mistake withdraw 2000B from 800000B

Went to retirement extension yesterday. It is alright, got another year extension. As advice from Mario2008, I explain it to the officer that the daily amount was not below 800,000 baht.

Mario 2008, thanks a lotwai.gif

Simple solution getting married asap, then you have to show only 400.000.

Problem solved clap2.gif

Or 800K if you want to walk in and get a Marry Extension on the Spot. Without 800 K you are under review, and one has to go back later im told.

• Like 1

Happened to a friend here in Udon Thani a few years ago. His wife withdrew funds from the wrong account, it was a few days before the mistake was found and corrected.

Bottom line, the Immigration office gave him an interim extension to cover the additional time required to gain the three month requirement. No big deal other than to cost him an additional 1900 baht.

That would have been a 60 day extension to visit his Thai wife, and it wouldn't work for the OP as he is here on a retirement extension and (probably) doesn't have a Thai wife.

To the OP: Is this your only account? If you have another account with a few thousand Baht in it, you could apply using both accounts.

Sophon

No, the guy has been here on a retirement extension for some 15 years. They gave him a supplementary retirement visa similar to the extension for marriage visa where it can take up to 2 months to get approved.

They can give him the "wife extension" 60 days even if he is here on a retirement extension (assuming , of course, that his wife is Thai). There are no other extension they can give him when here on an retirement extension other than the 7 day "refused extension" to pack up and get out of Thailand.

If they really gave him an under consideration stamp to get his funds seasoned, that would be something new and definitely not something you can count on happening. There have been many reports here on TV about people having messed up the seasoning requirement, and having to start over again with a new visa. It would be interesting if you could post a photo/scan of the stamp he got, but I realize that might not be possible (since it's not your passport).

Sophon

I have reconfirmed with the guy, he paid 1900 Baht for a "Retirement Extension" of 30 days (that covered the 3 weeks he was missing due to the error) to his NON "O" visa and when he went back again to extend they gave him 12 months from the expiry of the supplementary visa.

Sorry I can't explain it any better than that!

Went to retirement extension yesterday. It is alright, got another year extension. As advice from Mario2008, I explain it to the officer that the daily amount was not below 800,000 baht.

Mario 2008, thanks a lotwai.gif

Simple solution getting married asap, then you have to show only 400.000.

Problem solved clap2.gif

Or 800K if you want to walk in and get a Marry Extension on the Spot. Without 800 K you are under review, and one has to go back later im told.

I would call this "capriciousness"

Take the 800k baht card out of your wallet and never use it???????

The idea with the retirement, and the wifey 400k, is to use that money to live on and thus draw down over the year. To leave 800k on the nose without touching it kind of suggests you are getting money from elsewhere (possibly here). Some people get mixed up with this. Bottom line: do not spend below the 800/400k threshold until extension is granted, yes, but you are free to spend as much as you like under that amount after extension is granted and continue to do so as long as the balance is 800k and up 3 months prior to the following extension.

Regards op, I don't think there'll be an issue; just smile and say what happened. Have more than 800 next year.

Round up to a million baht and you won't have these problems.

PS: When applying for an extension based on retirement and using the money in the bank method, how does one document the balance for the preceding 2 or 3 months was at or above the 800k figure? Do you have the bank print out a daily balance report for the period or do you just show ones bank book showing the amount via passbook update entries for a few days each month prior to applying and on the application day or what?

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

bad idea to have an ATM card attached to the account with 800k in it

a..u mistakenly withdrew money from it

b...card fraud and skimming of ATM accounts is rife and there is no comeback like in the west...with a savings account and no ATM u have to present yourself at the cashiers desk with passport and sign to get money

As to "b," complete non-sense. Do you actually have a Thai bank account? Do you know all the security features that are standard on accounts with ATM cards in Thailand? Do you know that if you are so paranoid about "fraud" or think you may be so stupid to use an ATM with a skimmer on it you can set your daily withdrawal limit at 500, 1000, or even less? Please cease and desist from repeating ad-nauseum uninformed opinions about the security of Thai bank accounts and/or ATM cards.

• Like 1

I find it confusing in that some people suggest leaving the 800,000 in a fixed term account & not touching it. What are you living off here in Thailand. If you had other income coming in, that would then have to be shown that it comes from overseas YES or NO? I ask this because if I was an Immigration Officer & I saw a book with no withdrawals I would ask "what are you living on. Are you working here illegally?"

I find it confusing in that some people suggest leaving the 800,000 in a fixed term account & not touching it. What are you living off here in Thailand. If you had other income coming in, that would then have to be shown that it comes from overseas YES or NO? I ask this because if I was an Immigration Officer & I saw a book with no withdrawals I would ask "what are you living on. Are you working here illegally?"

Indeed, they might ask that and certainly are within their rights to ask that. In which case I assume people would have an answer. Another Thai bank account. ATM withdraws from an external account, etc.

Of course, they're the boss ... they can ask anything they like. True story ... my very first visit for a retirement extension I was rudely asked: is this really your passport? I kid you not.

Edited by Jingthing