Director defends 'Hitler scene' in Thai govt film

webfact

"Nazi chic" reflects a certain kind of ideology anyway...

BTW I invite you to read about the "Lebensraum" as it was developed by Hitler.

Lots of commonalities with the current situation.

Nazi Chic is a clothes fashion style it contains no ideology at all. It is a fashion statement. Not an ideological statement. Its use began in the mid-seventies with the emergence of the punk movement in London: the Sex Pistols' first television appearance occurred with a person of their entourage wearing a swastika. Nazi chic was later used in the fashion industry in various occasions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_chic

If you say so....

Anyway the way you dress does reflect the way you are...

And, obviously, you have no clue re. the Lebensraum. I feel quite sad for you

Below is an example of two mindless Korean teenagers who don't have a clue what German living space is and it has nothing to do with this topic. It is an Asian fashion and is for sale at any mall or market in Asia.

Cosplay is an adolescent dress and game playing culture from Japan and that has far more to do with this thread than anything that ever happened in Germany in the 1930's. Google is your friend try, "Nazi Cosplay."

post-187908-0-18181500-1418289831_thumb.

The fact that they can create a scene like that, have it reviewed and approved by people who are supposed to be educated, shows the extremely low educational level in Thailand.

Add to that the fact that they have to be told by the outside world, what is actually wrong and what is not, is a total joke. How can you even have values, when you have no idea about nothing at all?

Thailand - Your educational system is simply a joke! You want to clean up, then start there!

• Like 2

As pointed out earlier, the subtle hint might not have come across with Thai youth as such, iow, the overall majority might miss the point just as most of the rest of the world. Perhaps even more so in a movie theatre.

Isn't there a possibility that Hitler was chosen because the message really is to obey your superiors and follow orders just like the sheeple of Nazi Germany who unconditionally adapted the fuehrer's ideology? Aren't these 12 directives and its concept of forced implementation eerily similar to Hitler's?

Do you mean, the Thai director was bright enough to use a 3 second clip to control children with an effective subliminal advertising message? You gotta be kidding me.biggrin.png

Try reading again.

As pointed out earlier, the subtle hint might not have come across with Thai youth as such, iow, the overall majority might miss the point just as most of the rest of the world. Perhaps even more so in a movie theatre.

Isn't there a possibility that Hitler was chosen because the message really is to obey your superiors and follow orders just like the sheeple of Nazi Germany who unconditionally adapted the fuehrer's ideology? Aren't these 12 directives and its concept of forced implementation eerily similar to Hitler's?

Do you mean, the Thai director was bright enough to use a 3 second clip to control children with an effective subliminal advertising message? You gotta be kidding me.biggrin.png

Try reading again. It seems that you don't even bother reading the posts and the points made. Or the points made just don't register. Edited by Impossible

Try reading again.

You wrote, "Isn't there a possibility that Hitler was chosen because the message really is to obey your superiors and follow orders just like the sheeple of Nazi Germany who unconditionally adapted the fuehrer's ideology?"

The fact that they can create a scene like that, have it reviewed and approved by people who are supposed to be educated, shows the extremely low educational level in Thailand.

Add to that the fact that they have to be told by the outside world, what is actually wrong and what is not, is a total joke. How can you even have values, when you have no idea about nothing at all?

Thailand - Your educational system is simply a joke! You want to clean up, then start there!

Since the message for Thai people is not to be a trite and spoiled child who would paint a picture of Nazi chic perhaps they got the message and you didn't? But I wouldn't knock your whole education system for your ignorance. It's just you and a few others/

Since the message for Thai people is not to be a trite and spoiled child who would paint a picture of Nazi chic perhaps they got the message and you didn't? But I wouldn't knock your whole education system for your ignorance. It's just you and a few others/

Perhaps another message for the Thai people is foolish things that are released here are seen by the world, and make Thailand a laughingstock. Assuming your theory is correct and I think it's just BS spin, was it worth that? Considering the world was already mocking Thailand for bizarre Nazi-Hitler mania incidents in the past (now being recycled by the world media)?

Edited by Jingthing

I think more people know generally how awful Hitler was than is often acknowledged, having taught world history in Thai public schools. I think he's actually admired, for several reasons:

First, Thais are already very comfortable with fascism and ostracizing outsiders. They see harmless pageantry and pleasing uniformity, equating it with culture and admirable qualities.

Second, people look at his 'achievements' and see a really ballsy guy, not atrocities. The guy had his way with most of Europe's powers, you say? Wow. Thais prefer bold leaders.

Third, I think some people are entertained by the thought of perceived white-on-white slaughter. "Man,farang really know how to kill each other!"

And finally, they see a charismatic leader whose people seem to adore him uncompromisingly and follow him unquestioningly, and my, my, all those flags!...so he MUST be good in some way, even in a past life. (This one really hits close to home.)

Stunning, still though...That said, it's interesting to observe but I'll save my venom for the truly, purposeful racist cnuts from my own country. Nobody pisses me off more than my own countrymen.

Try reading again.

You wrote, "Isn't there a possibility that Hitler was chosen because the message really is to obey your superiors and follow orders just like the sheeple of Nazi Germany who unconditionally adapted the fuehrer's ideology?"

It seems that you don't even bother to think about the points made. Explains why your responses remain shallow. It takes a bit of cognitive effort, as well as a bit of knowledge of the workings of government propaganda, to understand what could be at play here. Maybe you should also read the report again, which exclusively implies that the general's 12 commandments are being pumped into the brains of schoolchildren systematically, and on a daily basis. RING A BELL??

On a side-note, anybody who is still teaching at a school and has some dignity left should quit.

Edited by Impossible

On a side-note, anybody who is still teaching at a school and has some dignity left should quit.

Agreed, assuming you meant Thai public school!

I'm at the intl. school, Western curriculum now thankfully.

I still think that educated or not, Thais will be drawn to personas like Hitler. If more people knew about Pol Pot, they'd like him, too. Same with the Confederacy of the US.

"Nazi chic" reflects a certain kind of ideology anyway...

BTW I invite you to read about the "Lebensraum" as it was developed by Hitler.

Lots of commonalities with the current situation.

Nazi Chic is a clothes fashion style it contains no ideology at all. It is a fashion statement. Not an ideological statement. Its use began in the mid-seventies with the emergence of the punk movement in London: the Sex Pistols' first television appearance occurred with a person of their entourage wearing a swastika. Nazi chic was later used in the fashion industry in various occasions.

If you say so....

Below is an example of two mindless Korean teenagers who don't have a clue what German living space is and it has nothing to do with this topic. It is an Asian fashion and is for sale at any mall or market in Asia.

Cosplay is an adolescent dress and game playing culture from Japan and that has far more to do with this thread than anything that ever happened in Germany in the 1930's. Google is your friend try, "Nazi Cosplay."

Maybe you could be so kind and explain which part of the uniforms the teens are wearing is based on a NAZI uniform. I actually went on the net and surfed for uniforms (past and present) but couldn’t find any that would match the outfit the girls are presenting.

I think more people know generally how awful Hitler was than is often acknowledged, having taught world history in Thai public schools. I think he's actually admired, for several reasons:

First, Thais are already very comfortable with fascism and ostracizing outsiders. They see harmless pageantry and pleasing uniformity, equating it with culture and admirable qualities.

Second, people look at his 'achievements' and see a really ballsy guy, not atrocities. The guy had his way with most of Europe's powers, you say? Wow. Thais prefer bold leaders.

Third, I think some people are entertained by the thought of perceived white-on-white slaughter. "Man,farang really know how to kill each other!"

And finally, they see a charismatic leader whose people seem to adore him uncompromisingly and follow him unquestioningly, and my, my, all those flags!...so he MUST be good in some way, even in a past life. (This one really hits close to home.)

Stunning, still though...That said, it's interesting to observe but I'll save my venom for the truly, purposeful racist cnuts from my own country. Nobody pisses me off more than my own countrymen.

You are,a wind-up. Just leave it out OK If you really taught in a public school in Thailand,its no wonder that they think the way they do.you are a disgrace to

not only the western society but also Thailand .May God forgive you

Perhaps another message for the Thai people is foolish things that are released here are seen by the world, and make Thailand a laughingstock. Assuming your theory is correct and I think it's just BS spin, was it worth that? Considering the world was already mocking Thailand for bizarre Nazi-Hitler mania incidents in the past (now being recycled by the world media)?

If you spoke Thai and watched the video you would know I didn't spin anything. But having said that I do agree with you and have said at least three times in this thread the Thai producer who let that 3 second clip out knowing the OCD nature of the Western world especially the Israeli embassy in Bangkok when a Swastika is seen regardless of context, the sky automatically falls down, had to be nuts.

It's nuts given the history of Nazi chic in Thailand, Japan and Korea to let any media make anything with a Swastika if it is possible to prevent it. Especially if the source of the funding is the government. Absolute loony. Not as bad as Obama telling the world about the secret prisons in Thailand but still nutty. Obama will probably get people killed whereas the 3 second clip will only get 4 people on Thai Visa really angry just to put Thai offenses in perspective.

If you say so....

Maybe you could be so kind and explain which part of the uniforms the teens are wearing is based on a NAZI uniform. I actually went on the net and surfed for uniforms (past and present) but couldn’t find any that would match the outfit the girls are presenting.

One only has to search with google image to get......

http://asiaobscura.com/2011/05/the-38th-reich-korean-nazi-cosplay.html

Of all pictures possible, they choose Hitler in a movie, about values for a Military government aiming for democracy....

Sorry, I am still laughing here.... clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

The director wanted a picture mocking Nazi chic which picture would you have chosen.cheesy.gif

Edited by thailiketoo

You are,a wind-up. Just leave it out OK If you really taught in a public school in Thailand,its no wonder that they think the way they do.you are a disgrace to

Easy on the drinking there, pal. I'll take your advice right after I take Hitler's, thanks.

Easy on the drinking there, pal. I'll take your advice right after I take Hitler's, thanks.

Well there we have it

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

We should, may be, keep in mind that Hitler became Chancellor of Germany in 1933 because people voted for his ideas, his party. His ideas were fully disclosed in his book (my kampf) published in 1925...

He did not get a Majority . He was chancellor of a coalition. When the reichstag was burned down the Nazis blamed it on The Jews and communists and the enabling act was passed with quite a lot of pressure from the SA , allowing Hitler full power in Germany.

• Like 2

Hitler was a big bad good.

But Prayuth is kind, considerate, help save the Thais from killing each other, and ensure that Thai understand the true value of Thai democracy (which is different from the western one). Best of all, Prayuth return happiness to all Thai people, especially the farmers, who are the backbone of the nation.

I speak Thai and live in Thailand. The movie was made by a Thai for Thai people and I think it was a slam against the pop culture that uses Hitler as a fashion statement. Do you think I'm wrong?

Yes, I think you are wrong.

I think it was a thoughtless video made by a thoughtless, poorly educated, and insensitive person.

The fact that no other Thai thought of this, or dared not point this out to the video director, says heaps about Thailand and it's third rate education system.

Of all pictures possible, they choose Hitler in a movie, about values for a Military government aiming for democracy....

Sorry, I am still laughing here.... clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

The director wanted a picture mocking Nazi chic which picture would you have chosen.cheesy.gif

That's one of the easiest questions one could wish for, and the answer is, CC, which stands for...

I speak Thai and live in Thailand. The movie was made by a Thai for Thai people and I think it was a slam against the pop culture that uses Hitler as a fashion statement. Do you think I'm wrong?

I think it was a thoughtless video made by a thoughtless, poorly educated, and insensitive person.

The fact that no other Thai thought of this, or dared not point this out to the video director, says heaps about Thailand and it's third rate education system.

Is your opinion based on watching the video?

Yes, and I speak Thai, and it was a tasteless pile of pooh.

The director should be stood against a wall and shot by beloved leader for being a fool.

• Like 1

Yes, and I speak Thai, and it was a tasteless pile of pooh.

The director should be stood against a wall and shot by beloved leader for being a fool.

Well that was my point through all of this to get people who spoke Thai to watch the video. You have your opinion and it's different than mine but that's OK at least you made an informed decision.

Ignorance and/or stupidity, it only shows the extremely low level of Education in Thailand. At this level, it is really scary. Many Thais are highly disrespectful of anything / anyone not Thai. Just look at how foreign teachers are treated compared to their counterpart Thai teachers.

Ummm.... paid double the hourly rate ?

I thought everyone knew that ?

Ignorance knows no borders ...

• Like 1

" How can you even have values, when you have no idea about nothing at all?"

Snort ...5555