young farang v/s old

jacksam

My get up and go has got up and went but I take care of a small family and have made a good life for them. What is love but creating happiness.

Same as that. We do the best we can. All I really want is a bit of peace and quiet.

photo-thumb-62129.jpg,q_r=1404402015.pag

Be a good boy ... slippers and my pipe please ... and nay, don't be tardy with that ... laugh.png

Edited by David48

My get up and go has got up and went but I take care of a small family and have made a good life for them. What is love but creating happiness.

Same as that. We do the best we can. All I really want is a bit of peace and quiet.

photo-thumb-62129.jpg,q_r=1404402015.pag

Be a good boy ... slippers and my pipe please ... and nay, don't be tardy with that ... laugh.png

It's definitely the future. All I need now is someone to push the bath chair.

• Like 1

The Digital Pikeys claim that anyone that isn't a Digital Pikey is past their used by date. Quite frankly I'm quite happy being 41 and not a Digital Pikey.

Could have fooled me with how much you talk about them.

He's happy go lucky......he likes to talk about the funny things. Imagine playing online poker for a living and considering oneself an entrepreneur........ Imagine living in a bubble where you thought tax avoidance was acceptable, imagine thinking you had made it just because your 3000 baht monthly room had air conditioning and that a nice meal out involved a food court. These things are funny. Might be why he talks errrr laughs about it.

Imagine thinking that the world was created upon the back of the internet and Grindhouse flicks and all the old people were clueless.

Anyway, you must run along, I'm sure your next game is about to start.....you never know you might even win this time.

You sound very tired. Take good care yourself.

Perhaps the older guys who are bitter about the "young" and "digital pikeys" (and actually believe that these people care at all about them back) are like this because one of these young guys stole their (ex?) g/f from them...

I can't see why else they'd waste any time thinking about it let alone posting a thread on TVF about it.

• Like 2

Well, I'm 39 years old. I look 60 years old. I feel at least 70 years old.

You don't have to be old to be past your sell by date.

My friends in both Thailand and the UK are in their fifties and sixties and are far more sprightly than I am.

Some people have busted themselves by the time their 40 or 50. They've fought in battle, lifted heavy weights and they rolled around in the grime of life.

Then there's this young crowd, do as they please crowd that think taking the rubbish outside is hard work. They see all who came before them worthless and foolish.

If correct, which i do not believe, who taught them.....yeap...that same old crowd....the parents.

My friends in both Thailand and the UK are in their fifties and sixties and are far more sprightly than I am.

Some people have busted themselves by the time their 40 or 50. They've fought in battle, lifted heavy weights and they rolled around in the grime of life.

Then there's this young crowd, do as they please crowd that think taking the rubbish outside is hard work. They see all who came before them worthless and foolish.

If correct, which i do not believe, who taught them.....yeap...that same old crowd....the parents.
Well ain't that the truth.....something went drastically wrong and it happened fast. I have a friend whose child makes me sick Everytime she opens her 19 year old mouth. He asked me, 'I don't understand where I went wrong'. I sat and pondered his life, the 80 hour working weeks and the supply of everything in abundance and not much one on one parent child contact for roughly 20 years.

You can't blame me for that though, it rests with the individual......I didn't even live in the same country as the child, had it have, I would of jammed my No. 9 boot firmly in its backside years ago.

You are absolutely correct.

Ps: and what do you mean if it's correct? It's fekking everywhere, little cheeky shittts that care more about their Xbox and crap like that than earning a crust and standing on their own two feet.

Edited by neverdie
  • Like 2

I'm 32 with a wife and baby here. I can fund an education for my daughter at an international school. I'm eight years off paying the mortgage on my wife's house. I'll probably live to see my baby's 18th birthday.

More than you can say OP. You're only good for your inheritance. wink.png

"I'm eight years off paying the mortgage on my wife's house." Hmmmmm. Report back in 8 years on that.

I will say this in support of the younger people today. There's not really much steady employment, certainly few jobs for life any more. Many have huge student debt. House prices may forever be out of their reach. Pensions for them are a fantasy, although they're on the thin end of that Ponzi wedge, still paying for pensions they'll never receive.

Need to remember that although there may be lots of gadget toys around today, they're little more than consolation prizes for a generation that will not enjoy the same living standards, wealth and stability their parents did.

There's probably a fair bit of truth in that too....however it's the attitude that gets me.

Some of these kids have had a fairly flash up-bringing.

Anyway, these generalisations don't mean much, it's about individuals, I've seen decent young and crappy old, I've seen it the other way around.

What is old by the way, 25,35,60 or 120 ? It all depends,who's looking at it.

I hate old people too..and the young they give me the shits. :P

• Like 2

Well ain't that the truth.....something went drastically wrong and it happened fast. I have a friend whose child makes me sick Everytime she opens her 19 year old mouth. He asked me, 'I don't understand where I went wrong'. I sat and pondered his life, the 80 hour working weeks and the supply of everything in abundance and not much one on one parent child contact for roughly 20 years.

You can't blame me for that though, it rests with the individual......I didn't even live in the same country as the child, had it have, I would of jammed my No. 9 boot firmly in its backside years ago.

Ps: and what do you mean if it's correct? It's fekking everywhere, little cheeky shittts that care more about their Xbox and crap like that than earning a crust and standing on their own two feet.

Hmmm... okay, i can conclude that you have big feet...Nr 9....

You know too that lack of time, hard work and wanna have time for 1self as a parent, or lack of parental skills is usually compensated by spoiling the children. The easy way out for parents who can one way or the other afford it...in the West at least. Dunno about LOS. Its pressure to keep up with the social environment too. Both parents need to work nowadays if they have a average paying job to keep up. Unfortunately the kids pay the price for that...but not only them.

• Like 1

I haven't got anything against older people.

They have the money we have the honey.

My Thai g/f is a bar girl, gets the money from old farts gives money to me, have wonderful time.

Life is full of roses.

So in other words you`re a pimp?

And what is it with the OP`s English pronunciation. I have been here 31 years and never speak like that. White man speak with forked tongue.

Me Thinks him name Chief Sitting Pretty

Yes, perhaps old man want make pow wow with young poo ying, but think poo ying not understanding old brave warrior.

He's happy go lucky......he likes to talk about the funny things. Imagine playing online poker for a living and considering oneself an entrepreneur........ Imagine living in a bubble where you thought tax avoidance was acceptable, imagine thinking you had made it just because your 3000 baht monthly room had air conditioning and that a nice meal out involved a food court. These things are funny. Might be why he talks errrr laughs about it.

Imagine thinking that the world was created upon the back of the internet and Grindhouse flicks and all the old people were clueless.

Anyway, you must run along, I'm sure your next game is about to start.....you never know you might even win this time.

Hmm, play recreationally, work online for a company not myself (so not an entrepeneur), room is 10000, you got the tax part right though. The idea that income taxation is theft has been around for centuries so I'm hardly alone in my bubble.

In the land of Buddah, it is slightly ironic the farangs are so bitter and negative. Young ones come to escape, old ones come to escape, both will be looked at like sex tourists and broke. Then they get more mad explaining themselves and justifying everything. Very funny indeed. No, not funny, sad. ok, off to temple.

• Like 1

I will say this in support of the younger people today. There's not really much steady employment, certainly few jobs for life any more. Many have huge student debt. House prices may forever be out of their reach. Pensions for them are a fantasy, although they're on the thin end of that Ponzi wedge, still paying for pensions they'll never receive.

Need to remember that although there may be lots of gadget toys around today, they're little more than consolation prizes for a generation that will not enjoy the same living standards, wealth and stability their parents did.

+1, those are some of the reasons I left. Feel no desire to join the rat race or 'get on the property ladder'.

Been non-resident in the UK for almost a decade now, I believe after a few more years my student loan gets wiped, which is my goal. That and to pay no income tax lifetime, just bum around SEA nations as a forever tourist in a legal tax avoidance loophole working in the cloud.

The Digital Pikeys claim that anyone that isn't a Digital Pikey is past their used by date. Quite frankly I'm quite happy being 41 and not a Digital Pikey.

Could have fooled me with how much you talk about them.

Little Nibble there "J", it really is past your bedtime

I'm 32 with a wife and baby here. I can fund an education for my daughter at an international school. I'm eight years off paying the mortgage on my wife's house. I'll probably live to see my baby's 18th birthday.

More than you can say OP. You're only good for your inheritance. wink.png

Ime 70 wife and 22 year old son here our son is in university ,dont have a mortgage my wife has her own rice fields and building land ive lived to see my sons 18th birthday ,with any luck i may see his 30th

my wife does not want an inheritance ,she wants me still alive.wink.png

• Like 1

Hmmm... okay, i can conclude that you have big feet...Nr 9....

You know too that lack of time, hard work and wanna have time for 1self as a parent, or lack of parental skills is usually compensated by spoiling the children. The easy way out for parents who can one way or the other afford it...in the West at least. Dunno about LOS. Its pressure to keep up with the social environment too. Both parents need to work nowadays if they have a average paying job to keep up. Unfortunately the kids pay the price for that...but not only them.

You and I are In tune brother, fancy that.

You know what they say about guys with big feet, I mean #9 isn't that big but I failed to mention their wide and fat ;). :P

• Like 1

Hmm, play recreationally, work online for a company not myself (so not an entrepeneur), room is 10000, you got the tax part right though. The idea that income taxation is theft has been around for centuries so I'm hardly alone in my bubble.

Hello friend, always nice to see you.

Let me get this right, you pay 10k for a 3k room? Mor does it have a nice view and a fancy TV?

I have nothing against the digital pikeys, actually one day I would like to observe and see how it's done. ;)

OP, I've read a few of your posts, and I get where you're coming from. Many women put money and stability above love, connection, etc. But there ARE other kinds of relationships here. You seem to think we're all deluding ourselves about what women really want, but we could easily say the same thing about older guys who think their younger girl isn't longing for- and many times seeing- a guy closer to her age that she connects with.

I think some people who had to wait till they were old for their time in the sun are perhaps a touch resentful of a younger generation taking a shortcut to enjoy their lives a little sooner.

Perhaps you can define what 'old' is, in your mind?

What are you talking about, shortcut to enjoying life? Are you just assuming that the old people started enjoying it at retirement or something?

Perhaps some of the old guys have been enjoying life for decades now, more experience at doing what you've only just discovered. How bout that?

• Like 2

I think some people who had to wait till they were old for their time in the sun are perhaps a touch resentful of a younger generation taking a shortcut to enjoy their lives a little sooner.

Do you consider yourself part of that 'younger generation'?

If so, what is your age please ... I hope that's not to personal a question.

I am, of course ... 48 ... biggrin.png

Do you consider yourself part of that 'younger generation'?

If so, what is your age please ... I hope that's not to personal a question.

I am, of course ... 48 ... biggrin.png

See, that's hardly old....barely got ur training wheels off.

What's old, 20, 30,40,50,60,70,80, or 90?

It's all relative to the age of the claimant, I presume ?

Edited by neverdie
  • Like 1

I think I made myself clear. Some of you seem to have nothing better to do than play 20 questions every time someone makes a comment.

That's why you are a troll.

You state something then you refuse to clarify or answer straight questions.

It's probably the same reason you've been punched in the head so many times.

Edit to add: You are obnoxious, but we've seen it before at TVF. Have you got another trick?

Edited by neverdie
  • Like 1