Former Thai Police Academy’s lecturer shot dead

webfact

Former Police Academy’s lecturer shot dead

11-27-2014-10-33-54-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A former lecturer of Sampran Police Academy was shot dead by gunmen as he was driving a car on a road in Ban Pong district of Ratchaburi on Thursday.

The former deputy commander of anti-corruption command, Pol Col Vitoon Prompravat, was shot several times and later pronounced dead after he was rushed to Ban Pong hospital. His maid who was travelling in the same car and another motorist were injured.

Police said they found 21 9mm and 11mm spent shells scattered at the scene on the road between Khao Ngoo and Berk Prai in Tambon Khum Payom.

The dead victim, said the police, complained to the military against an illegal lottery operator in Ban Pong last week and this could be one of the motives of the gun attack.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/former-police-academys-lecturer-shot-dead

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-28

>>The dead victim, said the police, complained to the military against an illegal lottery operator in Ban Pong last week and this could be one of the motives of the gun attack.<< Quote

Yeah sure man!!

How stupid do you think the public is??

21 rounds really aren't that many especially considering that there were at least 2 shooters. I can see only two places they struck the windshield. Maybe they also hit it in the side.

The 9mm had to be a handgun which takes training and practice for accuracy, and I have no idea what the 11mm was. Maybe that's about translation. The only 11mm's I'm aware of are older Japanese and Belgium rifles but where would they get ammo for them? The closest thing I know of to an 11mm handgun would be a couple of old French and German guns.

Life is cheap in Thailand.

21 rounds really aren't that many especially considering that there were at least 2 shooters. I can see only two places they struck the windshield. Maybe they also hit it in the side.

The 9mm had to be a handgun which takes training and practice for accuracy, and I have no idea what the 11mm was. Maybe that's about translation. The only 11mm's I'm aware of are older Japanese and Belgium rifles but where would they get ammo for them? The closest thing I know of to an 11mm handgun would be a couple of old French and German guns.

There are some old revolvers with 11mm, but I'd suggest they were .45 rounds (11.43×23mm) for which there are plenty of weapons out there.

RIP the victim of this shootout - hard to fight graft, when life is so cheap unsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeC.png

One of the most popular police pistols is the M1911A1 .45 ACP pistol which can be found readily and relatively cheaply in Thailand.

This also called Colt Government 11mm was carried by most Thai Police in the 80,s

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=colt+government&sa=X&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=681&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=R8d3VPjuK-e_ygPOmYG4CQ&ved=0CCgQsAQ

Here another newer Colt called : colt defender 11 mm ราคา

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=colt+defender+11+mm+%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B2&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=681&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ycZ3VLCpLsb5ygPGroEo&ved=0CCkQsAQ

Edited by sabaitoo

>>The dead victim, said the police, complained to the military against an illegal lottery operator in Ban Pong last week and this could be one of the motives of the gun attack.<< Quote

Yeah sure man!!

How stupid do you think the public is??

Better to be stupid as opposed to being bitter twisted and xenophobic
  • Like 1

11mm is a .45ACP in Thaispeak. It's not *exactly* .45ACP but close enough for the journalist to stick in for the masses.

Theoretically 9mm carbines also, but likely pistols

.45's (11.43mm) are frequenty referred to as 11mm here.

Be polite next time you buy a lottery ticket

This is the reason against reporting anything that is corrupt in Thailand , you either wake up dead or even being disappeared , this punishment is so entrenched that this is why the media in particular are shy of reporting anything or doing investigative reporting, many have done so without fear, many are not with us today, any one that stands in the way of corrupt authority will be a candidate for a violent death. Vale Vitoon - you were only doing your duty, may your passing strengthen those whose duty it is to uphold the law to rid Thailand of this scourge , my thoughts are with family and friends. RIP

Sorry to ask, but how can you "wake up dead" ? Would be good to know.....

whilst we are getting so far off the subject (poor man) is it legal for a farang to own a gas powered BB gun? is a license (wife's name) required?

One of the most popular police pistols is the M1911A1 .45 ACP pistol which can be found readily and relatively cheaply in Thailand.

This also called Colt Government 11mm was carried by most Thai Police in the 80,s

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=colt+government&sa=X&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=681&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ei=R8d3VPjuK-e_ygPOmYG4CQ&ved=0CCgQsAQ

Here another newer Colt called : colt defender 11 mm ราคา

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=colt+defender+11+mm+%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B2&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=681&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ycZ3VLCpLsb5ygPGroEo&ved=0CCkQsAQ

This is the reason against reporting anything that is corrupt in Thailand , you either wake up dead or even being disappeared , this punishment is so entrenched that this is why the media in particular are shy of reporting anything or doing investigative reporting, many have done so without fear, many are not with us today, any one that stands in the way of corrupt authority will be a candidate for a violent death. Vale Vitoon - you were only doing your duty, may your passing strengthen those whose duty it is to uphold the law to rid Thailand of this scourge , my thoughts are with family and friends. RIP

Sorry to ask, but how can you "wake up dead" ? Would be good to know.....

you go out drinking with Pattaya ladyboys