Farang Extras Wanted!

Did this once just for one scene. It was an interesting experience. They say you shouldn't show you r face too much or they won't be able to use you in other scenes. It was a vietnam war movie. All the black guys were Nigerians from KaoSan. I would guess this is going to be something we will be renting eventually. Nicholas Cage does some pretty exciting action movies. With his Asian wife maybe he is more interested in films with a touch of Asia to them now.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you are very paranoid. I've been an extra before in Thailand. Yes, they give you food for free. It's not good but it's free, so why be picky? And sometimes it's good. They also sometimes pay for transportation.

I'm sure immigration may check work permits sometimes, 5 years ago like they said, but maybe not now. And a big production like this will probably take care of you if police did raid the place. I think the chances would be very low of getting hauled off to jail. Very low. I know lots of people doing acting/extra work in Thailand/Bangkok, and never heard of anyone getting caught by immigration police. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, though.

Also, not all are poor. I know a few guys who get 60,000-80,000 Baht a month doing acting/extra work (I got 13,000 for a part one day). You've got to get some of the main parts though, and not always extra jobs.

As for complaining about the money, 1500 is a very standard rate they pay for farang extras. And yes, some farangs do consider doing this when they have nothing to do that day. Why not get 1500 baht for not doing much? Sounds good to me if you're free that day. If you have a great job with a great salary in BKK though, don't sweat it, you don't need to do this.

Edited by Jimjim

• 4 weeks later...