Farang Credit Cards?

I have 3 credit cards. One from krung Thai bank. The one ZI use to book flights etc is an online one that anyone can get - www.entropay.com but it doesn't give credit.

Most Thai banks require a foreigner to earn 80k a month or 1 million a year.

Usually Thais get them as they know someone who works in the bank - learn about 'boon khun"

I have 3 credit cards. One from krung Thai bank. The one ZI use to book flights etc is an online one that anyone can get - www.entropay.com but it doesn't give credit.

Most Thai banks require a foreigner to earn 80k a month or 1 million a year.

Usually Thais get them as they know someone who works in the bank - learn about 'boon khun"

I'll look into entro pay. Thank you.

Easy to get a "secured" credit card in Thailand. As already mentioned is several above posts just go to most any Thai bank, put up the secured deposit, fill out their forms, get the secured credit card. No risk for the bank since the secured deposit covers the credit line given. Keep in mind to get the secured deposit back the card must cancelled/turned in, balance paid off and then usually around a 30 to 45 day wait to get the deposit back...this 30-45 day wait is a combination of bank bureaucracy and to cover any late arriving/processed credit card transactions as some merchants are sometimes slow/have problems in finalizing a charge transaction.

• Like 1

tell your mum to go into the bank her salary is deposited into and ask about a credit card.

Two years minimum in country.

what is 2 years minimum ?

That's what the bank told my mum when she asked them if she was eligible for a credit card.

tell your mum to go into the bank her salary is deposited into and ask about a credit card.

Two years minimum in country.

what is 2 years minimum ?

That's what the bank told my mum when she asked them if she was eligible for a credit card.

Change banks then. Kasikorn gave me one the moment I was able to show 6 months salary slips.

To obtain CC from Thai Banks, typically foreigner need to produce 6 months to one year old WP and payslips. There is no exception to obtain "true" CC, I mean use bank's money.

Another way is "secured" CC, when foreigner can obtain CC with deposit to locked account in Bank. The credit line available can be from 90% to 100% from deposit amount. Secured CC can be done on "lowest' type of NON-VISA such as NON-ED without any WP. This will be a normal CC, except bank protecting his money using non-working foreigner deposit.

And third way is AMEX card, which is AMEX promote along foreign Bangkok Bank customers. You don't need to have CC with Bangkok Bank, just normal savings account and be a registered Frequient Fly member of Thai Air. AMEX will give their card for working foreigner or for anyone who have 3 mil + baht in accounts in the thai banks.

There are exceptions to the general rule using the Amex route.

I came here as a retiree, have never worked here so no work permit, I don't maintain 3 mil in a Thai Bank and my only income was my occupational pension.

I was invited to apply for an Amex CC because of my Thai ROP membership, I did so for fun assuming it would be rejected, a CC with a healthy limit was couriered to me a couple of weeks later.

Don't really need a credit card as I prefer to use a debit card, but it's good as a back up when debit cards aren't acceptable, car hire and the like, it was certainly a godsend when I was taken ill and hospitalised on a recent trip to Singapore.

I was recently offered one of their charge cards though came with a hefty fee of 27,000 Baht, don't need that so didn't take up their kind offer.

My point is that some foreigners will sometimes be accepted for credit cards without work permits or a deposit, though I really don't know what their criteria is.

• Like 2

^^^^^ Likewise, I went down the Amex route as a retiree and I'm aware of a few others. I don't know what their criteria is either.

If you head to kasikorn and buy one of their insurance annuity plans ...you can get a kasikorn premier card for a minimum amount of 200,000 annual

1.2 million baht a year gets you the Wisdom card which is their highest tier visa signature card on Thailand