Use of Embassy Income Affidavit - Non O visa application

Not sure if this has cropped up before but my circumstances were such that I could apply for my Income Affidavit from the UK Embassy in BKK (for the retirement extension based on pension) from within Thailand before applying for my Non O in Penang. Frequently in / out of Thailand and I had a friend's address for them to send it to. I also wanted it in my hands early so I could up and go to wherever I chose to stay for the time being, given the letter is valid 6 months.

The consulate guidance for Non O applications only mentions copies of bank statements but at the Consulate in Penang I asked if this letter could be used in lieu of bank statement printouts seeing as I was going the pension route (I prefer to have copies of bank details in as few places as possible) and they said yes, no problem. Photocopy of the original was OK.

Might be of interest to those in LOS thinking of changing their visa type and who are able to get their income affidavit before applying for a Non O if going the pension route.