Volvo xc60 or bmw x3

jonnyscot

I just paid the deposit for a new 2015 X3- always wanted to own a bmw, finally been able to make that happen. Definitely for me the name, comfort and quality are higher than the VW. I also bought the self parking option- you press a button and the car parallel parks itself (takes over steering wheel and peddles)- my wife didnt want me to pay extra for it and their options, but boys and their toys etc.

I also heard that the BMW gets twice the miles to the gallon of the fortuner on eco mode.

Congrats on your new ride! What trim level did you get? Did you order it at the auto show, if so, we're their any incentives?

From what I have gathered, the changes to the X3 are mainly cosmetic exterior ones...is that your impression? Is BMW still offering the 3+3 service inclusive on the X3 for 2015 models or only for any remaining 2014s?

For my money, I think the X3 is the best looking SUV in the Thai market. Enjoy your new purchase.

see

I got wood trim. Bought it through head office in Bangkok since we are getting it made to order. Yes mainly cosmetic changes except now you have option for two wheel drive which reduces the price. I'm not sure what the 3+3 service is. We are getting the BIS 5 yr free service and spare parts thing.

Made to order? Is that a CBU? May I ask about the details like spec and price?

CBU - Completely Build Unit - Import, higher taxes

CKD - Completely Knocked Down - Assembled locally, lower taxes
Edited by mortenaa

• 2 weeks later...

CBU - Completely Build Unit - Import, higher taxes

CKD - Completely Knocked Down - Assembled locally, lower taxes

It would be classified as a CBU- being built from scratch in California BMW factory......

Ok. May I ask how much you had to pay for the car?

• 3 months later...

Just returned to update my OP to report I waited a bit longer but eventually ordered the Volvo XC 60 at this recent motor show, after a bit of haggling between the bmw stand and Volvo, tried them out for test drives and even was offered some attractive options for ex demo motors (in volvos case saving approx600k) for a 4 month old 3k km's diesel demo motor, Lexus also had a nice looking SUV on their stand that was within our price range but was quickly dropped due to the 1 year waiting list (yes 1 year) but eventually opted surprisingly for the Volvo XC60 but in the petrol version, very smooth running motor and as is norm for Volvo, loaded with safety features plus 5 years maintenance, warranty 3 years and 24hour roadside assistance.

Oh additionally I was offered 320k - 340k from the dealership to trade in the 7 plus year old vigo, but instead advertised on a Thai language classifieds website for 400k and she sold in less than 24 hours. We picked up our new Volvo from the dealership yesterday,

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My wife have an older French friend in Chiang Rai that just got a new Volvo SUV, and had before the BMW that still for sale. He bought brand new 5 years ago for over 3.000.000, white color, light brown leather, top of the line, 10 air bags, new tires, with 58000 miles, perfect condition, all dealer records. He is asking 1.300.000 for the BMW and cannot find buyer. Interested? Let me know.....

My wife have an older French friend in Chiang Rai that just got a new Volvo SUV, and had before the BMW that still for sale. He bought brand new 5 years ago for over 3.000.000, white color, light brown leather, top of the line, 10 air bags, new tires, with 58000 miles, perfect condition, all dealer records. He is asking 1.300.000 for the BMW and cannot find buyer. Interested? Let me know.....

Sent you PM.