Chances of getting a deposit reversed at Kasikorn

I would'nt trust Kbank. account holders have had money removed and accounts frozen because of action by a third party. And that 3rd party is not the law or legal party. What happens in Thailand generally with regards to money certainly involves banks.

If it is anything like SCB, it can be a nightmare

I accidentally picked the wrong recipient and made a transfer to a charity that was run by SCB (for victims of the Bangkok flooding several years ago). Since even the English version of SCB Internet Banking automatically defaults to Thai for naming the recipient you have to be extra careful to select the account by number, not name, so it is not all that difficult to make a mistake

Even though I realized my mistake when I got the acknowledgement and immediately called the SCB call center I had to go to the Pattaya Police station and file a police report, bring the police report back to my home branch ( 2nd road and Klang) and they then sent all the paperwork to Bangkok for investigation......what was there to investigate ?...the money was accidentally transferred to SCB but it still took over two weeks to get the money back into my account. Two weeks to make a journal entry in-house, who knows how long it would have taken if it had been to another SCB customer's account

Good luck to the OP

It is a nightmare anywhere in the world. A friend of mine did it with quite a large amount in Australia and it took over a year and a lot of frustration and eventually heard by the banking ombudsman.

Hopefully it is easier in Thailand, but banks are pretty much the same all over the world.

Good luck!

If it is anything like SCB, it can be a nightmare

I accidentally picked the wrong recipient and made a transfer to a charity that was run by SCB (for victims of the Bangkok flooding several years ago). Since even the English version of SCB Internet Banking automatically defaults to Thai for naming the recipient you have to be extra careful to select the account by number, not name, so it is not all that difficult to make a mistake

Even though I realized my mistake when I got the acknowledgement and immediately called the SCB call center I had to go to the Pattaya Police station and file a police report, bring the police report back to my home branch ( 2nd road and Klang) and they then sent all the paperwork to Bangkok for investigation......what was there to investigate ?...the money was accidentally transferred to SCB but it still took over two weeks to get the money back into my account. Two weeks to make a journal entry in-house, who knows how long it would have taken if it had been to another SCB customer's account

Good luck to the OP

That is not much different than how it would be handled in most countries, where a transfer cannot be reversed (once it has been booked on beneficiary's account) without the approval of beneficiary. Did you expect them to just reverse the transfer on your request, what if the transfer had been payment for some goods, and the recipient had given you the goods when seeing the transfer booked on his account? I know that I would be upset if I had received money from someone, and the bank reversed the transfer without asking me.

And it is not about bank's being difficult, they have laws they have to follow.

Sophon

It was SCB's own charity, not the purchase of goods from a third party. So yes, I expected them to reverse a credit which was erroneously "credited" to SCB

OK, if it was basically a payment for the credit of SCB themselves (which your post didn't mention), then some flexibility would have been nice. But it would probably still require the case to be pushed up to someone high enough to be authorised to override general procedures, not something the average bank officer would be able to do.

However, chances are that the OP's transfer is for a third party, not for Kasikorn Bank itself, so a different situation to yours.

Sophon