Guns and Drugs found as Region 2 Police raid Thai Pubs on Pattaya Third Road

webfact

Guns and Drugs found as Region 2 Police raid Thai Pubs on Pattaya Third Road

bar-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Guns and drugs were found during an early morning operation by Region 2 Police involving 3 Thai Pubs on Pattaya Third Road.

Over 40 Police Officers and 2 Police Dogs conducted raids on the venues in the early hours of Saturday, when each of the venues should have been closed.

At the first location 10 small bags of a white powder, thought to be Ketamine, were found concealed in a cigarette box belonging to Khun Sittichok aged 22, who was subsequently arrested.

At the second venue, three men were found to be in possession of firearms. Khun Wuttichai aged 44, Khun Wongsatid aged 35 and Khun Pariwat aged 27 were arrested and later charged with firearms offences after the weapons were found to be unlicensed.

Shisha was also being sold at the location which is not permitted without a special license which was not obtained by the Bar.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/156971/guns-and-drugs-found-as-region-2-police-raid-thai-pubs-on-pattaya-third-road/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-01

a lesson to those that want to stray to unknown Thai run pubs bars or entertainment venues - they are filled with drug taking gun toting lunatics that generally don't like falangs

I generally dislike such comments but sure as hell think you are right!

• Like 1

Thailand needs to implement the same firearms laws as in Malaysia and Singapore. In those country's guns are not much of a problem. It would be better for Thailand's overall security as well.

Wish you would have expanded on that. I'm not familiar with the laws in Malaysia or Singapore. Do they impose the death penalty for violating the gun laws? I understood the laws in Thailand are rather strict on possession and carrying firearms. On the other hand we sometimes see news stories about the police maintaining lists of 300 to 600 "known gunmen," which has always struck me as a bit odd. Apparently there is such a felt need for gunmen among middle-level businessmen and politicians that the police are pressured to not enforce the laws. How do Malaysia and Singapore deal with the similar pressures in their countries?

Its not so much about controlling the guns, but more about controlling the plebs that use them.

American firearm enthusiasts (NRA?) have a saying "Guns don't kill people - people kill people"

As a Brit who once lived in Texas and legally owned a gun - I have to agree.

But then I'm far too gentlemanly to shoot anybody until we've been introduced! whistling.gif

Its not so much about controlling the guns, but more about controlling the plebs that use them.

When you lack the means to do the latter, best resort to the former. The fewer the guns around, the fewer the killings and woundings. It's that simple. Thailand, getting more like Dodge City every day, is a good example of what happens when just about anybody can get a gun for next to nothing. And you can die for next to nothing as a result.

Disconcerting that the military, which should know more about firearms than most, is staying stum as the body count continues to mount.

Thailand needs to implement the same firearms laws as in Malaysia and Singapore. In those country's guns are not much of a problem. It would be better for Thailand's overall security as well.

Wish you would have expanded on that. I'm not familiar with the laws in Malaysia or Singapore. Do they impose the death penalty for violating the gun laws? I understood the laws in Thailand are rather strict on possession and carrying firearms. On the other hand we sometimes see news stories about the police maintaining lists of 300 to 600 "known gunmen," which has always struck me as a bit odd. Apparently there is such a felt need for gunmen among middle-level businessmen and politicians that the police are pressured to not enforce the laws. How do Malaysia and Singapore deal with the similar pressures in their countries?

Malaysia and Singapore use the British model for gun laws and enforcement, as a result they tend to have less issues. The need for "known gunmen" is not as strong in these countries, they use other thugs rather than ones with guns, although this is changing. In Singapore and to a lesser extent Malaysia the police force is relatively "clean" unlike Thailand so the pressures are not as strong.