first, and I think the extra service only applies to specific breeds of dogs.

• Like 1

]My dog always gets saliva on mine but it's wiped off by those lovely Elite Staff.))

See, that's why I was always reluctant about this Elite. I would have to buy a dog first, and I think the extra service only applies to specific breeds of dogs.

tou·ché...

My dog always gets saliva on mine but it's wiped off by those lovely Elite Staff.))

Finally, we are seeing the onerous limitations in the Thailand Elite service, and why those who have truly investigated in detail are so adamantly opposed to the whole program. Until the service is upgraded to accept passport drop off by all breeds of dog (and certain other trustworthy animals also) we can hardly take the pretense that they are service minded seriously.

• Like 1

He delivers the passport himself when he goes to work.
The dog?

(I am losing track)

:)

Had it been the dog i would have used "it".

The dog?

(I am losing track)

:)

But... The maid is a "she"...

Who would be the "he" then?

I am lost ;)

The dog?

(I am losing track)

smile.png

I am lost wink.png

The H in "He" is capitalized. To me, that suggests divine intervention. Maybe, the delightful Elite staff are angels too.

• Like 1

The dog?

(I am losing track)

smile.png

I am lost wink.png

The H in "He" is capitalized. To me, that suggests divine intervention. Maybe, the delightful Elite staff are angels too.

I guess you must be right. There must be some divine intervention.

My dogs don't work...

The maid could not bring my passport to the Thailand Elite office on her way to work, since she works at home (my home)...

I could not be the "He" either (I could not find my way to work, and thus could not drop my passport at the Thailand Elite office on the way, ... I don't work since decades)...

All this is confusing. There must be some divine intervention indeed ;)

What is not confusing at all, on the other side, is the wealth of privileges provided by Thailand Elite: 5 year visas, 1 year stamps, no hassles no queue, limos, welcome at the airport, spas, golf, ... All that is very clearly explained on their website. :)

And on top of that, the Thailand Elite golden girls do indeed look like angels :)

Edited by gerry1011

• 2 weeks later...

I seek some clarification about the Privileged Visa process.

As I understand it:

1. When going to Thailand, you tell TE about your arrival, and they’ll greet you at the gate, and you get a one year visa on arrival with no hassles.
2. If staying more than 90 days, a TM47 form needs to be filled out, which can be given to TE staff with passport, and they’ll do the actual immigration office reporting/queueing.
3. If staying more than a year, renewal of the visa is required and can be done for 1.900 baht.
4. When leaving the country, the one year visa is voided, but a new one will be issued upon return (i.e. repeat item 1).

Is this correctly understood?

One place describes the visa as “Renewable 5 Yrs Multiple Entry Privilege Visa”, so this sounds like there would be just one visa for the duration of the five years, presumably with one year stamps given on each entry.

Can you enter Thailand the day before the TE membership expires and get a full year, effectively making the Easy Access Membership last 6 years?

Furthermore:

5. Free limousine service from and to the airport (24 times/year on the Easy Access Membership).

As I am always going to Chiang Mai (via BKK), I would like to have confirmed that both item 1, 2, and 5 are all offered in Chiang Mai as well as BKK, correct?

And then there is:

6. Departure Lounge with several services available

Is this using an existing airport lounge? If so, which one? If not, what services are available? E.g. shower, food, etc. and is it only BKK or also CNX?

Lastly, if I only care about hassle-free visa then I assume the Easy Access membership is the better deal at 100,000 baht/year versus the Individual Membership which is 100,000 baht/year + VAT + 20,000 baht annual fee = 127,000 baht/year.

As I understand it:

1. When going to Thailand, you tell TE about your arrival, and they’ll greet you at the gate, and you get a one year visa on arrival with no hassles.

2. If staying more than 90 days, a TM47 form needs to be filled out, which can be given to TE staff with passport, and they’ll do the actual immigration office reporting/queueing.

5. Free limousine service from and to the airport (24 times/year on the Easy Access Membership).

As I am always going to Chiang Mai (via BKK), I would like to have confirmed that both item 1, 2, and 5 are all offered in Chiang Mai as well as BKK, correct?

If you are arriving in BKK internationally and transferring to a Chiang Mai flight then you would be going through immigration in BKK and the services would be available. I do not believe they offer personal service on arrival in Chiang Mai. They indicate that Chiang Mai City is one of the locations that they offer limo services for. Not sure though if you arrive in BKK and transfer to a domestic flight whether the limo services are available since you don't get those services for domestic flights.... it is definitely something that you would have to ask them to clarify.

As I understand it:

3. If staying more than a year, renewal of the visa is required and can be done for 1.900 baht.

4. When leaving the country, the one year visa is voided, but a new one will be issued upon return (i.e. repeat item 1).

Is this correctly understood?

One place describes the visa as “Renewable 5 Yrs Multiple Entry Privilege Visa”, so this sounds like there would be just one visa for the duration of the five years, presumably with one year stamps given on each entry.

Can you enter Thailand the day before the TE membership expires and get a full year, effectively making the Easy Access Membership last 6 years?

Furthermore:

And then there is:

6. Departure Lounge with several services available

Is this using an existing airport lounge? If so, which one? If not, what services are available? E.g. shower, food, etc. and is it only BKK or also CNX?

Lastly, if I only care about hassle-free visa then I assume the Easy Access membership is the better deal at 100,000 baht/year versus the Individual Membership which is 100,000 baht/year + VAT + 20,000 baht annual fee = 127,000 baht/year.

1. That is only needed for the first entry after you have your application approved and have paid the fee for the 5 year membership. The visa is valid for 5 years.

2. Yes

3. You only have to pay the 1900 baht for an extension if you don't leave and re-enter the country for a year. You get a one year entry every time you enter the country.

4. No need to repeat one. You get a new one year entry every time you enter the country for the 5 years the visa valid. It should be possible to get a total stay of 6 years if you do an entry just before the visa expires.

5. Yes But the distance is restricted and it also depends upon which airport you fly into.

6.Yes Not sure what is available.

There is only a 5 year membership for a fee of 500k baht or 20 years for 2 million baht. See: http://www.thailandelite.com/glimpse.php

4. No need to repeat one. You get a new one year entry every time you enter the country for the 5 years the visa valid. It should be possible to get a total stay of 6 years if you do an entry just before the visa expires.

So they check your 5 year visa added to your passport and then stamp your passport with an expiry date one year in the future?

There is only a 5 year membership for a fee of 500k baht or 20 years for 2 million baht. See: http://www.thailandelite.com/glimpse.php

The 5 year is 500k incl. VAT with no fees.

The 20 year membership is 2m excl. VAT and an annual fee of 20k also excl. VAT.

That’s why I wrote first one as 100k/year versus 127k/year (but I missed that annual fee is also excl. VAT) for the second one.

It seems the extra 28,400 baht/year buys you 24 times golf and spa plus a medical check up.

Why not address your questions to the Thai Elite people?

Sometimes you get more honest/detailed replies from existing customers, say their departure lounge is just a waiting room with free water and miles away from the departure gates, they probably have a more flattering way to describe it smile.png

But I’ll send them an email, I had previously looked at their contact page, but only saw basically an application form, thanks for the link.

• Like 2

So they check your 5 year visa added to your passport and then stamp your passport with an expiry date one year in the future?

After you have the visa in your passport they will give you a one year permit to stay from the date you enter the country every time you enter the country.

• Like 1