Working on a tourist visa

So I we talked again and I also talked to other foreigners who they did the same with.
What they can is to put you on probation (up to 3 month?) and then simply let you fail.
Apparently there never was any problem with that.

Either way i am probably not going for it, but I will forward the PDFs to her, thanks for that!

So I we talked again and I also talked to other foreigners who they did the same with.

What they can is to put you on probation (up to 3 month?) and then simply let you fail.

If I understand this correctly, this company routinely employs foreigners for a short period without a work permit. I wonder why.

If I understand this correctly, this company routinely employs foreigners for a short period without a work permit. I wonder why.

No, they later filed for work permit and had them working there for 2 years+.

Butsome came over on a tourist visa, yes.

No, they later filed for work permit and had them working there for 2 years+.

Butsome came over on a tourist visa, yes.

Let's cut to the chase.

What exactly is the job you are being offered?

Just a comment:

I got a double entry tourist visa between work and I needed to extend on the first entry as I needed the extra time to getting all documents ready with my new workplace and the immigration officer just told me that it was no hurry to get a non-b visa as I already had a visa to Thailand and that I should use my second entry before I got a Non-B visa. When exiting and entering to activate the second entry if my visa (as the immigration officer told me that it was ok) I talked to the officers at the border point and they basically said the same thing "no problem, you already have a visa to Thailand just get a new visa before the old expire!". According to them it's not immigration who are interested if you are working or not its the labour department. But it might be different in areas with alot of foreigners, in the district (ampoe) where I live we are 4 foreigners and at the border I could only see 2 other foreigners crossing...

Either way i am probably not going for it, but I will forward the PDFs to her, thanks for that!

Again BS if you are on probation you still need a work permit.

Well yeah they want to declare the whole thing officially etc. - nothing hidden.

So it would show up somewhere anyway.

Now, once authorities might figure it out I would be home anyway, but I have no interest in that kind of trouble

They want to declare,bs.How would you know?

Many reputable prestigious schools hire teachers on tourist visas and have them start work immediately for about 6 weeks while they prepare the paperwork to get the non-b visa and later a work permit.

Technically illegal but common practice.

I've seen English summer camps give paperwork for non-b before starting short term work but the contract finishes before getting a work permit.

Maybe the government doesn't pursue if they are getting their taxes. Not the same as legal.

"Many reputable prestigious schools ..."

Define "many" and "prestigious."

It's illegal to work if you entered the country on a Tourist Visa. Not really debatable. Undoubtedly some people do it anyway and go undetected. It seems the O/P is hoping someone will say it's OK. It's not OK, but he already knew that. So it's up to him if he wants to risk it.

Most tourists aren't randomly approached by businesses that want to employ them, so presumably he came here looking for something. If his intention was to come here seeking employment and he will be looking for more opportunities, he'd probably be better off to go about it following the rules.

Basically every school and agency does that, if you don't have teaching experience here don't comment on things you don't know about.

An Assumption College school did it that way for me, you don't get much more prestigious than that.

It's totally standard practice, no risk for the school they just say they're in the process of getting the permit sorted. If you haven't noticed laws here don't work like nanny state western countries, it's about who the school knows.

OP, it's ok. Your risk of dire consequences is zero. Everything can be solved with a minor fine if it even came to that.

Whilst the risk is not great, there is a risk, and it won't be a small fine.

Labour offices do spot checks, best be legal.

If you don't have wp then she is going to use immigration as a threat incase

1. You complain about the free hours you have to do.

2. You complain about when she lower your salary.

Anything and she will threat you to kick your as out from Thailand.

That's the difference having or not having wp

If you don't have wp then she is going to use immigration as a threat incase

1. You complain about the free hours you have to do.

2. You complain about when she lower your salary.

Anything and she will threat you to kick your as out from Thailand.

That's the difference having or not having wp

Well I guess that is possible and probably what happens to many teachers and workers from Burma etc.

Edited by rideride