Top 5 things you like about Pattaya

jackvale

Apart from the obvious lovely things about Pattaya..

I love the events that bring a lot of the Thai families from bkk etc. Such as recent fireworks and music festival.

Also the annual music festival .....lots of Thai. There are many others.

One post has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

• Like 1

Best place in Thai to learn how to live and probably best place how to see how freedom looks ...for those never taste it before.

With some logic and brain you can learn first steps as a newbie if you decide one day that you want to stay somewhere else for longer and have some life experience.

Just good school for open minded.

• Like 1

1) Its a really long way from where we live.

2) Its a magnet for folk who want the seamier or dark side.

PS. Never been there.....................so can't find another 3.

'Never been there.' So by TV standards that makes you eminently qualified to offer informed comments then. But at least you admit to it which is refreshingly honest by TV standards. Edited by The manic
  • Like 1

1) Its a really long way from where we live.

2) Its a magnet for folk who want the seamier or dark side.

PS. Never been there.....................so can't find another 3.

'Never been there.' So by TV standards that makes you eminently qualified to offer informed comments then. But at least you admit to it which is refreshingly honest by TV standards.

We went to Karon a couple of years ago, never made it to "That street in Patong"! either.

The dark side is a moonlight night for me LOL

And Yes, 2) should have said

2) Reputed to be a magnet........

Nice to hear some positive comments about Pattaya. I'm going to be there for a week in January. Please can you recommend some nice day trips to nearby Islands. Thank you.

Not islands but the sanctuary of truth is great and the prehistoric stone/ fossil park and going deep sea fishing and up to the temples on Prakumnak hill..... the travel agencies have lists of things to do. It's a whole load of fun for nice not vice activities.....Most people who criticise Pats have never been there, honest. I am not a big fan but cannot deny its charms.

Edited by The manic

The tropical weather -prefer showers over dry spell.

The new promenade (though the city is not maintaining it--they have to keep up their reputation of not knowing what maintenance means.)

Pattaya Bay at sunset and night time is beautiful to look at while having a drink at one of the roof top hotel bars or restaurants.

The casualness of the place...can go almost anywhere with shorts on (pleas wear your shirt on when entering Central).

The variety of restaurants and prices.

The easy way to get around by baht bus (as long as you are not in a hurry).

A couple good hospitals if you need them.

Good public bus system to Bangkok.

Thai culture and Western culture -mixed

....and a great police force that won't ticket speeding buses, truck, or SUV's but spends their energy standing along a road to arrest drivers on their put-put motorbikes for not having proper papers or wearing a helmet.

• Like 1

1) Wide variety of things to see and do (both naughty and nice).

2) Close enough to Bangkok to be convenient, but not have to share their problems.

3) The real life "reality show" that is Walking Street" (far better than any so-called reality show on TV).

4) Restaurants, markets, shopping - pretty much everything I want/need is all here and easy to get to.

5) It beats the hell out of everywhere else I've lived in the last half-century (and a bit) !

Agree with all bar No 2.....regrettably we do have to share one of their problems (traffic chaos) every weekend and holiday when they arrive here en mass!

• Like 1

1. JT, living there.

2. The best Ladyboys in the world.

Amazed that nobody has mentioned those..............

3. Baht buses....what people would do without them?

PS. Never been there.....................so can't find another 2.

Costas ... you never been to Patts?

I'm surprised at that.

Personally, I don't mind the place. A mix of naughty, interesting and other things to do.

I do not take baht buses, I ride. I am not interested in ladyboys, and I don't know JT. Nevertheless, since you've never been there, why take your advice?

Things I like in Pattaya (in no particular order)

Foodland supermarket

Friendship supermarket

Villa supermarket

Big C Extra

The 2 Makros

You can find (almost) everything you need by just visiting only a couple of shops.

The Kitchen shops (like Central 5th Floor, the shop next to Foodland)

Boncafe on Naklua Road

That's about it, there are a lot more things that I dislike about Pattaya, but that's not what this thread is about.

1. Living in a country and place that's so free and behave yourself you're safe.

2. The experience of seeing people from everywhere around you every day.

3. The beer bars for us old men, hearing "Sexy Man" from Thai ladies in their 20's is an ego booster.

4. The gogo bars on Soi LK Metro. They are slowly getting the pic on what their long term customers want. The well managed ones will survive and prosper.

5. The Thai Issan people. Sure they have misconceptions about farang, but they're basically good people. If you treat them well, they will be there for you later if you need it.

Oh # 6, rent a jet ski in front of Mike Shopping and show the guy you have a wallet full of cash.

Fairtex gym and the farang early morning guys.

Lek and Apex food and the nice people that work there.

Being able to go about anywhere on a Baht Bus for 10 baht.

Watching the fireworks on the roof of VT-6 each November.

Knowing that if you treat the local Thais with respect, they will return it.