Russians arrested as District Officers raid illegally run Pattaya Tour Companies

webfact

Russians arrested as District Officers raid illegally run Pattaya Tour Companies

tour-7.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Late on Thursday Night, Government Officers from the Banglamung District Administration, with the assistance of the Thai Army, conducted raids on 4 Tour Companies in Pattaya and arrested 6 Russians who were suspected of working without Work Permits.

In each case a Russian was used, armed with marked bank notes, who would purchase tour packages from the illegal foreign workers. As soon as the transaction was complete, officers would move in and recover the marked notes as evidence of the Russians working illegally.

The Tour Companies visited during the night’s operation were: SS2007, 7 Tour, Rattana Tour and Sanyar Tour. A total of 6 Russian nationals were detained and initially taken to the Banglamung District Office.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/157841/russians-arrested-as-district-officers-raid-illegally-run-pattaya-tour-companies/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-05

Simple answer to this. Do not let Russian tourists come to Thailand unless they can speak Thai or English. Or teach Thais to speak Russian overnight.

Even simpler idea get rusians work permits to work in the tour office not as a tour guide but to work at the counter. as long as theyhave a work permit and are not here on a ED visa they should be ok

• Like 1

Simple answer to this. Do not let Russian tourists come to Thailand unless they can speak Thai or English. Or teach Thais to speak Russian overnight.

Even simpler idea get rusians work permits to work in the tour office not as a tour guide but to work at the counter. as long as theyhave a work permit and are not here on a ED visa they should be ok

The problem is that while on a tour the Russians cannot understand the Thai guide.

Ban Russians from the tour maybe another answer after they have paid for it? 555

The Russians have definitely made a big impact on Thailand. Restaurant menus everywhere in Russian, even in the market! Everywhere I go I'm spoken to in Russian by Thais, which does annoy me I must say! I'm surprised the Thais have picked the lingo up so quickly! Although how long will it last, is the bubble about to burst with the Russian rouble having lost a quarter of its worth over the last few months ?

• Like 1

Would like to take a detour with the blond Lassie standing there...

BTW, why do they never take on illegal local tour companies... sorry, stupid question facepalm.gif

That is a 30 minute tour. She has a nice face but the rest is too stout for my touring tastes.

Is just a message to the Russians to shut up about the crash on Sukhumvit the other night is my first thought. A bahtbus loaded with Russians got crashed into on Sukhumvit , the driver of the crash vehicle hasn't been brought to justice yet and the Russians are asking for justice of sorts.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Now Russians are being used to set up and catch their own. How sad is that?

Just about as sad as police volunteers doing exactly the same thing against their own for the last decade or so.

Some people would call that collaboration, but by definition, that would be considering the police as an enemy force.

Not sure about that.......................wink.png

To me they are just gits.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The Russians have definitely made a big impact on Thailand. Restaurant menus everywhere in Russian, even in the market! Everywhere I go I'm spoken to in Russian by Thais, which does annoy me I must say! I'm surprised the Thais have picked the lingo up so quickly! Although how long will it last, is the bubble about to burst with the Russian rouble having lost a quarter of its worth over the last few months ?

having lost a quarter of its worth over the last few months would be very desirable. It is more like 40% and will get worse. Bye Bye Russians.coffee1.gif

Why would this surprise anyone? We have Russian elementary schools, Russian Ballet schools, a Pattaya beauty contest titled Miss International Russian in Thailand or something like that. The Bangkok Symphony Orchestra just held a special performance honoring Russian composers to pay tribute to our Russian guests. Do any of the younger Russians have valid visas, work permits, etc.? Lots of them in the gym long-term that do not physically appear to be employed or employable. Does anyone think they give a damn about being legal? Putin will sail a battleship into the bay if they are picked on too much.

• Like 1

A well known Language school (whose 'spokesperson' regularly spouts on here ) is usually chock with Russians .

Some very nice eye candy for the shallow amongst us.

Seriously though advocating keep out unless you can speak Thai or English....

Bet you love 'last night at the proms' and hum 'Jerusalem' as walk round Big C

A well known Language school (whose 'spokesperson' regularly spouts on here ) is usually chock with Russians .

Some very nice eye candy for the shallow amongst us.

Seriously though advocating keep out unless you can speak Thai or English....

Bet you love 'last night at the proms' and hum 'Jerusalem' as walk round Big C

You totally missed the point of my post..