Myanmar men to stand trial for British tourist murders on Koh Tao

webfact

Never was their DNA tested prior to it coming back as a match. As explained numerous times as well as reported in the press, the police collected hundreds of samples and caused a huge backlog in testing at the labs. As they focused on particular suspects they would make checking theirs a priority and jump ahead in the queue. NEVER EVER has it been suggested or reported that a test was run that showed their DNA didn't match. And best I have seen there has been no explanation from the defense side as to why their semen would be in one of the victims or an accusation the DNA match was made up. As for contamination at the scene -- it cannot explain why their semen would be in one of the victims regardless of how many reporters or others were at the crime scene. "Contamination" would have to be a purposeful act of somebody having their semen and placing it in the victim early on in the first day of the investigation .. if the police did such a thing then they would not have gone out of their way to publicly accuse, and then have to admit being wrong about, those they accused early on including the farang friend and the son of the headsman.

I recently read this in an article about adoptions of children from Central America, the section in bold is I think quite relevant in this case:

"The DNA test was administered in July. Documents show that Karens cheek was swabbed, and that the sample was then compared with one from her mother Felicitas cheek. The DNA comparison test, first put into place in 1995, was supposed to be a fool-proof fraud detector that verified whether a woman relinquishing a child was indeed biologically related to that child. A strict protocol instituted by the US Embassy mandated how the samples were drawn, handled, and shipped to pre-approved American laboratories that performed the actual testing. That way, it was thought, no one could tamper with the samples."

Did it come up with you already that we are in Thailand and not the US ?

Quite obvious. What has that got to do with the credibility of the post?

The poster is just commenting on the way human error or tampering can affect a result.

Your posts all day have consisted of these nonsical replies. If you are going to join the debate please try to make a decent comment without trying to mock posters or give silly retorts.

What is silly about my reply, you want to suggest that the DNA samples weren't correct drawn, handled or sent to Thailand approved laboratories, or that they have to be sent to US approved laboratories to be legal?

Reports say they didn't have the correct gloves. Photos showing bar owners crossing a secured area.

The poster previously mentioned the possibility of human error which I was reiterating.

The stupid part was claiming that it was in Thailand and not the US. Obvious and pedantic.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Willy Eckerslike, on 04 Dec 2014 - 06:34, said:

Any News from Samui?

Only the following tweets from Jonathan Head where he said:

Complete fiasco at Koh Samui court for #kohtao murder. Prosecutor presented charges but 2 Burmese suspects not there to hear them.

and

No explanation why court in #kohtao murder failed to bring suspects to hear charges. Prosecutn case rushed through 3 hrs earlier than sched.