Suspects in the Koh Tao murder case detained for twelve more days ask the UK for help

Lite Beer

What passports, they are illegals!!

And have their previous employer, which I believe is the AC Bar, being prosecuted for employing illegal immigrants?

1 million baht per person because they are not Thai nationals.

Just keep their passports . They won't go anywhere, but we often see the rich Thais skipping bail.

This. Has the AC bar been at least fined for this?

Or are some 'unofficial' fines still being paid on this from AC bar I wonder? whistling.gif

Also the British Ambassador met with dear leader yesterday. Was this case even mentioned?

I can't see how some type of house arrest and strict visitation rights & other reasonable bail conditions aren't more appropriate.

Without passports they aren't a flight risk, also on an island it is hardly straightforward for them to get off and back to the mainland. Such nonsensical belligerence from the authorities is difficult to comprehend.

It is disgusting that that there is not enough evidence to indict them but more than enough to keep them under lock and key. And now it is known how much their families are suffering emotionally and financially it simply makes it even more wrong.

• Like 1

What passports, they are illegals!!

And have their previous employer, which I believe is the AC Bar, being prosecuted for employing illegal immigrants?

1 million baht per person because they are not Thai nationals.

Just keep their passports . They won't go anywhere, but we often see the rich Thais skipping bail.

This. Has the AC bar been at least fined for this?

Or are some 'unofficial' fines still being paid on this from AC bar I wonder? whistling.gif

Also the British Ambassador met with dear leader yesterday. Was this case even mentioned?

EDITORIAL

Koh Tao's other little secret: police extortion

The Nation

KOH TAO: -- Crackdown follows news that migrant workers without proper papers pay police Bt500 a month to work on the island

According to our findings, out of the 5,000 migrant workers on Koh Tao, about 2,000 work illegally without proper permits. To get around that each 'illegal' has to pay police Bt500 a month. And if they want to use a motorcycle, that's another Bt500 a month to get around the driver's licence issue.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Honestly I would be surprised if the British government does anything but put on a show of interest to placate the petitioners. My feeling is they will sacrifice the Burmese to appease the Thai government thereby maintaining diplomatic Ties for the benefit of businesses in both country, trade rules not lives. I can't see them slapping Thailand in the face resulting in a huge loss of face for the junta.

Perhaps the British police, because of diplomatic protocols haven't said much of their own volition, but perhaps if officially requested to make statements, give their opinion on the evidence by the lawyers for these boys then they can't refuse. Hope so.

• Like 1

A month ago it was the perfect case, and now suddenly they need to ask the Brits for help and might even consider bail!!

Dear prosecutor isn't it about time, you admit, you don't have a case at all??

Whatever happened to the slam dunk DNA-evidence?? Lost in Thailand Post ?

Release the guys before you lose even more face. (if possible?)

Edited by JOC
  • Like 1

I reckon the Burmese gov will pay the 2m baht ransom bail and the accused will be set free and will disappear back to Burma. Face saved, case closed, end of.

The British will make a few noises (but not too loudly) and the world's press will soon forget that the murder ever happened.

The Thai police will continue to extort and the satanic b*stard who murdered these youngsters will live happily ever after. That's the way of the world, especially here in Thailand.

• Like 2

He went onto say that numerous requests for justice in the case and the high public profile and media attention as well as the high public profile means that further investigation on numerous issues was required by the police.

Now they've done it, I can't think straight or write anything coherent anymore. That's exactly what they wanted, to drive everyone following this rollercoaster totally nuts. blink.png bonkers, zoinggggg! time to watch a Thai drama on television, while quietly drooling...

Great to hear this story.

And I am certain the British Authorities will do everything in their power to help

That means sharing the details of their investigation. ie Revealing the results of the victims toxicology, sharing the statements of the friends victims , revealing persons of interests whereabouts at the time of the murders.

Bringing the results of the British Investigation into the public domain would be an incredible moment in this tragedy, and still could help bring real justice in this case.Or at the very least, bring shame to the authorities and great discomfort and loss of face and business to the real perpetrators.

One thing the British Investigation has and will achieve, is the release of the Burmese scapegoats, and that is wonderful news.

Really...?!! There has not been a peep or a word about the British investigators that were here other than from the Thai side saying that "They were satisfied with the police investigation"... They were not seen around much and no reports or hints even were given from any media .... I doubt very much that they are going to anything at all/

Honestly I would be surprised if the British government does anything but put on a show of interest to placate the petitioners. My feeling is they will sacrifice the Burmese to appease the Thai government thereby maintaining diplomatic Ties for the benefit of businesses in both country, trade rules not lives. I can't see them slapping Thailand in the face resulting in a huge loss of face for the junta.

Doubtful, given Myanmar offers many more attractions to investors these days, than does Thailand.

• Like 1

And I am certain the British Authorities will do everything in their power to help

That means sharing the details of their investigation. ie Revealing the results of the victims toxicology, sharing the statements of the friends victims , revealing persons of interests whereabouts at the time of the murders.

Bringing the results of the British Investigation into the public domain would be an incredible moment in this tragedy, and still could help bring real justice in this case.Or at the very least, bring shame to the authorities and great discomfort and loss of face and business to the real perpetrators.

One thing the British Investigation has and will achieve, is the release of the Burmese scapegoats, and that is wonderful news.

Really...?!! There has not been a peep or a word about the British investigators that were here other than from the Thai side saying that "They were satisfied with the police investigation"... They were not seen around much and no reports or hints even were given from any media .... I doubt very much that they are going to anything at all/

The UK government having publicly gone to the expense and trouble of sending them out here, it seems a stretch to believe the British police consider the Thai investigation to have been properly conducted, or that they were satisfied with what they found.

Revealing the hoe was not used on David and that the reenactment was all BS, like everything in this stitch up.

The UK government having publicly gone to the expense and trouble of sending them out here, it seems a stretch to believe the British police consider the Thai investigation to have been properly conducted, or that they were satisfied with what they found.

The fact there has been no public statement speaks volumes

• Like 1

Anybody recall when the 84 days is up? I had an inkling is was 24th Nov, but I may well be wrong.

Christmas Day

Its just crazy that they are keeping the two of them locked up for all this time when they have done nothing wrong.

Utterly shameful.