I'm not a dictator, says angry Prayut

Lite Beer

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really worry about the intelligence of these people sometime.

We try our best. It's not easy this.

I'm more concerned about the state of mind of some of the posters here when they are responding to an IP. I wish to think they're just drunk or stoned, and that they'll soon recover from their lapse.

I'm more concerned about the state of mind of some of the posters here when they are responding to an IP. I wish to think they're just drunk or stoned, and that they'll soon recover from their lapse.

welcomeani.gif.pagespeed.ce.WEO6J5z5nm.g

• Like 1

dic·ta·tor noun \ˈdik-ˌtā-tər, dik-ˈ\
: a person who rules a country with total authority and often in a cruel or brutal way
Full Definition of DICTATOR
a : a person granted absolute emergency power; especially : one appointed by the senate of ancient Rome
b : one holding complete autocratic control
c : one ruling absolutely and often oppressively
I think all points match except maybe "cruel or brutal way" - which is open for discussion.
Outside Thailand, were there's less censorship, 99% would call him a dictator.

Funny coincidence with the dik- part giggle.gif

And there was me thinking a dik tator was some new sort of prehistoric monster,,, silly me facepalm.gif

Thailand

A slow motion train wreck in action now.

The regime used the Urban dislike and mistrust of the rural Thais and of the North to split the people and thus open the door for the coup.

The people of Bangkok thought there would be some return to democracy. They were played the fools. There was never any intention of holding anything that even resembled real elections. Now the people of Bangkok are slowly but surely becoming hostile toward the regime and all of its parts.

The rich seem United against the people for now but that can quickly change should anything close to a revolution start to raise its head.

Different rich will split to different sides of the fight based upon beliefs and self interest.

That tick tock you hear is the ticking time bomb that will go off sooner or later here.

Farangs will split and run out of the nation in mass for their own safety.

The economy, which is already in decline will collapse.

The city might even burn.

It could all be avoided if only the rich elite who rule the nation would use their own common sense and education to make changes. Do you really think this system can continue here when it has collapsed all over the world in other places? You think you are somehow smarter or more charming than the other elites in Europe were? You are better than the Russian leaders of old Russia were? If I were you I would not wait until the people are hungry and then say--"let them eat Rice".

I am glad I got out. it is a terrible place to raise children now and the danger for Farangs is on a steady increase.

The only thing the two sides in a Thai civil war would agree upon is that the farang need to go.

A well written balanced honest assessment of the past , present and future, of which that outcome i also envision.

• Like 1

Thailand

The regime used the Urban dislike and mistrust of the rural Thais and of the North to split the people and thus open the door for the coup.

The people of Bangkok thought there would be some return to democracy. They were played the fools. There was never any intention of holding anything that even resembled real elections. Now the people of Bangkok are slowly but surely becoming hostile toward the regime and all of its parts.

The rich seem United against the people for now but that can quickly change should anything close to a revolution start to raise its head.

Different rich will split to different sides of the fight based upon beliefs and self interest.

That tick tock you hear is the ticking time bomb that will go off sooner or later here.

It could all be avoided if only the rich elite who rule the nation would use their own common sense and education to make changes. Do you really think this system can continue here when it has collapsed all over the world in other places? You think you are somehow smarter or more charming than the other elites in Europe were? You are better than the Russian leaders of old Russia were? If I were you I would not wait until the people are hungry and then say--"let them eat Rice".

I am glad I got out. it is a terrible place to raise children now and the danger for Farangs is on a steady increase.

The only thing the two sides in a Thai civil war would agree upon is that the farang need to go.

Phew scary, I'll give it some serious thought tonight when I'm eating the fresh fish that I caught in our dam this morning and having a few Lao Kao's with the locals, NOT.crazy.gif

Why do some normally well balanced Ferangs marry a Thai Girl move N.E. and become part of the Loony Left.Anyone else noticed.??coffee1.gif

Manifestation of psychosis due, in part, to physical and/or mental isolation, consumption of increasingly narrow media genres, and Beer Archa.

OK point taken....but my point is that, in the main politics needs to be dealt with by the citizens of that country. Not having crack at USA but often outside opinions can be at very least " sticking your nose in".

My point is that in this particular country it isn't kaos. Yes given, it isn't USA or AU or many Democratic countries. But idi amin isn't here either. Best path is tolerance for other countries "ways"

At present some positive reforms on face value seem to be underway. Don't understand so much criticism of current pm. All be it some what self appointed.

Can we do a straw poll of Thai partners/ friends , to seek their opinion.

Guess my point is this ....if I was in USA giving opinion about gun laws...they could rightfully say ...Nick off Australuan , you ain't from here. They have a point. And that's my point. You xpats, including me are invited guests.

I live here. If I'd lived in Oz this long I'd have PR status. But Thailand denies me that cos, in part, it's run by xenophobes :P

That aside, a senior policeman has died in very strange circumstance a couple days ago. 6 others have been removed from Senior roles allegedly for their political leanings. Allegedly to be replaced by those of a different political leaning.

What appears to be going on is a purge at some level. One side is imposing its will with force on the other. The most likely outcome unless power is shared back is a bleak one...

What one sees as an Expat here v what's actually going on is often 2 very different things. If you are seeing peace and happiness then I'd respectfully suggest you dig a bit deeper.

If you have business or other assets here you have some obligation to yourself and family to assess what's happening and how that might effect you. Instability is entirely possible here IMO...

Andy I hope you read today's news re rather large amount of funds found in top cop joint.....

Edited by jacksam

OK point taken....but my point is that, in the main politics needs to be dealt with by the citizens of that country. Not having crack at USA but often outside opinions can be at very least " sticking your nose in".

My point is that in this particular country it isn't kaos. Yes given, it isn't USA or AU or many Democratic countries. But idi amin isn't here either. Best path is tolerance for other countries "ways"

At present some positive reforms on face value seem to be underway. Don't understand so much criticism of current pm. All be it some what self appointed.

Can we do a straw poll of Thai partners/ friends , to seek their opinion.

Guess my point is this ....if I was in USA giving opinion about gun laws...they could rightfully say ...Nick off Australuan , you ain't from here. They have a point. And that's my point. You xpats, including me are invited guests.

I live here. If I'd lived in Oz this long I'd have PR status. But Thailand denies me that cos, in part, it's run by xenophobes :P

That aside, a senior policeman has died in very strange circumstance a couple days ago. 6 others have been removed from Senior roles allegedly for their political leanings. Allegedly to be replaced by those of a different political leaning.

What appears to be going on is a purge at some level. One side is imposing its will with force on the other. The most likely outcome unless power is shared back is a bleak one...

What one sees as an Expat here v what's actually going on is often 2 very different things. If you are seeing peace and happiness then I'd respectfully suggest you dig a bit deeper.

If you have business or other assets here you have some obligation to yourself and family to assess what's happening and how that might effect you. Instability is entirely possible here IMO...

Andy I hope you read today's news re rather large amount of funds found in top cop joint.....

Indeed Jacky .... Any particular reason you pointed me to that?

Thailand

I would have said you were over reacting if I had not seen the PM's info-graphic on ASTV where he says something to the effect of "If you want a foreign social style, go live somewhere else." Definitely odd times in Thailand with many sectors trying to achieve power, control, and a piece of the pie. The future certainly does hold uncertainty.

i would like to know where Prayuth was in 1976..ok he joined the army in 1972 4 years before....

"Starting today, the English-language media are required to spell the general’s name “Prayut Chan-o-cha.” The “h” in Prayuth is dropped and an extra hyphen will be added.

Suspicions abound that this is a case where a fortune teller must have told Gen. Prayauth (or now Gen. Prayut) to alter his name in English spelling to improve his luck."

"NCPO: Stop Photoshopping Images of Junta Leader"

Appears he does indeed consult soothsayers.

https://time.com/3315701/thailand-kittisak-soomsri-human-rights-southeast-asia-coup-general-prayuth-chan-ocha-superstition-bizarre/

That's quite an article.

All you (me included) blokes have one huge advantage. You are farang. When/if things go pear shape just move to lovely Democratic country like Vietnam. The Large Saigon green are 15 baht in cafe/bar and no one votes. You will have nothing to moan about.

Well unless you were silly enough to put assets here like some.

Give him a break, he had the courage to step-up and take charge of a country that is out of controlled corrupt, and lacking a modern Asia country progress into the future. Until he can weed out the lackers in the system he's on the right path.

he should give himself a break you are right

an other anti-D statement today against every media

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prayut-tells-media-press-freedom-limit

He's asking for the media to help gather suggestion on Thailand's reform. If we all help the PM by suggesting ways to improve democracy and transparency in government, then these things will happen quickly and everyone will be happy. But who is delaying this happiness, the minority of people who bully and cheat their way through life just like the Shinawatra clan.

"If we all help the PM by suggesting ways to improve democracy and transparency in government, then these things will happen quickly and everyone will be happy."

And if we wish for a pony for Christmas, Santa will bring us one!

I wonder what would happen to the person who suggests to the 'PM' that he reinstate the last constitution and have elections in January?

welcomeani.gif.pagespeed.ce.WEO6J5z5nm.g

Ghank you MJ, and btw, I think that should be OP instead right? Does that stand for Original Poster?

Note to the PR people for the general .

Please engage brain before putting mouth into gear!

Clearly the three finger salute and the detention of the 5 students and their attitude adjustment session has backfired on the general and the junta.

Get use to it general the press wants their freedom of speech back and the country wants their democracy back.

He's not happy these days because he is now waking up to the fact that the 93% popularity polls are just propaganda fantasies and the more the junta crackdown the more criticism he's getting from both in and outside Thailand.

Democracy mightn't be the best system general but it sure as he'll beats whatever runs second!

USA was founded as a "Republic"

Democracy came because the North couldn't pay its war debts to the British and the British took the country back over with the Act of 1871

Demoracy leads to despots

At least a Parliamentary system with many parties is represetative of more people

No other form of government speaks for the most people

This PM is not accustomed to people barking orders at him, in the form of questions.

He will evolve and that may not be good for anyone