has walking street lost its appeal

novo58

I was visiting Pattaya last week on what was my 5th visit. I decided to stroll down walking street one night and felt that it has lost a lot of its appeal.

Especially so when I was staying just off SOI BUAKHAO, and i found just as much entertainment there and on SOI METRO LK and SOI 6.

Now I admit that at 56yrs old .......the disco bars do not interest me ( although LIVE MUSIC always holds its appeal), and I can take or leave the gogo bars. I just seek a comfy bar ( beer bar) and dont mind the company of an attractive Thai lady over a drink.............and I have NO INTENTION of paying a barfine as I now live in Thailand and am quite happy with the Thai lady I have at home. If its important , I was in Pattaya to meet up with some friends who were visiting on a golfing holiday.

So my question is ....................................................

HAS WALKING STREET LOST ITS APPEAL !!!!!

• Like 2

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Places evolve. binnsy1 and Pattaya28 have accurately pointed out 2 ways in which Walking Street has changed a lot from, say, 10 years ago.

People evolve. I bet you are not the same tourist, now on your 5th Pattaya trip, that you were on your first trip. The fact that you now stay on SOI BUAKHAO and frequent SOI LK METRO and SOI 6 state that.

You may plateau and become a SOI BUAKHAO fixture or maybe 5 years from now, you will find yourself living in ROI ET with your LADY.

wai2.gif

• Like 1

10 years ago Walking Street was full of American / European / Scandanavian / Australian people. Now it's full of Indian / Arab / Chinese people.

Maybe that is the answer to your question OP.

I rather see a whole lot of nationalities than sad sexpats and drunk hooligans from the uk.

Thailand is in Asia and unsurprisingly there are many Asians here. As they say in Australia and the uk to whingeing newcomers: go back to wherever you came from if you don't like it here. tongue.png

Drunk hooligans from the UK?????? What country do you come from?

10 years ago Walking Street was full of American / European / Scandanavian / Australian people. Now it's full of Indian / Arab / Chinese people.

unbelievable racist comment. Though i dont fit in any one of those group mentioned but here is something pattaya28 should know that in this downfall of Thailand's tourism industry at least those Asians and Middle eastern are keeping the business alive by coming here. Bare in mind the selected group that you criticized I bet any given day they are much more educated and well off than you are.How sallow you are its proven.

I guess personal hygiene was not part of that education

I think the whole of Pattaya sort of loosing it's appeal to people with discerning taste of what is

good entertainment, is become a cesspool of undesirable and disgusting people of all

color and creeds, let alone families, one will do well to stay away from all the night activities

and stick to day time outing,

• Like 2

unbelievable racist comment. Though i dont fit in any one of those group mentioned but here is something pattaya28 should know that in this downfall of Thailand's tourism industry at least those Asians and Middle eastern are keeping the business alive by coming here. Bare in mind the selected group that you criticized I bet any given day they are much more educated and well off than you are.How sallow you are its proven.

You are absolute spot on and on top of that when I went with my Mrs to Pattaya two weeks ago not one South or East Asian gave some stupid comments to my lady but it was those farang looser in their 60s+ that tried to get my lady for 700-1200 Baht on those beaches of Pattaya and Jomtien.

I talked to many from Europe and they are just the last rubbish Pattaya have ever seen but my Mrs learned from me and showed them a middle finger.

Bravo.......