Family of Brits murdered in Thailand say evidence convincing

Lite Beer

Credit to (https://twitter.com/Atomicalandy)

STATEMENTS FROM FAMILY OF KOH TAO CASE VICTIMS

Both families call for a 'fair and transparent' trial for the accused and justice to be done in the case. It's an important beneficial statement that also supports the work the defense team are doing here in Thailand. Our aim is to ensure a fair trial and justice in the case.

Here are the statements from both Familys .... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152642326445677&id=675065676&ref=bookmark

"It's an important beneficial statement that also supports the work the defense team are doing here in Thailand. Our aim is to ensure a fair trial and justice in the case." Quote

To all the posters here having a go at the "conspiracy theorists" on this thread, try to read the above slowly!!

If the parents really had faith in the RTP, I doubt very much, they would be supportive of the defense team!!

They are simply being polite!!

By supporting the defense, they are really saying, that they don't believe in the evidence presented by the RTP!!

Do you have no shame? All of us can read the entire statement, taking it out context to perpetuate what they are specifically asking not be done is just downright shameful.

Edit: And like much of the conspiracy theorist and theories like the above -- it is just dishonest based on the entirety of their statements. You are actually trying to say their statement says " they don't believe in the evidence presented by the RTP!"

Again I say, shameful.

Where do they state they are confident that the RTP have the right culprits and why was the statement issued on their behalf and mot by them directly?

I'm willing to bite the sour apple, if we hear this directly from the British investigators or parents.

If they do have the right culprits then I'm happy for the families but I doubt anyone here would ever trust Thai authorities where face matters more than transparency and justice.

It's only natural to express doubt to a rotten and archiac system.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote from the article.

"We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes and want to remind both press and public that they do not have the full facts to report and make comment on at this stage. Current news reporting is causing undue distress to our family."

Please read the last sentence carefully.

Since you have been the most active poster on all the Koh Tao threads, the comment of course has nothing to do with you??coffee1.gif

You JOC have been somewhat active too in your support for "the poor innocent B2 Burmese boys". Now it seems the evidence, all the evidence, seen by the British police and the bereaved families doesn't seem to support your particular view and theories following their comments.

Why not have the courtesy to respect the family's wish? Or do you consider your opinion to be too important?

Maybe if the British police are happy with the investigation and so are the family who both have seen all the evidence well maybe its time to start reading between the lines..

Maybe this is the real reason none of the friends of the victims have come forward to defend the accused..

It's not a statement of the families it's just a paper they have signed, which is not the same. Something with putting words in the mouth ...

What?

Why would they sign something that they don't agree with?

Why would they allow anyone to "put words in their mouths" ?

I would suggest by the wording that these are contrived statements by the Thai and British foreign offices and not the families. Too neat tidy and somewhat emotionless. Maybe the boys are guilty but for me these statements fan the flames not dampen them. That said I saw the crime scene photos of the Swedish man who supposedly committed suicide in Phuket last week and marvelled at how a man can cut his throat and bleed to death and there be so little blood on the front of his t shirt.

Quote from the article.

"We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes and want to remind both press and public that they do not have the full facts to report and make comment on at this stage. Current news reporting is causing undue distress to our family."

Since you have been the most active poster on all the Koh Tao threads, the comment of course has nothing to do with you??coffee1.gif

You JOC have been somewhat active too in your support for "the poor innocent B2 Burmese boys". Now it seems the evidence, all the evidence, seen by the British police and the bereaved families doesn't seem to support your particular view and theories following their comments.

Why not have the courtesy to respect the family's wish? Or do you consider your opinion to be too important?

First of all, am i the only one, who finds it strange, that the families appear to have seen the secret evidence from the RTP, when the accused and their lawyers are still in the dark??

Secondly, if you don't want to read, what is written on Thaivisa, don't log in. Simple!!

Both families call for a 'fair and transparent' trial for the accused and justice to be done in the case. It's an important beneficial statement that also supports the work the defense team are doing here in Thailand. Our aim is to ensure a fair trial and justice in the case.

Here are the statements from both Familys .... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152642326445677&id=675065676&ref=bookmark

"It's an important beneficial statement that also supports the work the defense team are doing here in Thailand. Our aim is to ensure a fair trial and justice in the case." Quote

To all the posters here having a go at the "conspiracy theorists" on this thread, try to read the above slowly!!

If the parents really had faith in the RTP, I doubt very much, they would be supportive of the defense team!!

By supporting the defense, they are really saying, that they don't believe in the evidence presented by the RTP!!

Do you have no shame? All of us can read the entire statement, taking it out context to perpetuate what they are specifically asking not be done is just downright shameful.

Edit: And like much of the conspiracy theorist and theories like the above -- it is just dishonest based on the entirety of their statements. You are actually trying to say their statement says " they don't believe in the evidence presented by the RTP!"

Again I say, shameful.

Where do they state they are confident that the RTP have the right culprits and why was the statement issued on their behalf and mot by them directly?

I'm willing to bite the sour apple, if we hear this directly from the British investigators or parents.

If they do have the right culprits then I'm happy for the families but I doubt anyone here would ever trust Thai authorities where face matters more than transparency and justice.

Do you need a personal call with the family since it seems their statements are not good enough for you to stop the nonsense even at their request?

http://crimeandjustice.co.uk/2014/12/05/thailand-murder-investigation-statements-on-behalf-of-families-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller/

Excerpts from above UK link ...

from the family of Hannah Witheridge

There is a great deal of detail and vast areas of investigative work which has been shared with us. We respect the need for such detail not to be shared publically before Royal Thai Police start their trial process. We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes and want to remind both press and public that they do not have the full facts to report and make comment on at this stage. Current news reporting is causing undue distress to our family. We ask as a family, as we have throughout, that we are afforded privacy and that Hannah and David are afforded their dignity during this time of immense pain and difficulty

Statement from the family of David Miller

we ask that the speculative theories circulating on social media are not taken as fact. These interpretations are based on incomplete evidence and substantial conjecture. The increasing sensationalism of this story in the media is emotionally hurtful to us and appears to be wide of the mark. The support for the Myanmar suspects has been strong and vocal, but please do not jump to conclusions until you have considered the evidence from both sides in full. From what we have seen, the suspects have a difficult case to answer. The evidence against them appears to be powerful and convincing. They must respond to these charges, and their arguments must be considered with the same scrutiny as those of the prosecution. Please remember that this is above all a story of two wonderful young people, David and Hannah, killed in the prime of their lives in a senseless and brutal way.

Keep in mind UK police investigated NOTHING but the evidence the Thai police shared and their handling of the case by the Thai Police. And it only took a couple weeks (if that) for UK police to see enough to make their opinion shared with the family ... it was that obvious.

Again, shameful what some people want to pretend despite the reality and availability of credible information.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Many TV posters wanted a statement from the UK Police so I admit I am surprised by the timing of the statements from the victims' parents.

As much as I have serious doubts about the handling of the investigation by RTP I will respect the wishes of Hannah and David's parents and stop posting on this topic until reporting on the trial appears in the media and/or on TVF.

I call upon all TV members to act with due respect to the parents' wishes.

That degree of respect should extend to closing TV threads about the murder until the case comes to court.

That is nothing against freedom of speech, it is about respect.

Note: freedom of speech does not extend to the wild speculation that the deceased's families refer to in their statements.

Edited by Jip99

Quote from the article.

First of all, am i the only one, who finds it strange, that the families appear to have seen the secret evidence from the RTP, when the accused and their lawyers are still in the dark??

Secondly, if you don't want to read, what is written on Thaivisa, don't log in. Simple!!

The UK police presented their report to the family. We knew that would happen. So, yes you and a few other conspiracy theorists are the only ones.

Time for a lot of us to swallow that humble pie. People were crying out for the families to speak out and Now they have. Evidence they've seen from UK investigators looks strong against the Burmese lads. I thought they were scapegoats too but that quote from the statement is pretty compelling.

I am afraid that most of the conspiracy theorists will never give up, and never accept what the family has said.

Sadly you are correct. JOC has already shown this. Taking parts from sentences in the statement rather than the actual entirety of the sentence, paragraph or statement as a whole. Then putting his own interpretation of what they really meant. These people will never ever change or accept anything but their own view.

Edited by Baerboxer

in my opinion the British police and Govt are now colluding with the RTP and the Thai govt in keeping the truth of the matter under cover

there is too much at stake here with regards to money,face,politics and business interests to rock the boat over a couple of Burmese nobodies.

Hannah and David are dead and nothing can bring them back...truth and justice are only for the movies

Better to print the whole statement not the edited and spun version from the newspapers, if people still continue to bicker after reading this then shame on you, from either side of the fence

Date: 6 December 2014 06:34:17 GMT+9

Subject: Family statements: Issued on behalf of the families of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller

Family statements: Issued on behalf of the families of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller

Statement from the family of Hannah Witheridge

UK detectives travelled to Thailand last month to �gobserve and review�h the murder case of our precious Daughter Hannah, and also that of David Miller. We would like to thank the officers who travelled to Thailand to review the case and the Royal Thai Police for facilitating their visit.

Since their return we have been able to meet with these officers together with our family liaison officers to learn about the investigation. There is a great deal of detail and vast areas of investigative work which has been shared with us. We respect the need for such detail not to be shared publically before Royal Thai Police start their trial process.

We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes and want to remind both press and public that they do not have the full facts to report and make comment on at this stage. Current news reporting is causing undue distress to our family.

We ask as a family, as we have throughout, that we are afforded privacy and that Hannah and David are afforded their dignity during this time of immense pain and difficulty.

Our thoughts, as always, are with the Miller family. Together we stand united and focused on seeing a fair and transparent trial process to bring about justice for our beautiful children.

We would like to express our relief that progress is being made in Thailand and this case is finally coming to court.

We would like to reiterate our gratitude to the UK Metropolitan Police, who received the co-operation of the Royal Thai Police in undertaking an independent review into the investigation.

The evidence collected by the Royal Thai police will be presented at court and we hope the suspects are granted a fair and transparent trial. We are thankful of the over-sight of pressure groups such as Reprieve and Amnesty.

In the meantime however, we ask that the speculative theories circulating on social media are not taken as fact. These interpretations are based on incomplete evidence and substantial conjecture.

The increasing sensationalism of this story in the media is emotionally hurtful to us and appears to be wide of the mark.

The support for the Myanmar suspects has been strong and vocal, but please do not jump to conclusions until you have considered the evidence from both sides in full.

From what we have seen, the suspects have a difficult case to answer. The evidence against them appears to be powerful and convincing. They must respond to these charges, and their arguments must be considered with the same scrutiny as those of the prosecution.

Please remember that this is above all a story of two wonderful young people, David and Hannah, killed in the prime of their lives in a senseless and brutal way.

Further speculation should be put aside until all the evidence is made public and appropriate conclusions can be drawn.

We remain united with the Witheridge family in our shared grief.

Ian Sue and Michael Miller

Note to Editors

1. The family request privacy and no direct contact from the media at this time.

Newsdesk

Media Office l Foreign and Commonwealth Office

Maybe if the British police are happy with the investigation and so are the family who both have seen all the evidence well maybe its time to start reading between the lines..

Maybe this is the real reason none of the friends of the victims have come forward to defend the accused..

Then why didn't they come forward, when other suspects were in the picture??

And why didn't they come forward to confirm, that the B2 were indeed the culprits, to end all the unnecessary speculation??

-snip-

For the moment, this is it for me and I'm throwing the BS flag.

I do not believe that the families have been shown substantial evidence that no one else has been allowed to see.

I'm taking a wait and see attitude about whether the families even wrote this verbatim because it does seem to be from the moon.

If it proves to be true, so be it. To have Scotland Yard show these people "substantial" evidence while they are keeping what they know from the rest of the world would be most unusual to say the least.

BANGKOK: -- The families of two Britons murdered in Thailand said evidence against Myanmar migrants accused of the crime is convincing, in statements supportive of a much-criticised police investigation on Friday.

NO THEY DID NOT SAY THIS AT ALL

ITV news have twisted the statement with an idiotic journalist wrongly saying ''they are confident of the investigation carried out by both British and Thai police into her death''.

The actually wording on the statement made by the parents did not mention the THAI police AT ALL.

READ IT AND MAKE YOUR OWN MIND UP

UK detectives travelled to Thailand last month to “observe and review” the murder case of our precious Daughter Hannah, and also that of David Miller. We would like to thank the officers who travelled to Thailand to review the case and the Royal Thai Police for facilitating their visit.

Since their return we have been able to meet with these officers together with our family liaison officers to learn about the investigation. There is a great deal of detail and vast areas of investigative work which has been shared with us. We respect the need for such detail not to be shared publically before Royal Thai Police start their trial process.

We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes and want to remind both press and public that they do not have the full facts to report and make comment on at this stage. Current news reporting is causing undue distress to our family.

We ask as a family, as we have throughout, that we are afforded privacy and that Hannah and David are afforded their dignity during this time of immense pain and difficulty.

Our thoughts, as always, are with the Miller family. Together we stand united and focused on seeing a fair and transparent trial process to bring about justice for our beautiful children.
– The family of Hannah Witheridge

"We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes and want to remind both press and public that they do not have the full facts to rep

No - it seems you have one or two others who refuse to believe that they could be wrong and it must be vast conspiracy, regardless of what anyone says, even the bereaved families.

I don't mind reading the sort of drivel you post, but then again, I and all the other normal decent posters on here, would respect the wishes and comments of the bereaved families.

You can't, because the paranoia the drives conspiracy theorists, won't let you.

It's not a statement of the families it's just a paper they have signed, which is not the same. Something with putting words in the mouth ...

What?

Why would they sign something that they don't agree with?

Why would they allow anyone to "put words in their mouths" ?

The moment I read the OP I knew the families will begin to be vilified sooner or later, it's happening sooner than I thought though.

i agree that maybe lock this down and wait for the facts of the case to be heard.

Lock it down now that only the completely desperate would continue on with the unfounded conspiracy theories? Shut it down now that some of these people want to express their regret for the damage they cause by falling for this nonsense? Shut it down now that the story is becoming more reality and news based instead of on online witch hunt against an innocent kid? Shut it down now that some people may be able to tall freely about their anger towards the suspects, whose sperm was found in the victim, without other attacking them or calling for people to donate fund to the two suspects?

Again I say, shameful.

Do you need a personal call with the family since it seems their statements are not good enough for you to stop the nonsense even at their request?

http://crimeandjustice.co.uk/2014/12/05/thailand-murder-investigation-statements-on-behalf-of-families-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller/

Excerpts from above UK link ...

from the family of Hannah Witheridge

There is a great deal of detail and vast areas of investigative work which has been shared with us. We respect the need for such detail not to be shared publically before Royal Thai Police start their trial process. We would like to stress that as a family we are confident in the work that has been carried out into these atrocious crimes and want to remind both press and public that they do not have the full facts to report and make comment on at this stage. Current news reporting is causing undue distress to our family. We ask as a family, as we have throughout, that we are afforded privacy and that Hannah and David are afforded their dignity during this time of immense pain and difficulty

we ask that the speculative theories circulating on social media are not taken as fact. These interpretations are based on incomplete evidence and substantial conjecture. The increasing sensationalism of this story in the media is emotionally hurtful to us and appears to be wide of the mark. The support for the Myanmar suspects has been strong and vocal, but please do not jump to conclusions until you have considered the evidence from both sides in full. From what we have seen, the suspects have a difficult case to answer. The evidence against them appears to be powerful and convincing. They must respond to these charges, and their arguments must be considered with the same scrutiny as those of the prosecution. Please remember that this is above all a story of two wonderful young people, David and Hannah, killed in the prime of their lives in a senseless and brutal way.

Again point out the line where it says they are certain they have the right culprits. Speaking of nonsense, you have been stalking people on several threads for expressing doubt in this matter.

If you had expressed a different opinion instead of trying to silence them, I would have given you the benefit of doubt but you have deliberately tried to rail the threads to the point no one wants to participate in decent discussions anymore. Now that might work well with some here, but don't even consider playing that game with me.

You have something valid to say then say it, otherwise I'm not paying attention to your drivel.

Edited by maxme

The report said the families back the police investigation,

which police are they talking about, the Thai or the UK's? blink.png

Maybe you ask someone to read it for you, as reading doesn't seem to have been your favorite subject at school. I think the following extracted from the letter should say it all.

In the meantime however, we ask that the speculative theories circulating on social media are not taken as fact. These interpretations are based on incomplete evidence and substantial conjecture.

The increasing sensationalism of this story in the media is emotionally hurtful to us and appears to be wide of the mark.

The support for the Myanmar suspects has been strong and vocal, but please do not jump to conclusions until you have considered the evidence from both sides in full.

From what we have seen, the suspects have a difficult case to answer. The evidence against them appears to be powerful and convincing. They must respond to these charges, and their arguments must be considered with the same scrutiny as those of the prosecution.

Better to print the whole statement not the edited and spun version from the newspapers, if people still continue to bicker after reading this then shame on you, from either side of the fence

Date: 6 December 2014 06:34:17 GMT+9

Subject: Family statements: Issued on behalf of the families of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller

Family statements: Issued on behalf of the families of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller

Statement from the family of Hannah Witheridge

UK detectives travelled to Thailand last month to �gobserve and review�h the murder case of our precious Daughter Hannah, and also that of David Miller. We would like to thank the officers who travelled to Thailand to review the case and the Royal Thai Police for facilitating their visit.

We would like to express our relief that progress is being made in Thailand and this case is finally coming to court.

We would like to reiterate our gratitude to the UK Metropolitan Police, who received the co-operation of the Royal Thai Police in undertaking an independent review into the investigation.

The evidence collected by the Royal Thai police will be presented at court and we hope the suspects are granted a fair and transparent trial. We are thankful of the over-sight of pressure groups such as Reprieve and Amnesty.

Please remember that this is above all a story of two wonderful young people, David and Hannah, killed in the prime of their lives in a senseless and brutal way.

Further speculation should be put aside until all the evidence is made public and appropriate conclusions can be drawn.

We remain united with the Witheridge family in our shared grief.

Ian Sue and Michael Miller

Note to Editors

1. The family request privacy and no direct contact from the media at this time.

Newsdesk

Media Office l Foreign and Commonwealth Office

Do you have a link to this original release? Seems like the news sites picked this up from a press release ... "Newsdesk - Media Office l Foreign and Commonwealth Office "

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

-snip-

For the moment, this is it for me and I'm throwing the BS flag.

I do not believe that the families have been shown substantial evidence that no one else has been allowed to see.

I'm taking a wait and see attitude about whether the families even wrote this verbatim because it does seem to be from the moon.

If it proves to be true, so be it. To have Scotland Yard show these people "substantial" evidence while they are keeping what they know from the rest of the world would be most unusual to say the least.

What do you expect - a personal briefing from the British Police followed by a discussion with both families? Do you think you should have been invited to see all the evidence before the trail for some reason?

We aren't relevant. But the families are and these formal statements have been made, by the families after the British police presented everything to them and to their family support officers.

Read there statements carefully. Oh, that won't help because you seem to think it was written for them. That the thing with conspiracy theories, you can always add a new one to the web.

i agree that maybe lock this down and wait for the facts of the case to be heard.

Lock it down now that only the completely desperate would continue on with the unfounded conspiracy theories? Shut it down now that some of these people want to express their regret for the damage they cause by falling for this nonsense? Shut it down now that the story is becoming more reality and news based instead of on online witch hunt against an innocent kid? Shut it down now that some people may be able to tall freely about their anger towards the suspects, whose sperm was found in the victim, without other attacking them or calling for people to donate fund to the two suspects?