Greek Tourist in dramatic cliff-face rescue at Pattaya Island

webfact

We also get prats like this in Scotland all the time everyday someone needs rescued from the mountains all these people who think they are mountaineer’s usually military types who think they can march across a few mountains and glens with a compass and a bottle of water to get their next badge to sew on to uniform and get lost or injured on the Scottish mountains and need rescued by the Scottish Mountain Rescue service a voluntary service who rely only on donations from the public, hope he gave a donation to his rescuers .

cliff-5.jpg

I am not a climber myself, but for me this hill doesn't seem very difficult for a real climber :he has no special equipment, he must have thought it's very easy : it's these sort of person who are dangerous , I am not even sure he had water and a hat

Edited by Aforek

Reading about so many comments that he should pay the rescue costs makes me wonder if when stupid people try to cross the southern ocean and get in trouble and the Australian navy saves their asses should they pay too. Oh and BTW is mostly brits that get in trouble down there.

Reading about so many comments that he should pay the rescue costs makes me wonder if when stupid people try to cross the southern ocean and get in trouble and the Australian navy saves their asses should they pay too. Oh and BTW is mostly brits that get in trouble down there.

If it wern't for us you would'nt be down there, so shut your Pie-hole Bruce!

• Like 2

Well Gordy Gambino... and rethaier......you're both a bit vitriolic, aren't you? What have the Pommies ever done to you? Some years back a French sailor (a woman if I remember) got into trouble down there and the RAN went out looking for her. Ah well, it gave them something to do for a few days.

Is this really news - in the summer months it happens almost every day in Snowdonia National Park - North Wales.

Injured or stranded climber or walker plucked off the mountain or trails

...and it is reported as news, otherwise you wouldn't know about it. So your point is it's ok for incidents in Wales to be reported as news but not here?

We also get prats like this in Scotland all the time everyday someone needs rescued from the mountains all these people who think they are mountaineer’s usually military types who think they can march across a few mountains and glens with a compass and a bottle of water to get their next badge to sew on to uniform and get lost or injured on the Scottish mountains and need rescued by the Scottish Mountain Rescue service a voluntary service who rely only on donations from the public, hope he gave a donation to his rescuers .

I think you'll find that the Scottish mountain rescue service was not involved in this rescue and that RTN are not a voluntary organisation.

Edited by Sviss Geez