Airline scion flips out on flight attendant over macadamia nuts

Maestro

What a moron..........

Nepotism is never good for companies.

She proved by her actions that she is not capable of being the vice president of this airline and she only got the job by being the daughter of the airline Chairman.

Hope the law gets tough on her.

This x2

Edited by Phil Water

What a moron..........

Nepotism is never good for companies.

She proved by her actions that she is not capable of being the vice president of this airline and she only got the job by being the daughter of the airline Chairman.

Hope the law gets tough on her.

Perhaps a little too quick in reacting? The Washington Post story paints a different picture. Without knowing the details of the discussion between this board member and the Purser we can't determine if this was an object lesson to flight crews or an over the top response. Given that the crew member ejected was the Purser, not the hostess, I suspect it was more about following procedures than about whether she wanted nuts or not.

Airlines exist because of profits from up the front of the plane and this was her direct area of responsibility. Without knowing more it is not possible to say whether tou or I would have reacted the same way.

You are kidding right? Sorry if I offend you but none of this nonsense about management of procedures holds one gram of weight unless this was some empty test flight without anyone on board at all who was not an employee of the airline. The fact is that this was a commercial flight; and in this day and age someone should be going "Fred Flinstone" all over her A$$ including the FAA and state police. She will probably get a slap on the wrist because of her prominence, but she should have the full book thrown at her as a deterrence in affecting aircraft safety. The airline will be fined millions of dollars to cover costs, but I truly hope that this narcissistic freak spends at least some time in jail.

She immediately chastised the confused crew-member, screaming at him to bring out the company’s in-flight service manual to read off the proper nut-handling guidelines, witnesses said.

I wonder if there was a paragraph about her in the nut handling guidelines?

However hard some of you are trying to justify this woman's actions/reactions there is NOTHING that justifies it in this case. it is appalling behaviour displaying a complete lack of any leadership or management skills. If nothing else the incident would have completely trashed the First class travel experience for the people that forked out a lot of money on that flight.

Amazing she thought she had the authority to order a member of staff off the plane after it had left the gate.

Usurps the pilot somewhat.

And he didn't have the cajones to tell her where to go, I would have ordered her off the plane and gone looking for a new job!

Amazing she thought she had the authority to order a member of staff off the plane after it had left the gate.

And he didn't have the cajones to tell her where to go, I would have ordered her off the plane and gone looking for a new job!

Go up against the Chairman's daughter in a hierarchical society like Korea? I don't blame the captain at all.

Had he defied her, she'd still be on the job, the tirade would have been swept under the rug, and he'd be on the street looking for one when the plane landed.

As it transpired, he's still got his job and she lost hers (well, except she's still a VP in KAL). Worked out right- except the VP title thing.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

The latest on this story is that she resigned her job as a VP, but did not resign from the board of KAL

I personally hope that she is prosecuted since by forcing the Purser off of the plane she interfered with the flight crew doing their duties, which are primarily to provide safety for the passengers, not just to be glorified service staff

She sure as hell didn't jump up and start performing the Pursers main duties, which are to supervise the flight attendants. In case of an emergency the staff look to the Purser for instructions, but because of this entitled twit there was no Purser on board, so safety was compromised

The investigation of a past crash of a Korean Airlines plane found that the accident was caused by the co-pilot being afraid of telling the captain that he had done something wrong because then the captain would loose face

Go up against the Chairman's daughter in a hierarchical society like Korea? I don't blame the captain at all.

Had he defied her, she'd still be on the job, the tirade would have been swept under the rug, and he'd be on the street looking for one when the plane landed.

As it transpired, he's still got his job and she lost hers (well, except she's still a VP in KAL). Worked out right- except the VP title thing.

Fortunate she didn't order him to crash it into a building after take-off then.

Does she have a master key to all their cockpits?

Edited by jacko45k

The latest on this story is that she resigned her job as a VP, but did not resign from the board of KAL

I personally hope that she is prosecuted since by forcing the Purser off of the plane she interfered with the flight crew doing their duties, which are primarily to provide safety for the passengers, not just to be glorified service staff

She sure as hell didn't jump up and start performing the Pursers main duties, which are to supervise the flight attendants. In case of an emergency the staff look to the Purser for instructions, but because of this entitled twit there was no Purser on board, so safety was compromised

The investigation of a past crash of a Korean Airlines plane found that the accident was caused by the co-pilot being afraid of telling the captain that he had done something wrong because then the captain would loose face

I watched a video last night on youtube of that horrible crash in the Canary Islands that killed over 500 people. It was blamed on the culture of the same reason that no one would overrule the KLM Captain especially as in that case he was the Chief Pilot.

• Like 1

typical korean bull shit! the peeons have to stand at attention and bow to the pilot before they board the aircraft. the class system is alive and well. I refuse to fly on an airline that does not have an equal number of take off and landings.

Fly Air Koryo. Vastly superior..

Reading the Washington post side of the story, this sounds more like a lady who is in charge of customer service for the airline got bad service and ejected the person in the crew that was responsible for it (the purser - NOT the flight attendant who gave her the nuts).

I.e. the issue would appear to be the purser's attitude to their job, rather than the woman's one.

The plane wasn't in the air, and if it took 2 minutes to get back to the gate, it probably wasn't on the runway either. Saying it had to return to the airport makes people think it was already in the air and turned around. Journalism at the level we've come to expect from tabloids?

who believes what is written in Newspapers anyway ? Journalism ??whistling.gif