Thai Airways, Worst Airline In Thailand

PostmanPat

TG enjoy the protection of a strong worker's union, and this is why they behave like that, they feel

invisible and unshakable unless you pay them small fortune, hence the old cows and the ancient

geezers still working as flight's attendants....

If you fly domestic, check-in desk never open 2 hours before the flight, they open around 1 hour before the flight in most cases because passengers don't have to go through immigration and less security check.

I agree THAI airways have stuck up staff, especially flight attendants usually think they are all hiso because they are flight attendants, often hiding behind a fake smile. Best staff I have encounter are the ones in Japan and Korea, they have a very strict training especially with dealing with customers and if they have a complaint they are reprimanded pretty hard.

Over the past 15 years since I married my Thai wife I use the budget airlines, I get what I expect " nothing." It appears that the more expensive airlines give virtually nothing at highly inflated prices. I've never had a problem as I go with the flow.

Right on

Flying KL to Sydney in 4 weeks time, no baggage

Malaysian airlines wanted $600

Air Asia X wanted $135 (promo)

meals and choosing where i sit aint worth $460, ill get up mid flight and flirt with the red skirt holding the food cart and grab a meal for $5

I remember back in the 90s full service was great, that alcohol cart just kept on coming by

Non-stops tend to be priced at a premium...

It is also worth noting that fuel takes the place of money making freight on non-stops.

I like attractive young women as much as the next guy, but i agree, they should be allowed to work as long as they want to, as long as they get the job done.

I recently took the 15 hour Cathay Pacific HKG to JFK on a B777. Very nice flight. The only downside was the 3 middle-age Chinese passengers behind me (2 men and one woman) who were up-and-down on the flight like jumping jacks and insisted on grabbing and shaking my aisle seat and a few times banging my head every time they exited their row.

It finally resulted in a heated discussion back near the galley and one of the flight attendants had too intervene. She later came by my seat and told me that she had spoken with the one Chinese gent and that he was unaware that every time he grabbed my seat while I was asleep that he would wake me up and that he and his 2 companions apologized.

Oh and the seats are 90's style cradle....hahahaha

I can live with the sloping flat seats if it means keeping the price down. I was very disappointed when EVA ditched them and put up their prices. Happily, I got a mixed business/PE ticket for January for £1400 on EVA. If Thai did PE I would consider them for a good price.

I can live with the sloping flat seats if it means keeping the price down. I was very disappointed when EVA ditched them and put up their prices. Happily, I got a mixed business/PE ticket for January for £1400 on EVA. If Thai did PE I would consider them for a good price.

I'm flying Royal Jordanian biz class on the new dreamliner next month for £1300.

That's a good idea. I just came back from BKK and paid £1400 for return biz on Finnair. Going is ok, just seems forever stopping off in HEL.

I find the service in business class to be worse than economy on thai air. The cabin crew are older and often grumpy compared to economy where there are younger cabin crew and much more willing to serve politely and in friendly manner.

I just flew Thai from Bangkok to Delhi and I thought the service was good.

Check in was fast and easy and the staff was friendly and seemed competent

Lounge was comfortable, staff was friendly, plenty of decent groceries, well stocked bar and close to the gate

Boarding went great (for a change, I have to admit)

Seat was okay

Watched a movie

Food and beverage service was okay

Staff could have been more gushing and attractive, but hey, I don't want to bang 'em, I just want them to push the cart up and down the aisle, hand out the food and pour drinks.

Got in on time

Flew through immigration

My bag hit the belt two minutes after I got there

My driver was the second or third guy in the line-up

Pretty much a great trip.

Hey, there was one young guy with that had some kind of creepy eyebrow transplant thing going, I guess he should be fired for that huh?

I find the service in business class to be worse than economy on thai air. The cabin crew are older and often grumpy compared to economy where there are younger cabin crew and much more willing to serve politely and in friendly manner.

To be clear I have no issues with the cabin crew....simply the product is not good in my opinion.

To be clear I have no issues with the cabin crew....simply the product is not good in my opinion.

Isn't good service am essential part of the airline product?

To be fair, in economy the service is good- it's only in business class where it has been poor or rude for me.

Isn't good service am essential part of the airline product?

To be fair, in economy the service is good- it's only in business class where it has been poor or rude for me.

I agree the worst stewardess are in the business class and unfortunately the only way to elicit good service is to plummet them with an American accent and put them into place by activating their inert sense of social order which I hate doing but at times its seems you have to

After you set them right in the first 45 mins the rest of the flight is bearable and you get a few smiles

I recently took the 15 hour Cathay Pacific HKG to JFK on a B777. Very nice flight. The only downside was the 3 middle-age Chinese passengers behind me (2 men and one woman) who were up-and-down on the flight like jumping jacks and insisted on grabbing and shaking my aisle seat and a few times banging my head every time they exited their row.

It finally resulted in a heated discussion back near the galley and one of the flight attendants had too intervene. She later came by my seat and told me that she had spoken with the one Chinese gent and that he was unaware that every time he grabbed my seat while I was asleep that he would wake me up and that he and his 2 companions apologized.

And this has what to do with Thai Airways or Thailand or really anything in this thread????

And this has what to do with Thai Airways or Thailand or really anything in this thread????

It has to do with someone posting above that they like the aisle seat because they can stick out their legs and feet into the aisle and that directly above this post of mine Cathay Pacific was rated the #2 airline in the world for their cabin crew.

I'm flying Royal Jordanian biz class on the new dreamliner next month for £1300.

I would rather pay a bit more and not have to kill time in some airport in the middle of the night.

I don't really care about stuff like that. Some people want to be pampered, but I just want to sit there and be left alone. I just need the big seat and quiet cabin. Champagne, cheese platter etc, I can do without.

• Like 1

I don't really care about stuff like that. Some people want to be pampered, but I just want to sit there and be left alone. I just need the big seat and quiet cabin. Champagne, cheese platter etc, I can do without.

Good for you there are days when I like to travel Ike this to point A to B ...Air Asia / Lion / Tiger / Nok / Bangkok Airways all for the bill for me ...I'm at Don Mueng waiting for an hour AA flight to Siem Reap

On 20-30 hours flights ...good service and good food does matter

Good for you there are days when I like to travel Ike this to point A to B ...Air Asia / Lion / Tiger / Nok / Bangkok Airways all for the bill for me ...I'm at Don Mueng waiting for an hour AA flight to Siem Reap

Yes those longer flights are exactly what I'm talking about. Where quality of service is v important.

• Like 2

Yes those longer flights are exactly what I'm talking about. Where quality of service is v important.

I expect decent service, but I don't expect the full obsequious first class type service that some people want. I want it as cheap as I can get it (I buy my own ticket), but with a seat I can lie down in and edible food. I also don't think it important that the cabin crew are physically desirable, as long as they are professional .

• Like 1

If talkng about Thai airways, My experience is totally positive, OH , I am travelling with them for 25 years and I always find them pleasant, co-operative and understanding.

Do you mostly fly economy or business?
Depending on occasions, First, Business as well as Economy, I have travelled on a "Jump Seat" once, what is your curiousity?

If talkng about Thai airways, My experience is totally positive, OH , I am travelling with them for 25 years and I always find them pleasant, co-operative and understanding.

Depending on occasions, First, Business as well as Economy, I have travelled on a "Jump Seat" once, what is your curiousity?

Because I have found the service in economy to be excellent and far far better than often rude business class service (this as been my experience)

Because I have found the service in economy to be excellent and far far better than often rude business class service (this as been my experience)

Then why not stick to economy and save the dough?