Best Breakfasts in Jomtien

JustJomtien

It's a while since I've been down to Pattaya and Jomtien but I always used to enjoy the breakfasts at Yorkies, the English pork butcher in Beach Road. What's the latest on it? :-)

Yorkies (S of Chaiyapruk) is no more as of 2 years ago. Kaput, gone, out of business.

Whats the name of the restaurant on Thappraya road after the traffic lights coming down from the hill towards Jomtien just at the corner when the road turns down towards the beach? I think the name is Daddy or something, owned by an old Gay guy. Excellent breakfast, many different styles to choose from. I don't know if it is still there as I have not been there for 2 years or so.

Whats the name of the restaurant on Thappraya road after the traffic lights coming down from the hill towards Jomtien just at the corner when the road turns down towards the beach? I think the name is Daddy or something, owned by an old Gay guy. Excellent breakfast, many different styles to choose from. I don't know if it is still there as I have not been there for 2 years or so.

Papa's.Closed down.

• Like 1

It's a while since I've been down to Pattaya and Jomtien but I always used to enjoy the breakfasts at Yorkies, the English pork butcher in Beach Road. What's the latest on it? :-)

Yorkies (S of Chaiyapruk) is no more as of 2 years ago. Kaput, gone, out of business.

Yorkies moved from the Beach to Soi Chayrupruk, then sometime after, the owner passed away.

The restaurant closed but the meats operation is still going I believe.

Yorkies moved from the Beach to Soi Chayrupruk, then sometime after, the owner passed away.

The restaurant closed but the meats operation is still going I believe.

Correct

If you are an ex-American GI and have a yearning for SOS there are a couple of places that serve it. The Golf Club on Soi LK Metro has it and if the old cook is still at the Windee Inn (Wandee Inn when Bob Carr ran it) she makes it. That's at the south end of Walking Street. Pleasant change from time to time. I will also visit the buffet at the Denmark Hotel. Thanks

Agree with the breakfast buffet at Hotel Denmark.thumbsup.gif

So where is the Hotel Denmark please? Irish Wolfhound, great breakfast, very cheap.

Thought we could expand this post to thoughts about eating out generally, now living in East Pattaya and I have found a few.

Schnitzel Restaurant, on road to Tara Pattana Internation School, same side as school back a few hundred metres towards Numpabwan, great Schnitzels.

On same road towards Numpabwan, Italian restaurant La Grotto I think, great pizzas and pasta.

Best Thai I have ever had - Mama's Garden Restaurant, turn right of Maprachan Lake Road towards Horseshoe Point, about 1.5km on left, little quaint place with a few huts, superb Thai, reasonable prices all of these places.

Anyone else holding onto any little secret places where the food is good and the price reasonable?

Been going to Jomtien since 2008...Rich Man Poor Man is consistently good. Large portions, fresh and hot, made quickly to order and best brewed coffee I've seen thus far. I imagine if members vouch for any place it must be good and all are worth a try, but for me there is no way to better RMPM Soi 9. Very friendly staff and quick and courteous prep.

• Like 1