Cosseted Farang Husbands and Their Thai Wives

Beetlejuice

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it ain't broke why fix it? I am perfectly happy to let my G/F do everything when we are in China, essentially her patch. In Thailand or anywhere else we pitch in together and manage adequately. Isn't that what a partnership is about no matter what are the vews of other people?

• Like 2

Part of Seajae 's Post

"I have a lot of trouble understanding thai, due to certain medications I have been on for many years I have a learning disability so I am only able to say basic things and cannot remember what a lot of it means. I still do all my own shopping, drive/ride around and have no worries being by myself."

What a great post seajae and your medications did not interfere with what you were writing about.

I am sure that BJs thread is a windup but then again I am am guilty, when under the influence of being a little Trollish in my missives!

Those who sit in public judgement of others are seldom on the moral high ground, and are much more akin to harbouring their own deep rooted insufficiencies that they prefer to hide behind that facade of a self righteous stone thrower.

I would start worrying more about your own faults rather than preoccupying yourself with other people's lives.

Not making judgements only curious as to why so many farang guys get themselves into situations where they have to rely on Thais to take care of them and run all their affairs in Thailand. I know one Canadian guy, that after his Thai wife died about a year ago, he became like a fish out of water.

I also see this a lot when out, in banks, post offices and so on, where the Thai wife or partner is doing all the business and the farang just sitting there looking lost and bewildered with the Thai wife having to do the explaining and translating between the parties.

You know BJ sometimes you make some great posts that are a joy but on this one you sound like a very jealous individual (substitute individual for an expletive that is not allowed on here ) who has lost the plot!

Are you working for Thai Visa in a capacity to stimulate more posters?

You also talk complete garbage when you have the audacity to mention the Canadian guy who lost his wife and was like a fish out of water, obviously you have never had deep loving feelings for anyone else or you would not write such crap!

I concur with Rustbuckets observation of you and think that maybe it is you who has the problem here and not the cosseted Farang husband that happily I am one of.

My Mrs is a

Great negotiator

Fantastic cook Western and Thai

Won't have a credit card

Saves money at every opportunity

Saves me from making a fool of myself many times a week

Great organiser.

Treat me like a King

Cuddles up to me at night even when we may have had or are in the middle of a row.

Insisted on both she and me making wills (Everything, house car, motorbike in her name)

After 50 plus years business and of being in charge I am happy to let her do all that she is capable of doing and she may even be doing it better than I could. ( Oh the shame)

You see BJ I dont see it as a threat to my manhood letting her take charge of my affairs and after ten years of being married to her I couldn't be happier that I have such a loving, honest and competent wife who places me above her own interest.

I of course respond in a similar manner, I wash up, take care of all the outside cleaning and do not include her territory

If you feel that my manhood is in question then you are a fool but then again maybe you have an axe to grind, who knows why sensible men occasionally write such drivel as you did in this thread

My wife and I also have a great relationship. We have been married for 34 years. She does an awful lot for me and vice versa and if anything did happen to her I would be broken hearted, of course I would.

My thread here has nothing to do with manhood, I am talking about being able to manage one`s own affairs in Thailand without having to totally rely on a Thai partner IF NEED BE.OR THE CRUNCH CAME TO THE CRUNCH.

My thread here has nothing to do with manhood, I am talking about being able to manage one`s own affairs in Thailand without having to totally rely on a Thai partner IF NEED BE.OR THE CRUNCH CAME TO THE CRUNCH.

How totally disingenuous you are in your claim that you aren't about impugning anyone's manhood when your own OP states very clearly,

"... These guys appear to be rather pathetic individuals. Like little boys who need to be lead by the hand."

I guess being able to buy your own pampers does lend one a sense of superiority.

What brand do you recommend?

post-179267-0-25661400-1417716706_thumb. My kids really liked them.

I would say these were totally judgements of others.

You seem to forget that a lot of these farangs are out of their cultural loop. I for one will never understand how Thais think about certain things. Nor will I ever totally get to grips with the Thai way of doing certain things. also my wife knows this and PREFERS to take over with certain things.

I a with the other poster here.... I speak a bit of Thai but am never fully confident that what I am saying is what a Thai is hearing. My wife is fluent and always ends up taking over whether I like it or not. Things get done more efficiently that way, so why struggle doing things the hard way?... After all isn't that what farangs do best.... efficiency?

And that`s my point, so how would you manage if your Thai wife for one reason or another was not around anymore?

Find another one! same as they would find another provider,and that's the part you didn't understand,it's a two way deal!

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1

I would say these were totally judgements of others.

You seem to forget that a lot of these farangs are out of their cultural loop. I for one will never understand how Thais think about certain things. Nor will I ever totally get to grips with the Thai way of doing certain things. also my wife knows this and PREFERS to take over with certain things.

I a with the other poster here.... I speak a bit of Thai but am never fully confident that what I am saying is what a Thai is hearing. My wife is fluent and always ends up taking over whether I like it or not. Things get done more efficiently that way, so why struggle doing things the hard way?... After all isn't that what farangs do best.... efficiency?

And that`s my point, so how would you manage if your Thai wife for one reason or another was not around anymore?

Find another one! same as they would find another provider,and that's the part you didn't understand,it's a two way deal!

Another one showing what balls he has!

I dont want another one, I love and appreciate the one that I have,

Without her (At my age) I dont think that I would wish to live in this combative age especially in Pattaya where I may not in any event ever be so lucky to find a lady like my Mrs

Anyway

She is not a commodity

She Is not a whore

She is my partner, friend and ally

There isn't another like her

I could go on and on but I know that I should be ignoring such waffle as yours and BJs but I always was one for a challenge

You and BJ I suspect are bored and have decided to liven things up a bit,

OK you succeeded now stop being completely ridiculous, and immature and find a good topic where we can have a sensible discussion because on this topic you are so seriously unknowlegable that its you two who are looking like children and also talking as though you have never had any deep relation with anyone,

if you had you would know where normal people are coming from who have dissented in this thread

• Like 1

I would say it is fifty-fifty between Mrs Possum and myself, I do a lot for myself (Mrs Possum works) I can speak Thai but not in conversation, I can ask for things, tell them things etc, but my biggest problem is understanding Thais when they speak to me.

Even Thais who can speak English, most of them use about 100 words when 20 is enough, a lot of times, I can understand every word they say, but not what they mean.

• Like 1

this observation is nothing per se to do with thailand or marrying thai a woman.

i spend time every year working in academic management the UK. i am often stunned by the way my staff behave; their negative attitude to work and life, avoidance of responsibility and their apparent inability to be able to function in what would be considered a basically normal way.

how such people manage to manage their lives never ceases to amaze me.

I work offshore and on the rigs a lot of the lads uk or expat cant even make themselves a cup of tea.

The older gadgies are worse as their missus has done everything but wipe their bum.

I can do a lot here. Its easy when you find your feet. The missus still does the majority. Great.

This has a lot to with the subservient attitude and notions that many farangs has imbedded in their

psyche that Thai people and Thai women in particular are there to be obedient and serve,

at least that was the general thinking until not very long ago.. did it change? I'm not so sure..

• Like 1

I do hope you aren't saying, I learned Thai, so everyone else should?

Personally, since my Thai is near non-existent, and doesn't seem to be improving, my Mrs is glad to take care of a lot of the administrative type of issues, renewing car tax, lost mail etc. I do my visa stuff myself. I do see the type you mention, who let the Mrs do everything, like getting them money from the ATM.unsure.png

You are correct to any aspect in your OP, Beetlejuice!

I am always at awe when I see those pussy-whimps...

The man needs to be in charge, over finances, negotiations, etc. and has to keep his freedom and independence to a certain level. The people you described are the spineless losers who usually fly back home, broke, battered and heartbroken to then blame their own shortcomings on the Thai girls and Thais in general. They sicken me!

I just LOVE the threads that begin with "I've been in Thailand for xx years"

/sacasm

...hhhmmm, and that is because you are living here only for e few months, a year at best or what is your reason for ridiculing years of real life experience?

For example - I'm here for almost 24 years. What do you have to offer?

...and it's sarcasm, no sacasm - swithcing on your brain before typing would help.

Edited by catweazle

I do hope you aren't saying, I learned Thai, so everyone else should?

Personally, since my Thai is near non-existent, and doesn't seem to be improving, my Mrs is glad to take care of a lot of the administrative type of issues, renewing car tax, lost mail etc. I do my visa stuff myself. I do see the type you mention, who let the Mrs do everything, like getting them money from the ATM.unsure.png

Learning the language if you live, work/retire in any foreign country is not an option, it is a MUST! Not learning the language of your host country is the first and most annoying display of superficiality and ignorance to any host. I have heard so many excuses why foreigners here are unable to manage learning Thai, that it makes me sick to my stomach. In my opinion, it would be great if basic command of spoken Thai would be a visa requirement for any Thailand visa other than tourist. There you have it!

So many expats in Thailand whine in forums about not being respected - if you want respect, you have to earn it, and the forst step to do that would be to learn the language of the country you chose as a home.

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 2

I just LOVE the threads that begin with "I've been in Thailand for xx years"

/sacasm

...hhhmmm, and that is because you are living here only for e few months, a year at best or what is your reason for ridiculing years of real life experience?

For example - I'm here for almost 24 years. What do you have to offer?

...and it's sarcasm, no sacasm - swithcing on your brain before typing would help.

Because so many people say it as if it's a pissing contest. Like others should respect their opinions more.

I wouldn't respect someone's opinion from my home country simply because they've lived there a long time.

• Like 2

AS the Sun rises in the sky

the grumpy and frustrated immature half wits start to vent their frustrations out on an unsuspecting forum.

As this thread has now deteriorated I will say no more on this topic other than your Avatar, catweazle, seems to be 100% appropriate to and in accord with what you write!

• Like 1