Bangkok: Woman dies after car plunges from car park to the ground

webfact

Look people ... you say RIP and stuff.

Yet if you really looked at how these people drive, you would see that in most cases their own inability is a contributory factor in their 'accidents'.

An 'accident' is that which is unavoidable.

Knowing how to drive correctly would make some of these incidents avoidable and hence not 'accidents'.

So very different than from the UK where nobody ever drives poorly.

Troll Alert...cheesy.gif

• Like 1

A witness said her car hit another car while coming down and lost control and banked on the wall. The car which was hit by her car also rammed into two other cars.

I know this car park very well, it is quite a reasonable size ramp, but easy to go too fast when exiting from a floor. It would seem from the description given, she must have rammed into another car from behind and run up and over the wall (not many concrete debris in the picture).

The other explanation (much more likely, but not matching the report) is she was hit by a car speeding up from below which went wide and pushed her into the wall.

As so many people die in Thailand (and other countries) in similar accidents. It is a pity there are not enough regulations on the height and strength of car park ramp barriers.

Condolances to her family.

I know that car park very well.

You like me will know its dual lane.

The latest I heard was, brake failure.

If that was the case, how did she manage to drive the car from Summit Honda on Ram which is right next door up to 3A and not have a problem?

Speeding or mobile phone?

Hub of retarded driving. Had to be going way too fast to manage that. They drive way too fast in car parks.

From what I've observed, pushing on the gas pedal is the only thing most Thai drivers know. IMO they think they are great drivers if/when/bc then can GO FAST.

Funny really b/c everywhere else in almost all situations Thais don't seem to be in that big of a hurry.

• Like 1

like my topic the other day "Thailand the land of spectacular accidents"

cars in drains, rivers, up trees, falling of bridges and now out of parking buildings.

damn my heart rate is up just reading this

• Like 1

Incidents like this happens in first world western nations too, people are quick to jump into conclusion that she cannot drive. There are people who can't drive on both sides of the ocean. Why does some find the need to point a finger at the deceased?

As this is a daily event in Thailand....

Incidents like this happens in first world western nations too, people are quick to jump into conclusion that she cannot drive. There are people who can't drive on both sides of the ocean. Why does some find the need to point a finger at the deceased?

daily event that people crash out of parking lots in Thailand? I read the Thai papers everyday, if you say people jumping out I agree, but falling from a car from parking buildings...no

daily event that people crash out of parking lots in Thailand? I read the Thai papers everyday, if you say people jumping out I agree, but falling from a car from parking buildings...no

Perhaps he meant falling off from elevated positions, and buildings being one of them.

Elevated highways and their ramps is another.

• 4 weeks later...