New to Thailand ... One advice ... what would that be?

David48

From a practical point of view to a newbie.

Have full insurance.

And, be careful. Don't do anything stupid. Have a few drinks but keep your wits. You can die crossing the road, same as back home.

I am the same as David48. I help when I can and sometimes I might need help. The problem seems that in the past it was always myself and the wife helping others out but when we needed it there was no-one who had the time of day for us. To be honest, the most problems I have had since being here in Thailand has come from the foreigner side rather than Thai people. I am now quite restrained from coming into much contact with the farang in the area that I live now. It's a sad fact but true, I have people I trust and alot I do not.

• Like 2

look after your health it IS the most important thing, get good health insurance and find a good doctor you can see when you need to

enjoy yourself and understand that this isn't your country and you are not here to change it into something it is not and has never been

• Like 1

Haters are always going to hate ...

one advice for newbieS: dont belive david48 hes full of BS. alt=clap2.gif> cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

Welcome to the forum. Two days in and posting well like a troll returning banned member.

My advice would be "not every banal thought that enters your head needs to become an object of discussion on social media".

lannarebirth ... I thought you gone under. Lucky some of us keep this place ticking over. Still a year and a half from a long time member without an OP ... w00t.gif Must be a bitch not having any thoughts.

NEXT ...

• Like 1

Haters are always going to hate ...

one advice for newbieS: dont belive david48 hes full of BS. alt=clap2.gif> cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

Welcome to the forum. Two days in and posting well like a troll returning banned member.

My advice would be "not every banal thought that enters your head needs to become an object of discussion on social media".

lannarebirth ... I thought you gone under. Lucky some of us keep this place ticking over. Still a year and a half from a long time member without an OP ... w00t.gif Must be a bitch not having any thoughts.

NEXT ...

Oh David, you have an online lover. He can't keep his hands off you, lucky man.

Please keep the banter going, and make it dirty.

I know what lannarebirth is thinking.

Exactly, think with the head up top, or you'll be on here crying that she loved you then she left you for a Thai, who by the way she's probably married to anyway. Bar girl, masseuse, kareoke, hair salon, nail girl, pretty much any girl who talks to u without being formally introduced you should avoid

• Like 1

One advice for New or recently arrived Members to Thailand ... what would that be?

Don't let all the bitter old dears on Thai Visa talk you into becoming a bitter old dear. You probably came here to enjoy yourself. They won't stop until they've made you as miserable as they are.

millenials-old-lady-e1280417803329.jpg

• Like 1