Hunt for woman gang leader after Italian tourist stabbed in Phuket

webfact

Hunt for woman gang leader after Italian tourist stabbed in Phuket
Darawan Naknakhon

1416978056_1-org.jpg
The sheath used to stab an Italian tourist in the arm.

PHUKET: -- Police arrested three teenagers on Tuesday (November 25) and are searching for their alleged leader, a woman, after they attempted to rob an Italian tourist and stabbed him in the arm.

At 3pm, Karon police arrested Ben (real name not disclosed) 16, Johnson (real name not disclosed) 17, Pon (real name not disclosed) 17, and seized a sheath knife.

After their arrests, the three confessed to the crime and claimed that the woman, Sukanlaya Saetio, 25, was the leader of the gang and the robbery was her idea.

Police charged all three boys with attempted robbery, using a get-away vehicle and assault with a knife.

The incident took place at around 12:30am when Herbert Wunderer, 59, and Karin Katherina, 54, were walking along the beach on their way back to their room at the Hilton Phuket Acadia Resort in Karon.

Two motorbikes suddenly approached them, and one of the riders attempted to snatch Ms Karin’s purse from her.

Mr Herbert pulled the purse back but the suspect reacted by stabbing him in the arm. The gang then then sped away towards Karon circle, without the bag.

After the incident was reported, Mr Herbert received first aid while police checked CCTV footage. They spotted four suspects on two motorbikes heading towards Chalong.

Police learned that Johnson was the one who stabbed Mr Herbert and arrested him in front of Municipal School in Phuket Town.

Police later arrested Ben and Pon at their rented room in Rassada. They are still searching for Sukanlaya who, at time of going to press, remained at large.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/three-teens-arrested-for-attempted-robbery-in-phuket-49825.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-11-26

They obviously have not watched the latest TAT video I hate Thailand about falling in love with the foreigners not stabbing or robbing them we have to love them and be so so kind to them or we will never shake off the most dangerous destination this sort of news just won’t help get us the next 25million tourists here before Christmas.

• Like 1

Is this the plot for the "I Hate Thailand" sequel ?

I was just about to jump in here myself.

When I saw that commercial I couldn't help thinking to myself that...........the average Thai is going to see that and think that it is for real and that all falang hate Thailand, so we'd better kill them where they stand.

• Like 1

You should never walk outside after midnight with a purse , bag or any valuables. You'll be an easy victim anywhere in the tourist areas .

Exactly. No purse, no target, no problem. This guy risked his life for a few used tissues a half roll of breath mints and a hotel key card. Very heroic.

Was in Phuket for the footy 7s last weekend a Farang took a battering in Bangla road on Saturday night. It looked like he'd given one of the ticket sellers a slap , I just saw about 10 Thais , men and women steam into him. I was with my 13 year old son , so I dragged him out of the way. When I turned around the Farang was up and was holding his own and it got broken up pretty quickly. What shocked me was the glee and ferocity the Thais steamed in with, looked like they were revved up waiting to steam into someone

You took your 13 year old son down Bangla Road on Saturday night............

Edited for spelling error.

Edited by RigPig
  • Like 2

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

Was in Phuket for the footy 7s last weekend a Farang took a battering in Bangla road on Saturday night. It looked like he'd given one of the ticket sellers a slap , I just saw about 10 Thais , men and women steam into him. I was with my 13 year old son , so I dragged him out of the way. When I turned around the Farang was up and was holding his own and it got broken up pretty quickly. What shocked me was the glee and ferocity the Thais steamed in with, looked like they were revved up waiting to steam into someone

You took your 13 year old son down Bangla Road on Saturday night............

Edited for spelling error.

Yep , was on the way to The islander to get dinner and watch west ham, only about 7-30

Maybe the Thais are finally getting sick and tired of the foreigners bad behavior. Sounds like this guy was,nt too bright. Lucky he was not killed.

• Like 1

In the busier tourist Resorts of Phuket and particularly Karon ... The only time you see RTPolice is at the Police Box stopping motorbikes & cars to check driving licences & not wearing crash helmets for fines ... If they were visibly present it would make tourists feel safer & also deter crime .... If only they would do their job .... If there is money involved see how quickly they get involved. They love our money but sadly not us which shows more often than not now in Thailand :-(

• Like 1

Have noticed recently a decline in tourist behaviour around the bangla area especially abusive behaviour aimed at the locals mainly from drunks even during the day. In general majority still having a good time just a few as usual spoil things.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You should never walk outside after midnight with a purse , bag or any valuables. You'll be an easy victim anywhere in the tourist areas .

```` Everybody forgets this BS happens everywhere in the World ,especially tourist areas

Patong and Bangla were normally always the places associated with fighting and this sort of stuff but Karon now has really got a bad reputation especially at night.Still hasn't regained it's reputation as the quiet part of the island for couples and older people since the Australian woman was tragically stabbed to death two years back while going back to her hotel after dinner..and this near the 5* Hilton!Worrying state of affairs and something needs to be done now by the General and his crew in Bangkok..not just clearing out Taxi and tuk tuk mafia!

You need a little common sense and caution whenever you in a new place.

So walking along the beach road,with your partner,Very romantic,as the sun goes down,Then someone comes on motorbikes to rob you.So what common sense are you talking about.Are you saying ,carry a gun.or dont go out of your hotel.And i dont know what thailand you stay.You think all crime is after 12 midnight.

• Like 1