Director defends 'Hitler scene' in Thai govt film

webfact

You should really give up.. They don't like facts they like to moan. You are right with your Bwana party, the more I read Thaivisa the more I come to understand lots of guys don't like fact they need to moan. Probably not happy with themselves so putting Thai people down is better for them. Now there are plenty of things to complain about but acting like its all Thai people gets to me. I would almost start to use the.. if you dont like it you can always leave. Actually that is what I would do but would of course never force someone to leave if does not like it.

They also don't like to admit that they are wrong. Hitler was used negatively that is a good thing. I can understand comments on it if he was used positively as before.

A pile of holier-than-thou rubbish that denies the fact there is no comparing cheating with murdering multiple millions of people, then doing it for propaganda purposes to a populace who are not informed enough to understand just what is in front of them. If this is their first ever association of Hitler with being 'a bad guy' they're just likely to think he's even more cool. Try EDUCATING them with the truth.

Has using the word 'truth' been banned in Thailand yet?

• Like 1

They portrayed Hitler in a negative way and mocked him and portrayed the person painting him in a negative way. How s this insensitive?

BECAUSE HE KILLED MILLIONS, The seriousness and wickedness of what he did should not be trivialized in Junta propaganda video

It was not trivialized. Nazi chic was trivialized. Do you understand the difference? One is war stuff and the other is post war fashion by ignorant people. The video mocked the ignorant people into Nazi chic.

How on earth could one portray Nazi chic without showing it?

Why would you want to show it ?. Are "Nazi chic" followers such an issue for the Junta that they feel they must attack or mock them ?

Why ask me? Why not watch the video and find out for yourself. Get an intelligent Thai person to spend 15 minutes with you and watch the movie and explain it to you. Right now you don't have a clue. Tell me is the attached photo offensive?

post-187908-0-70345000-1418175163_thumb.

Can people actually be born stupid like that ??

Its about time for an election, as this government really don't know what governing is and has no respect at all !

Shame on you for the entire government !

I was at a market the other night,in Phaholyotin RD To my amazment one stall were selling flags. The Union-Jack had a pic of our Queen in the center

Her Eyes had a black stripe over them. Big mouth ( my wife ) would not let me take a photo

"If I were to make an uneducated guess, it may have been intended to say that democracy has good and bad sides," Col. Sansern said.

Uneducated would be the key word?

It is a video about a spoiled child who learns how to be a better person. If anything it is anti rich.

Icons such as this can not be written off as just fashion or whoops we didn't know. Thailand is not an isolated nation, so lets be honest it's arrogance and to use ignorance as an excuse, well that's just plain stupid. One other point this is OK, but other icons are not...one has to wonder.

That is what the video is trying to portray. Perhaps you should watch it because you are really coming off as an ignorant person.

Why are Brits so insensitive about what the rest of the world thinks. They let their royalty dress up like a nazi. Have they learned nothing. I don't understand the Brits. Seems tame compared tot the Thais (nice isn't it generalizing putting a whole nation down for the faults of a few)

harry_nazi.jpg

Edited by robblok

There were no T-shirts in the video. I know it's a revolutionary concept but you may want to watch something and try to understand it before commenting.

If I say Hitler is a bad guy are you going to jump all over me for using the word Hitler?

I know , I didnt say there was ,You want me to understand an image of Hitler in a Thai Junta propaganda video ?

You said it was offensive but it's not. It is a negative image. If it was a positive image it would be offensive. Somehow you understand the image is offensive (you wrote, "Whatever the intentions of the movie its insensitive and crass at best surely to use Hitler)? How?

By your logic any portrayal of Hitler on the HIstory channel is insensitive and crass? See what I'm saying?

You may not agree with me but you can hardly contest the subject without watching and understanding the Video.

It may not be offensive to you but it appears that others are offended by it. Just accept others have different feeling to you and if you keep saying others are not offended you are only tuning the knife and inflicting more pain. Everyone has different feelings and if you think Hitler is Ok and are not offended just think for a moment that others maybe offended by Hitler.

• Like 1

You should really give up.. They don't like facts they like to moan. You are right with your Bwana party, the more I read Thaivisa the more I come to understand lots of guys don't like fact they need to moan. Probably not happy with themselves so putting Thai people down is better for them. Now there are plenty of things to complain about but acting like its all Thai people gets to me. I would almost start to use the.. if you dont like it you can always leave. Actually that is what I would do but would of course never force someone to leave if does not like it.

They also don't like to admit that they are wrong. Hitler was used negatively that is a good thing. I can understand comments on it if he was used positively as before.

A pile of holier-than-thou rubbish that denies the fact there is no comparing cheating with murdering multiple millions of people, then doing it for propaganda purposes to a populace who are not informed enough to understand just what is in front of them. If this is their first ever association of Hitler with being 'a bad guy' they're just likely to think he's even more cool. Try EDUCATING them with the truth.

Has using the word 'truth' been banned in Thailand yet?

The video is painting Nazi chic in a negative light. That is a good thing. You are confused. Try watching video before voicing an opinion.

• Like 2

Ignorance and/or stupidity, it only shows the extremely low level of Education in Thailand. At this level, it is really scary.

the dear leader would probably agree with some of hitlers policies. having said that, the thai's did invite the japanese in during the second world war, and was part of the axis powers, plus the thai education process is in the pits.

• Like 1

Not offensive to me because of the time it was produced and showing him as a caricature , probably have been more offensive to Hitler

"In "30," the segment depicting Gen. Prayuth’s seventh value - "Learn about democracy " - a schoolboy is seen painting a portrait of Hitler, which his classmate then applauds. There are no other references to the German dictator in the film, which goes on to illustrate a lesson about cheating."

No mention of this "Nazi chic" explanation difficult to get my head around. I am sure it would go over the heads of many. If so then the decision to use Hitlers image is poor judgement and naive

• Like 1

You said it was offensive but it's not. It is a negative image. If it was a positive image it would be offensive. Somehow you understand the image is offensive (you wrote, "Whatever the intentions of the movie its insensitive and crass at best surely to use Hitler)? How?

By your logic any portrayal of Hitler on the HIstory channel is insensitive and crass? See what I'm saying?

You may not agree with me but you can hardly contest the subject without watching and understanding the Video.

It may not be offensive to you but it appears that others are offended by it. Just accept others have different feeling to you and if you keep saying others are not offended you are only tuning the knife and inflicting more pain. Everyone has different feelings and if you think Hitler is Ok and are not offended just think for a moment that others maybe offended by Hitler.

Do you find the attached photo offensive because there is a swastika in it? Wake up and watch the video.

post-187908-0-51704000-1418175879_thumb.

I speak Thai and live in Thailand. The movie was made by a Thai for Thai people and I think it was a slam against the pop culture that uses Hitler as a fashion statement. Do you think I'm wrong?

I understand what you are trying to say, but if Thais want to actually educate their population about Hitler they should do it PROPERLY and teach them what he truly represents. That is what the decent Thai people deserve. These people are so deeply entrenched in ignorance about the outside world and it's history - indeed, their own history - any message portrayed as you claim is going to go way over their heads and do more harm than good.

At the same time, and what's much much worse, is this is a propaganda exercise.

My wife has a decent Thai education and is knowledgeable about Hitler and understood the movie to be a slam against spoiled kids who are into Nazi chic.

I'm not saying anything revolutionary. If you want to criticize something fine but at least understand what you are criticizing. Watch the video with a Thai person and ask them to explain it to you.

As you may have already guessed, the issue some people have here is not about the facts, or the actual message of the video, it's about recreational outrage and taking a dig at Prayuth.

• Like 1

I think this goes to show that Thais are some of the most insensitive people on the planet, but we can't blame them, with such a lack of knowledge of the world outside theirs, they wouldn't know any different.

They portrayed Hitler in a negative way and mocked him and portrayed the person painting him in a negative way. How s this insensitive?

Look it is an offence in Germany even to display the Nazi emblem If A shop sells WW2 objects the emblem must fe covered,This is the law.

This is just disrespect for the masses who died for freedom,and the poor Jews that suffered so badly,Just for Thai readers,they killed small children in the most painful ways They need real education here Period

• Like 1

Thais appear to be very sensitive to their own culture and history being criticized and then don't respect anyone else's. I could think of a few "Amusing" T shirts I could knock up and wear in Thailand , but I'd be imprisoned.

Probably the vilest creature ever to exist causing death and misery to Millions upon Millions and these pea brained cretins put him on a T-shirt

As the Lord Buddha has thought us: "Every Coin Has Two Sides" - meaning that, almost always, one side is negative, whereas the other side is positive . . .

Perhaps something very positive can 'grow' out of this situation, namely the current government taking a firm stance on the total prohibition of any/all depictions of Hitler and also any depictions of that nasty Swastika, often seen on T-Shirts and particularly German-Style Army Helmets, with a Swastika on one side and the symbol of the SS-Totenkopf (skull) on the other side.

I was born well after the end of WW-2, but whenever I see these evil symbols, I get offended; how about the many, many people who had to live through this horror ? ? ? ?

Here's hoping . . . . . . . .

wai.gif

Can someone explain to these people,that it means 7 millions Jews massacred in the worst atrocious manner ?

Why is it always "The Jews"???

It was gay people and black people as well and millions of ordinary people all over Europe.

• Like 2

Not offensive to me because of the time it was produced and showing him as a caricature , probably have been more offensive to Hitler

"In "30," the segment depicting Gen. Prayuth’s seventh value - "Learn about democracy " - a schoolboy is seen painting a portrait of Hitler, which his classmate then applauds. There are no other references to the German dictator in the film, which goes on to illustrate a lesson about cheating."

No mention of this "Nazi chic" explanation difficult to get my head around. I am sure it would go over the heads of many. If so then the decision to use Hitlers image is poor judgement and naive

Watch the video it's obvious. Spoiled rich kid painting inappropriate picture and a lap dog follower applauding.

I'm saying don't take my word for anything watch the video with a person who speaks Thai.

It wasn't ignorance. It was a calculated attempt to get attention.

Who was the kid painting the picture A. Spoiled brat. B. Normal Thai kid. C Hero of the film. D. Bad kid in the film?

What's your point?

My post is about the director (and others behind the scene), who ...

"like to often play the “Hitler-also-came-from-elections”-card in order to denounce democracy as a whole"

http://asiancorrespondent.com/128914/bizarre-hitler-cameo-sneaks-into-thai-junta-propaganda-video/

Watch the video it's obvious. Spoiled rich kid painting inappropriate picture and a lap dog follower applauding.

I'm saying don't take my word for anything watch the video with a person who speaks Thai.

I admire your patience, sometimes you just have to accept that people don't like facts and have taken a stance they can't change without loosing face. (familiar isn't that here in Thailand)

• Like 1

Another day, and another scratch your head moment. What planet have these people been living on? You can almost excuse a poorly educated young Thai kid getting it wrong, but a film director, an agency and whatever layers of governmental approval this had to go through removes any semblance of an excuse surely.

"As for Hitler's portrait, I have seen so many people using it on T-Shirts everywhere. It's even considered a fashion. It doesn't mean I agree with it, but I didn't expect it to be an issue at all." <= at a loss for words.

What planet? I mentioned it before: Planet Thailand, the center of the giant Siamese spiral nebula

It wasn't ignorance. It was a calculated attempt to get attention.

Who was the kid painting the picture A. Spoiled brat. B. Normal Thai kid. C Hero of the film. D. Bad kid in the film?

What's your point?

My post is about the director (and others behind the scene), who ...

"like to often play the “Hitler-also-came-from-elections”-card in order to denounce democracy as a whole"

http://asiancorrespondent.com/128914/bizarre-hitler-cameo-sneaks-into-thai-junta-propaganda-video/

The video has nothing to do with democracy.

Can someone explain to these people,that it means 7 millions Jews massacred in the worst atrocious manner ?

To elaborate: 7 million Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, free-thinkers, dissidents, handicapped & other "undesirables". Maybe if we focus on the gays & other sexual deviants, Thai people will wake up & pay attention.

• Like 2

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

Ok mate , I'll have a look later maybe , I doubt my missus will pick up any subtle nuances though.I don't doubt your perception of the aim of the director but for me the image of Hitler being used in any context for political gain is in very bad taste.

• Like 2

Hmmmmm!!! The use of anything to do with Hitler or the Nazi party is an issue and makes you wonder what makes these Thais think.

The thing is the vast majority of Thais have absolutely no idea who Hitler was and care even less.

Go out on the street find 100 English American German tourists and ask them who led Thailand against the French in the Thai French war and they will reply "What war?

You think I am kidding go ask a dozen Thais on the street who Winston Churchill or General Paton were and they won't have a clue who on earth you are talking about.

Before knocking them too hard as yourselves what do you know about Thai history..........99% of you like me could write it on a ciggy packet.

So don't worry too much a few kids wearing hitler uniforms in a silly parade are not out to start WW3 they leave that sort of thing to people like fanatical Muslims and trigger happy Westerns.

• Like 1

"He's ordered schools to display his values publically and start the day by having students sing them in verse."

This is very, very, very frightening. And Thais will go right along with it.

And it is for this, and similar agendas that elections will be some time off; to allow for inculcation.

• Like 2