Bangkok traffic police affected by numerous diseases

webfact

Bangkok traffic police affected by numerous diseases
By Digital Content

14175857199921-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 3 -- Thailand's Metropolitan Police Bureau ordered special physical health examinations for traffic police officers serving in the metro area and found that most are affected by varied diseases, leading to a bureau decision to launch a "Traffic Police Clinic" project to provide its personnel with medical treatment.

Police Deputy Commissioner Pol Maj Gen Adul Narongsak has ordered the Thai Traffic Police Office to inspect traffic officers with personal or family health problems, to bring them in for treatment and assistance under the project of "Traffic Police Clinic."

The project is aimed to assist traffic police officers facing a lack of sleep, and vehicular air pollution, both of which cause stress and other health problems.

The Metropolitan Police Bureau will officially kick off the project tomorrow at 9am at the Thai Traffic Police Office on Vibhavadi Road.

The deputy police commissioner said primary inspections have found that traffic police in Bangkok suffer hallucinations, alcoholism, heart disease, tuberculosis, cancer and bone disease. Those whom have been examined and found with such health symptoms will be brought in for treatment and would be put on recovery leave until their health improves.

Pol Maj Gen Adul said he believes there is a large number of traffic police officers with similar problems and has emphasized to concerned agencies to report in the exact figure of which personnel face such problems in order to produce a long term plan to solve the problem as the next step. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-12-03

• Like 1

I don't think they are getting TB from directing traffic somehow.

Directing traffic?!?! When do they do that? At most they blow their whistles and flap their arms (as if the cars on the highway were going to stop moving forward!), and of course they go off duty after dark and don't wake up until 9ish, so the time when they could be doing something useful is limited.

I feel sorry for any traffic police who have to work in polluted air.

Bangkok is a place where I can stay for a month and not get a sun burn

on most days, Beijing and Shanghai are like that a lot of the time as well

especially when their air quality is poor.

I have seen days in Bangkok when I wore a face mask and stayed out doors

for the least time possible, I can just imagine what stuff the poor

police, and street workers suffered with during those days.

For any of you who think they have an easy job, you are fooling your selves.

You all should be thankful that your work places are much better.

Not all of these officers just sit in their traffic shelters, I have seen many

on the street, directing traffic for long periods at a time.

My hat is off to all of them.

Stargeezer

Hopefully they will be treated for:

1. Psychological problems, such as their need to play with the traffic lights to see how long a queue they can achieve when bored.

2. Temporary blindness which occurs when a fistful of B100 notes are flashed in front of them.

3. Kleptomania, which seems to be a disease that affects the higher ranks, as in the case of Pongpat Chaiyapan, former C.i.B. Chief.

Whilst I have some sympathy with anyone who works in the Bangkok traffic, I do however feel they should not wear face masks and full facial masks with peep holes for the eyes and mouth. Having spoken with Policeman of high rank they don not class those on traffic as 'real police' and more like traffic wardens. I am sure the Police Authorities could make it safer for those who are on the streets.

I don't see many police on the streets directing traffic for too long, usually at rush hour time. When it rains they disappear and become invisible.

I don't have any sympathy for them at all. They are only there because they WANT to be there! How else can they earn money!? They belong off the street and let the traffic lights do the work. open all the intersections that they block bc they don't know their ass fromm their elbow, let the traffic lights do what they do and things will be better immediately!