HEIL HITLER shocking

DiamondKing

So are suggesting Hitler should be censored in entirety?

It is in my view, a very important part of recent history, with many lessons to be learnt.

There was a couple of seconds of the video that showed Hitler, painting is a very important role in a child's development, if it is followed by information and debate. Can you tell me it was followed up with Hitler being delivered as a father figure to the nation, or propaganda by others?

If followed up by the father figure angle, I agree wholly inappropriate.

Just a very unfortunate gaff in my view. The Second World War in Thailand was all about the Japanese - so Hitler is just seen as one of the most recognizable historical figures like Napoleon or Caesar.

You see the swastika being used as an interesting fashion design on hand bags and T-shirts in the local markets. It looks shocking to me - and will to anyone else of a certain age who's from "The West" - but to most Thai's, including the video production team - it's just an image to represent the study of Western history.

I'd be much happier to see Franklin D Roosevelt, Churchill or even General Patton - but nobody in Thailand would know who they were.

Try asking your TGF about Auschwitz, Himmler or the SS - I guarantee she'll have no idea what you are on about.

• Like 2

Just a very unfortunate gaff in my view. The Second World War in Thailand was all about the Japanese - so Hitler is just seen as one of the most recognizable historical figures like Napoleon or Caesar.

You see the swastika being used as an interesting fashion design on hand bags and T-shirts in the local markets. It looks shocking to me - and will to anyone else of a certain age who's from "The West" - but to most Thai's, including the video production team - it's just an image to represent the study of Western history.

I'd be much happier to see Franklin D Roosevelt, Churchill or even General Patton - but nobody in Thailand would know who they were.

Try asking your TGF about Auschwitz, Himmler or the SS - I guarantee she'll have no idea what you are on about.

I agree .

Try asking your average American girl about Saloth Sar or Gengis Khan. Actually most don't even know where Thailand is.

The fascination of Adolph is that he may ave been reincarnated as a certain Thai PM. Guess which one was born just after he died and strikes a remarkable resemblance to him and hated foreigners.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

Oh dear, what is it with the fascination of Hitler here?

I would say the same fascination as the rest of the world. Not a day goes by without one of the multiple documentary channels showing the face of that monster and or a program

about the nazis in WWII. If there was no interest this would not happen.

Just my 2 cents

Yermanee

• Like 1

I would say the same fascination as the rest of the world. Not a day goes by without one of the multiple documentary channels showing the face of that monster and or a program

Just my 2 cents

Yermanee

I think there is a difference, here it appears to be that "it's cool" or a fashion statement . The documentaries are more about history and what happened

• Like 1

I think this is just another little incident where someone makes things look less than good in Thailand.

There have been various seemingly unconnected things happening since the coup which attempt to show the government in a bad light.

Two things that immediately spring to mind are the fact that certian embassies are actively refusing visas to tourists and the police harassment of tourists / white skinned foreigners which has been widely reported lately.

Now this has happened I'm even more convinced that there's groups of people working together from the inside to make trouble for the current administration.

The problem is that we are getting the worst of both Hitler and Mussolini, especially of the right.If you teach in school to understand that the Jews had fully occupied the posts of ecomici strategic value and representing a threat to the German economy to the point that their presence had to be eradicated with the most brutal, or the Holocaust. Hitler was not a sprovveduto but nothing can ever justify it.

makes me wonder: the GENOCIDE of INDIANS IN AMERICA????

Genocide and mass killings there since the days of hitler ... because then it is debated as to the Holocaust ... because it's only 400 years??? and what are they??? nothing!! a few generations ... not I digress because this might result in other speeches.. trooooppi.Maybe even in Europe we should do as in Thailand, leaving everyone in the dark and make it your own by each moral judgment to decide.

It's not a swastika you see here, it a Hindu religious symbol, and it is the reverse image of a swastika. You see them all over India as well.

Well yes we see those as well - but you also see very clear Nazi symbols. Black swastika on white roundel with red background on a handbag in JJ market. Nazi SS insignia and swastika 'medal' on T-shirts, swastika armbands over a black uniforms on students, Nazi art exhibition with swastika's hanging from lamp posts. It's a symbol from 20th Century history and the significance is not always taught clearly in schools.

Just my 2 cents

Yermanee

There is a difference with some obscure interbred neo-nazi Euro trash underground groups and A NATION PRIME MINISTER

I think this is just another little incident where someone makes things look less than good in Thailand.

There have been various seemingly unconnected things happening since the coup which attempt to show the government in a bad light.

Two things that immediately spring to mind are the fact that certian embassies are actively refusing visas to tourists and the police harassment of tourists / white skinned foreigners which has been widely reported lately.

Now this has happened I'm even more convinced that there's groups of people working together from the inside to make trouble for the current administration.

And the Nazi parade was also a conspiracy organized to give a bad image of Thailand ?

hitlerparade.jpg

• Like 1

It's not a swastika you see here, it a Hindu religious symbol, and it is the reverse image of a swastika. You see them all over India as well.

Well yes we see those as well - but you also see very clear Nazi symbols. Black swastika on white roundel with red background on a handbag in JJ market. Nazi SS insignia and swastika 'medal' on T-shirts, swastika armbands over a black uniforms on students, Nazi art exhibition with swastika's hanging from lamp posts. It's a symbol from 20th Century history and the significance is not always taught clearly in schools.

Seen in a night market on Sukhumvit:

post-215998-0-54775400-1418133662_thumb.

• Like 1

Thai's consider themselves as an island nation. What goes on outside their borders is merely some sort of "background-noise". May it concern the past, the present or the future. Same, same.

Thailand is the naval of the world and they can actually prove it just by quoting, that every year over 20 million miserable people from the rest of the world have to come to Thailand to recuperate from their miserable lives in their home country. Where the rest of the millions of Tourists every year go to recuperate from their miserable lives back home, by NOT going to Thailand will remain a mystery especially to the TAT. This attitude is enforced by the whole educational-system.

But the clock is ticking for the "Island-Nation". 5-4-3-2-1 = game over!

Cheers.

But why are they always talking about the German mass murderer? Let's discuss a few Thai dudes who got away with mass murder. Or how would Thailand feel if a few European countries reenacted what happened at the thammasat university? I am sure they would love it.

Yes! Let's panic over a guy that's been dead for 70 years!

I can't see why Thais should care about the opinions of Europeans. Or Americans. The countless slaughter Europeans have visited upon themselves and the world are too numerous to cite as any one worse than another.

Nazi uniforms look pretty spiffy. So what?

• Like 1

But why are they always talking about the German mass murderer? Let's discuss a few Thai dudes who got away with mass murder. Or how would Thailand feel if a few European countries reenacted what happened at the thammasat university? I am sure they would love it.

- There is mass murder and there is GENOCIDE

Let's not forget the shoah was 7 MILLIONS people killed.

- It's not "reenactment" it's promotion.

And the Nazi parade was also a conspiracy organized to give a bad image of Thailand ?

hitlerparade.jpg

I love that photo, the girls look great!

• Like 1

I really cant be assed googling it, but what does, shoah mean, and why should it mean anything to me?

Please dont shove your believes or suffering down my throat, you are only acting in the same way as those you claim to despise.

I really cant be assed googling it, but what does, shoah mean, and why should it mean anything to me?

Please dont shove your believes or suffering down my throat, you are only acting in the same way as those you claim to despise.

Shoah is not a belief, it's a fact.

Denying it where I come from sends you to prison.

Ignorance is a bliss.