Mèridien Phuket moves sun loungers off the beach

webfact

Just came back from 4 days in Phuket with my wife.

We could not find ANY lounge chairs, but in some places you could rent the pad they put on top of the chair and lay on that on the sand. Definitely a QUALITY TOURISM EXPERIENCE.

This whole thing is just stupid. Don't these numbskulls realize that tourists WANT to be able to rent a chair?

" there is nothing stopping the vendors providing you with loungers etc from somewhere near the beach"

Well, actually no....

We talked to the people renting the pads on two beaches we visited and we were told that the police/army (not sure which) would not allow their chairs on the beach... even when the tourist was actively using it... the guy at Laem Sing beach had them all stacked up as far from the water as possible. He told us that if the "authorities" found them on the beach they would be destroyed or confiscated.

Good riddance, tourists don't come to look at endless rows of plastic furniture when they book a ticket to paradise. If permanent beach chairs and other rubbish are your cup of tea, the please stay away and opt for Spain, 'cause that would make you a lot happier wouldn't it?

That is a very nice beach,

Karon Noi we used to go there alot park bike up top near road,

small trail down to the beach,

until moterbikes started going missing from the top of the hill while enjoying the beach. Have not been back for a long time now...TIT

The Le Meridien NEVER let us thru there area to use the beach,

but the official was quick to note, “People who are not hotel guests can reach the beach freely.” NO WAY...

they see you on the beach and security is on your ass making sure you go no where near to the hotel.

I just tell them politely leave me alone and go swim at my leisure.

great swimming beach.