Didn't realise the Triton was as big as it is.

giddyup

I bought the 2014 Triton because I thought it was the smaller of all the pickups, but I measured it in comparison to my 2004 Isuzu D Max and it's actually 30cm longer and over 20cm wider. Haven't picked it up yet (tray liner etc to be installed) but I know it's going to be a tighter squeeze in my carport.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Homework................whistling.gif .....................facepalm.gif .........................smile.png

You rascal, didn't do it eh..........rolleyes.gif

You're right, I didn't measure it first, but it will still fit. I don't think there's anything smaller in a pickup now anyway and I wasn't going to buy a sedan. Driving back from Rayong yesterday I hit a stretch of road that would have shaken my previous car (Jazz) to pieces.

• Like 1

Homework................whistling.gif .....................facepalm.gif .........................smile.png

You're right, I didn't measure it first, but it will still fit. I don't think there's anything smaller in a pickup now anyway and I wasn't going to buy a sedan. Driving back from Rayong yesterday I hit a stretch of road that would have shaken my previous car (Jazz) to pieces.

Thats where we truck guys can smile all the way home........AND get there............laugh.png

Thats where we truck guys can smile all the way home........AND get there............laugh.png

Yep the Trucks O.K, its the passengers that get rattled to pieces. I got a lift home in a new D Max, no kid.sad.png , never again,ill get a Toyo Altis Taxi sod the 700Bht

• Like 2

Yep the Trucks O.K, its the passengers that get rattled to pieces. I got a lift home in a new D Max, no kid.sad.png , never again,ill get a Toyo Altis Taxi sod the 700Bht

Should have took a Toyo truck mate.............laugh.png

The stiffer suspension and lighter rear end on trucks is more compliant then a car?? facepalm.gifNot to the passengers unless you have a load of horse or cow manure in the back. Hmmmm. coffee1.gif

Edited by WarpSpeed

The stiffer suspension and lighter rear end on trucks is more compliant then a car?? facepalm.gifNot to the passengers unless you have a load of horse or cow manure in the back. Hmmmm. coffee1.gif

I was talking about the pickup taking punishment that would have the average sedan in pieces, didn't mention comfort.

• Like 1

The Toyota Sedans seems to be as indestructible as their Trucks. Same with those Mitsues. Be nice to read a passengers report, not just the biased owner driver. My Hell Ride was in the rear of the Truck. Sitting on a bench supplied by Mom N Pops table maker.No legroom, cant see out due to tombstone front seats and black widow tint ,like being captured by Islamic Nutters.coffee1.gifbiggrin.png

Yeah I'd like to see the "road" (not a path mind) that a car can't handle in Thailand?

The Toyota Sedans seems to be as indestructible as their Trucks. Same with those Mitsues. Be nice to read a passengers report, not just the biased owner driver. My Hell Ride was in the rear of the Truck. Sitting on a bench supplied by Mom N Pops table maker.No legroom, cant see out due to tombstone front seats and black widow tint ,like being captured by Islamic Nutters.coffee1.gifbiggrin.png

Yeah I'd like to see the "road" (not a path mind) that a car can't handle in Thailand?

The reason I got rid of my previous vehicle, a Honda Jazz, was because I'd bottomed it out in several deep potholes around the area I live, which is suburban sealed roads, not goat tracks. Fortunately I didn't do any major damage, but it was only a question of time before I either damaged the suspension or took out the mufflers, but if you want to believe that a car will handle anything that a pickup will, be my guest.

• Like 2

The reason I got rid of my previous vehicle, a Honda Jazz, was because I'd bottomed it out in several deep potholes around the area I live, which is suburban sealed roads, not goat tracks. Fortunately I didn't do any major damage, but it was only a question of time before I either damaged the suspension or took out the mufflers, but if you want to believe that a car will handle anything that a pickup will, be my guest.

I just love when people misquote me for their own purposes in an attempt to be conflicting, where did I say that a car could handle anything a truck can? Don't misquote me...

I just love when people misquote me for their own purposes in an attempt to be conflicting, where did I say that a car could handle anything a truck can? Don't misquote me...

But you are saying that a car can handle any road in Thailand? I'm not being conflicting, I just wonder how you can make such a blanket statement when I already said I got rid of the Jazz because it couldn't handle local (sealed) roads.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

Because what you described was exactly what I preempted in my post and decide to make an issue out of instead. Really it isn't much more then a trail if it has pot holes THAT in it.. I drove all over Phuket and surrounding areas all around Bangkok and up country and all the way from Phuket to Bangkok and back several times and many other places and never ran into a "road" that my car, with a heavy Lp tank in the trunk and 4 people in the car could't handle without bottoming out or whatever. Granted I didn't drive through big potholes, I usually drove around them, maybe that's the major difference?

Edited by WarpSpeed

Because what you described was exactly what I preempted in my post and decide to make an issue out of instead. Really it isn't much more then a trail if it has pot holes THAT in it.. I drove all over Phuket and surrounding areas all around Bangkok and up country and all the way from Phuket to Bangkok and back several times and many other places and never ran into a "road" that my car, with a heavy Lp tank in the trunk and 4 people in the car could't handle without bottoming out or whatever. Granted I didn't drive through big potholes, I usually drove around them, maybe that's the major difference?

OK, you've never had a problem, I have, and it wasn't because I saw a pothole and aimed for it with the express purpose of damaging my car. I know what suits my needs and handles the road conditions best in the area I live, and it ain't a car.

• Like 1

Have you ever driven up in Isaan on B roads,,?

Obviously no cos you would have a shock at some of the stuff we deal with.......

• Like 1

Obviously no cos you would have a shock at some of the stuff we deal with.......

I have driven those roads and know exactly what you mean. When you are driving at 100klm/h on a road that has more potholes than tarmac, I'd like to know exactly how to avoid them, perhaps switch to hovercraft mode?

Edited by giddyup

I have driven those roads and know exactly what you mean. When you are driving at 100klm/h on a road that has more potholes than tarmac, I'd like to know exactly how to avoid them, perhaps switch to hovercraft mode?

I'd say you are speeding.

Unexpected potholes are much more of a problem IMO.

• Like 1

100 klms/h driving in Isaan? I'm the slowest vehicle on the road. It's a long drive to Yasothon at 60 klms/h.

• Like 2

100 klms/h driving in Isaan? I'm the slowest vehicle on the road. It's a long drive to Yasothon at 60 klms/h.

I'm in Isaan quite often, and am usually the fastest car on the road, 80-90 on 2 lane roads and 100 on 4 lane roads. I have not seen roads as bad as you describe, but if the road really 'has more potholes than tarmac' I don't care how fast others are driving, but 100 km/h is simply way, way too fast. No matter the car.

• Like 1

Am i the only one who went looking for rough tracks just because id bought a 4W.D..?.. My Wife can get a Uni Mog stuck in Big C Car park.If yer cant avoid potholes its time for a refresher course, or Eye Test.

In the dark, noooooooooo street lights, whistling.gif .

Even in the day light, if you have oncoming traffic or one is being over taken it is at times is impossible to avoid stuff. Been here a while and know mon ami..........sad.png

• Like 2

Am i the only one who went looking for rough tracks just because id bought a 4W.D..?.. My Wife can get a Uni Mog stuck in Big C Car park.If yer cant avoid potholes its time for a refresher course, or Eye Test.

In the dark, noooooooooo street lights, whistling.gif .

Even in the day light, if you have oncoming traffic or one is being over taken it is at times is impossible to avoid stuff. Been here a while and know mon ami..........sad.png

Why do people insist on this obvious but unrealistic solution? Avoid the potholes, and if you hit one it's time for an eye test? How bloody stupid. No one sets out to hit potholes, but there's any number of factors that can cause you to hit one, bad lighting, sun in your eyes, blinded by oncoming traffic hi beams, overtaking and no time to take evasive action etc, but it seems we have some world class rally drivers with experienced co-pilots at the wheel posting here..

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 2

Perhaps some of us get tired of folks trying to justify their choice. Eco Drivers dont, only 4WD Clonkers do. Just enjoy yore ride .cheesy.gif .Anyway its Beer Time.drunk.gif

Not as tired as I get hearing from people who never hit a pothole.