90 Day report & extension of stay for Retirement

Did my 90 day report on Tuesday took all of three minutes from the time I walked in the door at Jomtien Immigration, the system is easy and quick now, back to the front counter got ticket for my extension of stay for retirement look at the ticket number on the indicator my number already on the indicator no waiting, took another five minutes then finished, told to pick up my Passport after 10.00 am the next morning, could not be any easier, coming back the next day is a very small inconvenience but I think it is a great service and always treated with respect by the officers, it will do me.

• Like 1

I did an extension of stay in Bangkok last week. It took all afternoon one day, then I had to come back with a more detailed bank statement showing all transactions, and waiting an additional 2-3 hours the next morning. 3 different Immigration officers checked my passport very carefully. It was quite a contrast to last year when it took 20 minutes from when I got in the queue until I was given the extension stamp. I do 90 day reporting by registered mail. I know it's not a problem in Jomtien but it takes a while to get to Chaeng Wattana.

It's a good idea to keep updating your passbook during the 3 months prior to going for the extension.

...back to the front counter got ticket for my extension of stay for retirement look at the ticket number on the indicator my number already on the indicator no waiting, took another five minutes then finished ...

Merlen, nice to know all went smoothly and quickly. That's always been my experience at Jomtien too.

Regarding the retirement extension renewal, did you go under 30 days before your current extension expires or more than 30 days? In previous years I've gone in closer to 45 days before and not had a problem, but rumor has it that the maximum now is 30 days.

Thanks

Edited by Suradit69